Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller on pace to hit 32-sack mark

Since we're on the subject of our DT's:

But if sacks had assists, Miller and Ware know who would get them. Because while the glamour guys collect the highlights along the way, it takes a defensive village to raise a sack.

"And those guys in the middle, they make it go," Miller said. "It’s like I’ve said, they’re unselfish, they just get to work."
    The rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-an-inside-job

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Joel, pay attention when Ware and Miller are getting those sacks. You'll notice that guys like Jackson, Wolfe, etc are usually just a split second away from getting that sack themselves. But since Ware and Miller are obviously two of the fastest pass rushers in the league, they tend to get there first. It's not like those other guys are generating no pressure, it's just difficult to beat two of the top 5 pass rushers in the league to the QB on a consistent basis.
    Common sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Since we're on the subject of our DT's:

The rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-an-inside-job
    I like the Hillary reference.

Seriously, this hits the nail on the nail on the head. Pot Roast isn't considered one of the better defensive tackles because he get sacks and lots of tackles it because he eats up space and blockers.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Thank you Hillary.

Seriously, this hits the nail on the nail on the head. Pot Roast isn't considered one of the better defensive tackles because he get sacks and lots of tackles it because he eats up space and blockers.
    Exactly, there are times when Miller or Ware come off the edge and the QB can't step up into the pocket because of what our DT's are doing. Malik, Pot Roast, Knighton, and Wolfe are terrors inside on passing downs.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Joel, pay attention when Ware and Miller are getting those sacks. You'll notice that guys like Jackson, Wolfe, etc are usually just a split second away from getting that sack themselves. But since Ware and Miller are obviously two of the fastest pass rushers in the league, they tend to get there first. It's not like those other guys are generating no pressure, it's just difficult to beat two of the top 5 pass rushers in the league to the QB on a consistent basis.
    That's a good point, because I HAVE paid attention, and on many occasions Ware-Miller took down a QB found myself thinking, If it hadn't been him, Wolfe-Jackson was coming the other way/right behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I get what you're saying, but we're only 6 games in. Who knows what happens in the next 10 when we face pocket QB's who are more likely to step forward into the line than scramble out to the edge. 5 of the 6 QB's we've faced so far have been mobile guys that can do that. Rivers, Brady, Tannehill, Dalton, etc. arent that type. So, it's not unreasonable to see Wolfe and Jackson both end the season in the 5-7 sack range.
    Also a good point, and I'm on record in other threads that as long as the DTs are pushing/collapsing pockets and/or DRAWING double teams so Ware-Miller aren't facing them, that's good enough for me.

Ware-Wolfe still sounds cooler than Ware-Miller though....
    Last edited by Joel; 10-22-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

9. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    That's a good point, because I HAVE paid attention, and on many occasions Ware-Miller took down a QB found myself thinking, If it hadn't been him, Wolfe-Jackson was coming the other way/right behind him.

Also a good point, and I'm on record in other threads that as long as the DTs are pushing/collapsing pockets and/or DRAWING double teams so Ware-Miller aren't facing them, that's good enough for me.

Ware-Wolfe still sounds cooler than Ware-Miller though....
    Actually the name that people came up with is Von-Ware-Wolfe.

11. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information