Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Broncos' Notes - Chargers Week

Rivers apparently on again this week that MHS is his absolute favorite place to play, that he always loves this week, etc. etc.

Have seen it played off as respect for the fans/organization/stadium design -- but it annoys me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Rivers apparently on again this week that MHS is his absolute favorite place to play, that he always loves this week, etc. etc.

Have seen it played off as respect for the fans/organization/stadium design -- but it annoys me.
    The reason he likes to play in Denver is because with him at quarterback the Chargers are well above .500. IIRC the Chargers have only lost times in Denver since Rivers became the starting quarterback. That includes last season's divisional playoff loss.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    The reason he likes to play in Denver is because with him at quarterback the Chargers are well above .500. IIRC the Chargers have only lost times in Denver since Rivers became the starting quarterback. That includes last season's divisional playoff loss.
    It is really strange - home field doesn't exist between us and the Chargers. I didn't check each year, but Rivers has won 6 out of 10 at MHS. It seemed that in nearly every year we lost at home, we beat them in San Diego.

Weird series.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It is really strange - home field doesn't exist between us and the Chargers. I didn't check each year, but Rivers has won 6 out of 10 at MHS. It seemed that in nearly every year we lost at home, we beat them in San Diego.

Weird series.
    So, during that same time frame, we're 5-10 at SD.

Both posts are during the Rivers' years - 2004 - 2013.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Crap - Rivers didn't start for two years (Brees).

Since 2006:

Chargers @ MHS: 6 out of 8
    Denver @ SD: 4 of 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I think we jump to an early lead, get a little lazy, they creep, and we take off again. It's a division game, they are usually a little more intense. I have grown to like Rivers a lot more than I used to. I love his passion, his attitude, and his competitive nature. Saw a special on him and his family. Has about 7 kids and seems like a genuine person off the field. I'd like to have a beer with him and talk football. He's never in trouble and keeps a very low profile as well off the field.
    Stop me if you've heard this, but I think it comes down to our line. The Bolts CAN'T cover, so MUST blitz, just like last year (more so, with both starting CBs out.) Manning can feast on blitzes and often has, but doesn't need to be limping off the field like after last years first SD game. If we can get Hillman going, that could protect him better than a thousand pass blockers, and hopefully the evidence of recent games reminded our coaches it's hard enough to run outside on 3-4 LBs when guards CAN pull: Double team that NT and ram it down their throats.

It could still be a shootout unless ALL our coverage guys play well, because Rivers has many weapons for the first time in his career. Our secondary's good, but this is a worthy challenge for it. For a guy with a winning record in our stadium, Rivers is hard to hate. He's always complimentary to and knowledgeable of opponents, and tends to fall on grenades rather than throwing teammates under the bus. It's hard to see us taking our foot of the gas in this one though; the team knows this is yet another big game, and that it gets a lot easier if we can just finish our rough patch strong vs. SD and @NE.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post

His comment last year that Mile High fans "just get it" speaks for itself, but TXBRONC's right: Who WOULDN'T love a place he's played annually for nearly a decade but only lost TWICE (not counting playoffs)?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information