Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seahawks or 49ers: Who is more likely to miss the NFL playoffs?

Seattles way better than the 49ers. It will be Seattle bc I think they handle the 49ers in those 2 games they play.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

We were talking about Seattle at lunch yesterday. I looked up their schedule, and if I remember, five of their last six games are going to be real tough. As dominant as they were last year, it's unlikely they will rip off 10 straight, and even then, "could" miss the playoffs at 13-3. Instead, 8-2 or 7-3 is probably more realistic. I would not by any stretch count them out, but they've dug a bit of a hole for themselves.

One big thing to note, they have gone from 1st to 17th in passing yards allowed per game. Now, there can be many things that are contributing to this, but don't underestimate the fact the NFL both changed the rules and made an emphasis, no longer allowing a lot of what Seattle was doing -- contact, jersey pulling, arm bars, etc. All of which, was against the rules, but as happens, each year the refs to letting more and more contact between DBs and WRs occur until it gets bad enough, or one team gets so aggressive, that they change the rules or make it an emphasis. It seems like this happens every 8-12 years or so.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We were talking about Seattle at lunch yesterday. I looked up their schedule, and if I remember, five of their last six games are going to be real tough.
    Pretty tough, yeah: It's when they play the SF and Arizona round robins, with @Philly in the middle. Right before that is @Arrowhead, never fun for anyone, and you KNOW those fans will make sure the Seahawks know whose stadium is loudest. After Dallas won @Seattle, I started looking at this, wondering if the combination plus road games @St. Louis and Carolina would do in Seattle, so I was keen to see them @St. Louis: That loss makes it hard to not feel their season's tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    One big thing to note, they have gone from 1st to 17th in passing yards allowed per game. Now, there can be many things that are contributing to this, but don't underestimate the fact the NFL both changed the rules and made an emphasis, no longer allowing a lot of what Seattle was doing -- contact, jersey pulling, arm bars, etc. All of which, was against the rules, but as happens, each year the refs to letting more and more contact between DBs and WRs occur until it gets bad enough, or one team gets so aggressive, that they change the rules or make it an emphasis. It seems like this happens every 8-12 years or so.
    Also noted that, and when Seattle goes from #1 vs. the pass to strictly average they're a strictly average TEAM, because their D is who they are. Some of its surely rules, some injuries, and some FA, but whatever the cause, they're just not the same team this year. Maybe at the start of the year, but not now, and many of the problems that have emerged since aren't going away this year.

I'm still waiting till Week 9 before forecasting a division champ; Arizona plays Philly and @Dallas between now and then, and those games could be defining for all three teams.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Right before that is @Arrowhead, never fun for anyone, and you KNOW those fans will make sure the Seahawks know whose stadium is loudest.
    I still to this day think Arrowhead is the loudest stadium in the NFL.

6. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I still to this day think Arrowhead is the loudest stadium in the NFL.
    Except the newer stadium in Seattle was designed to help them be louder.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Except the newer stadium in Seattle was designed to help them be louder.
    It was, but Arrowhead reclaimed the record by a fair margin earlier this year (I wanna say the Pats game; it's one of the few KC games I've watched.) When Seattle took it from them last year it was by, like, a tenth of a decibel (a centibel, I guess.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information