Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller on pace to hit 32-sack mark

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller on pace to hit 32-sack mark

Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware make up the fiercest pass rushing duo in the NFL.

It's something that Colin Kaepernick found out the hard way Sunday night when the twosome combined for five sacks on the 49ers' quarterback.

Miller currently leads the NFL with eight sacks while Ware is tied for second with seven (five other players also have seven). Their combined 15 sacks is currently more than 17 NFL teams have total this season.

According to the Denver Post, Ware predicted during OTAs that the two could end the year with more combined sacks than at least one NFL team and set a goal of at least 32 sacks combined.
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ch-32sack-goal

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Seems attainable. Most of the rest of the schedule is pocket passers with questionable lines.

Keep in mind they're not only 1st and 2nd for most sacks in the NFL, but most of the competition has had an extra game to catchup. I'm hoping the attention they inevitably draw opens things up for Jackson/Wolfe, Knighton and Williams to get a few of their own (although as long as our outside rushers stay healthy, the DTs are doing their job if they push/collapse the pocket so QBs can't step up past the edge rushers.) It's nice to have a pair with more sacks than half the other TEAMS, but there's only one other Bronco with multiple sacks (and he only has two.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Keep in mind they're not only 1st and 2nd for most sacks in the NFL, but most of the competition has had an extra game to catchup. I'm hoping the attention they inevitably draw opens things up for Jackson/Wolfe, Knighton and Williams to get a few of their own (although as long as our outside rushers stay healthy, the DTs are doing their job if they push/collapse the pocket so QBs can't step up past the edge rushers.) It's nice to have a pair with more sacks than half the other TEAMS, but there's only one other Bronco with multiple sacks (and he only has two.)
    Thanks, Debbie Downer. Yet again you find fault in achievement.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Reminds me of the time I showed my dad I got an A on a test one time. He said yeah BUT you could have got an A+.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Thanks, Debbie Downer. Yet again you find fault in achievement.
    Joe, Ware isn't worth the money. Sorry to break it to you

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    As I've said before there is no way you watch Broncos play. Jackson already has two sacks on the season. Denver's defensive tackles will end up with some sacks but that's not their first priority. If you would actually watch them play you just might catch on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Joe, Ware isn't worth the money. Sorry to break it to you
    According to Joel, if he isn't three times better than Phillips he isn't worth the money. Ware better have 30 sacks this year or he was a waste.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    According to Joel, if he isn't three times better than Phillips he isn't worth the money. Ware better have 30 sacks this year or he was a waste.
    Way off man. You have to go by Phillips contract last year. So he better be 10x better in order to be worth ten times the money. 100 sacks or bust. Stupid John Elway.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    He only needs to have 3 times more sacks than Phillips does this year. He's 2 away from being there

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    He only needs to have 3 times more sacks than Phillips does this year. He's 2 away from being there

He's already way past that as Phillips only has one so far.

16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    He's already way past that as Phillips only has one so far.
    I thought he had 3...must have looked at the wrong person.

15 tackles, 1 sack, I INT...vs...15 tackles, 7 sacks, 1 FF

Seems worth the extra money so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    As I've said before there is no way you watch Broncos play.
    We covered each snipers go-to personal attack long ago; this isn't YOUR first time TODAY. Who's the condescending know-it-all again, Mr. "if you bothered watching the games, you'd be as smart as me"?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Jackson already has two sacks on the season. Denver's defensive tackles will end up with some sacks but that's not their first priority. If you would actually watch them play you just might catch on.
    As I ALREADY SAID, Ware and Miller are lighting guys up, but only ONE other Bronco has multiple sacks, and he only has two; guess who that one other guy is.

I'm fine with Miller and Ware racking up 15 sacks in just 6 games; that's 2½/game, which puts them on pace for 40 by seasons end (!) It's a long season though, and stuff happens; Miller's coming off an ACL tear, and Ware hurt his back so badly last year that he needed a few games off and was STILL impotent against freakin' Clark and Franklin in his next start.

I remember all the homers last year saying, "KC, sure they've got 30 sacks halfway through the season, but 20 are from just 2 guys!" NO ONE here remembers saying that? NO ONE thinks it sounds like just the opposite of what the same folks are saying now that the shoe's on the other foot? I don't want Manning forced to be a one-man offense or Miller and Ware forced to be a two-man front seven. Wolfe and Jackson are fine pass rushers, too, and the attention Ware and Miller draw while our DTs push the pocket give them opportunities I hope they exploit.

Why the does EVERYTHING I say have to boil down to "WE'RE THE GoAT; SEATTLE MUST SURRENDER THEIR LOMBARDI BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T BEAT US IN REGULATION AT HOME111" to avoid the Usual Suspect accusing me of being... I don't even know what; some kind of Raiders Fifth Column, I guess. Gonna exile me to Donner Pass, comrades?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ware and Miller are the best duo in the game.

So we're going to complain that other players aren't getting sacks? What a stupid, stupid thing to say. **** off already.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Ware and Miller are the best duo in the game.

So we're going to complain that other players aren't getting sacks? What a stupid, stupid thing to say. **** off already.
    Hey, man, I manage to tolerate incessant provocations without cussing YOU out; maybe you should try that some time instead of ORDERING Mods to ban me like they're your personal cyberhit squad.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information