Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Right Tackle Is a MESS

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I don't think it's that big of a deal.
    It's really not. Outside of a handful of plays at most, Cornick did a solid job Sunday night.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    It's really not. Outside of a handful of plays at most, Cornick did a solid job Sunday night.

No way. He looked pitiful on most plays. Peyton did a great job getting rid of the ball. All going to be yea, nay right now but we will find out on Nov. 23. or possibly the 16th.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

We should trade for DJ Fluker.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

RT seems to be the one big hole on offense. Should the team look into making a trade? If so, any ideas as to whom might be available? Or is it too late in the year to even think about making a move?

it was pretty good last year. Weird how that has changed.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    it was pretty good last year. Weird how that has changed.
    Not sure if you are talking about the same thing as i think you are or if you are being sarcastic - but i think it changed because we moved Franklin to LG and replaced him with a back up LT initially - sorry if we were talking about other things and i am stating the obvious

I don't know. I thought Cornick looked pretty decent last night.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was about to ask, "what was wrong with last night's performance?"

I only watched the game once, and didn't replay plays or anything. . . In other words, just enjoyed an ass whooping on San Diego. But I did try to watch him a few plays. I guess the biggest news was that I didn't really notice him at all (outside of that false start in the 4th quarter) which means he was probably doing an okay job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The fact i cant remember hearing his name suggests he done his job pretty good

Edited to add NTL beat me to it

http://gfycat.com/ColorlessSneakyIrishwolfhound

I saw this gif over on the Mane. Look at Cornick and Franklyn. Not good on that play.

13. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

I saw this gif over on the Mane. Look at Cornick and Franklyn. Not good on that play.
    That will not be in their highlight reel!

There was another play where the defender went right around Franklin, similar to that gif. But I think the guy made the tackle in the backfield.

yeah.. but that's not fair. That's cherry picking one play to make a point. NO one grades out at 100% after a game. I could pick any game, and any OL and find a play they looked silly on.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    The fact i cant remember hearing his name suggests he done his job pretty good

Edited to add NTL beat me to it
    I beat you both to it by a week and two pages : http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...24#post2254324

Franklin was TERRIBLE on that play: He had THE block right at the point of attack, and not only whiffed but "split the double team" by failing to block EITHER guy on each side of him, instead nearly falling on his face while his man shot straight into the hole to meet the RB. Fortunately, we only needed a yard, and the back broke that first tackle, but the OTHER guy Franklin declined to block joined another to finish off the tackle just past the line to gain; had it been 3rd and 3 (or even 2) we'd have been forced to punt.

I don't think Cornick did as bad as it looks at first glance; sure, a guy got by him, but unless he blew his assignment as badly as Franklin, he was blocking inside on a run to the left, and it looked like Orange Julius was the guy responsible for sealing the backside so Cornick could work the inside (which explains why the guy who blew past Cornick on the right wasn't in on the play: It had already gone past him.)

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    There was another play where the defender went right around Franklin, similar to that gif. But I think the guy made the tackle in the backfield.
    I remember that and yeah, defender just flat out beat him inside to pop Hillman almost instantly.

There was also his hold on Hillmans gorgeous 40 yd TD run that just nipped inside the pylon; Manning DID bail him out of that one on the next play with a long throw to Tamme that set us up at the goal line when it drew PI, but before that it was 2nd and 12 outside of FG range just after SD scored, when we needed a TD to put them back down 2 scores. A punt there could've meant a very different final....

Franklin, Clady and (IIRC) Orange Julius had nice outside blocks on Hillmans 37 yd dash, but Cornick played at least as well as Franklin overall, IMHO; whether that's a compliment is at the discretion of others.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

19. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Looks like a first down to me.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information