Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos' Notes - Chargers Week

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' Notes - Chargers Week

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 3h

One CSU Ram for another: Broncos promote RB Kapri Bibbs from practice squad, waive LB Shaquil Barrett.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 5h

K Brandon McManus did not participate Monday because of strained right groin. Also LB Steven Johnson has ankle sprain/bruise

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 5h

Can't see Broncos CB Omar Bolden clearing concussion protocol in time for Thursday night game, He did not practice Monday.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 4h

There were some teams interested signing Bibbs off #Broncos practice squad. This allows Broncos to keep him -- now have five RBs on roster

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 4h

#Broncos have signed Kapri Bibbs to active roster, have waived Shaquil Barrett...would expect Barrett back on PS if he clears waivers.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 6h

Ware: complaints about Thursday games "are overblown. I don't see any guys around here complaining about a Thursday game."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 6h

Von Miller: "I like playing on Thursday nights ... you've just got to do the same things you'd do in a longer week."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 7h

The short week means that John Fox has not looked at the SF film from last night; he's been studying the Chargers today.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

So Bolden DOES have a concussion; sucks, because I'd rather have him out there in dime if (heaven forbid) Talib, Harris, Roby or Webster gets hurt. It's still a MUCH better situation than SD's in since the same thing happened to Flowers: He's a STARTING CB, and Verrett's listed as Doubtful for Thursday also, which means they'll be facing Manning and his Pro Bowl receiving hydra without EITHER of their two best CBs. They can only ask so much of Weddle, and DT and Sanders are BOTH faster and bigger than Shareece Wright. This could be a high-scoring game if we can't get to Rivers, but could be another blowout if we do.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

4. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

I get the feeling SD will try to play keep away and control the clock. If the Broncos contain Oliver I think they win. SD won't be able to keep up in the event of a shoot out.
    In Elway We Trust

6. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I get the feeling SD will try to play keep away and control the clock. If the Broncos contain Oliver I think they win. SD won't be able to keep up in the event of a shoot out.
    Well, ball control was SDs game plan vs. us and everyone last year, and has been against everyone this year (though KC beat them at their own game Sunday,) so it makes sense to expect more of the same. I'm not convinced they can't keep up in a shootout though; Rivers hasn't had many weapons but Gates most of his career, but now he does, and even reduced to their fourth string RB, they've been producing.

Each teams offensive line may tell the tale (surprise, surprise.) The Bolts are banged up there, too, and even with Trevathan sidelined our front seven's VERY good, ESPECIALLY vs. the run, so if we can shut down their RBs and get to Rivers quickly with no blitz, all his receiving weapons may not matter much. Flip side, SDs is pretty much in the same boat, because our receivers are even better and their secondary's pretty much gutted now, so they're likely to blitz even more than last year (when they still blitzed a lot because their secondary was healthy, but awful.)

My biggest concern is that while each teams defense is statistically comparable overall, they're top 5 vs. the pass but average vs. the run, and and we're top 5 vs. the run but average vs. the pass. Our offensive styles are pretty similar, and they haven't really had much more rushing success than us; they're just a lot more persistent. We both win through the air though, so not only don't mind but encourage opponents taking away our run just to draw their focus from our passing. And whether by blitzes, coverage or teams playing catch up with us, their passing D's statistically far better.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

waive LB Shaquil Barrett.
    well that was quick....do you think he will go back on the practice squad?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    So Bolden DOES have a concussion; sucks, because I'd rather have him out there in dime if (heaven forbid) Talib, Harris, Roby or Webster gets hurt. It's still a MUCH better situation than SD's in since the same thing happened to Flowers: He's a STARTING CB, and Verrett's listed as Doubtful for Thursday also, which means they'll be facing Manning and his Pro Bowl receiving hydra without EITHER of their two best CBs. They can only ask so much of Weddle, and DT and Sanders are BOTH faster and bigger than Shareece Wright. This could be a high-scoring game if we can't get to Rivers, but could be another blowout if we do.
    A high scoring game would favor the Broncos because Denver has better weapons. The Chargers want to control the clock and keep Manning off the field.

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    A high scoring game would favor the Broncos because Denver has better weapons. The Chargers want to control the clock and keep Manning off the field.
    Agreed on both points, but if we can't pressure Rivers without blitzes, it's likely to turn into a shootout, because SD has many good weapons also.

I think our front seven can handle their backup RBs and limping linemen at least as well as Gore and Charles, but will certainly need to, because if each team only gets a half dozen drives SD only needs to stop us once or twice, and it's far easier for a running team to control who has the ball last in each half. If they match 2:00 scoring drives with 7:00 scoring drives, they could conceivably get two extra possessions even without turnovers, which makes all the difference when NEITHER team has many possession.

The good news is our great run D can force them to pass; the bad news is they're good at that, and our pass D's statistically soft.

The other good news is their run D's statistically soft; the other bad news is we run so badly they may not have to force us to pass, and their pass D's statistically excellent.

I just can't believe a secondary that was garbage for two solid years magically became top five when they signed Flowers, who (along with Verrett) isn't playing anyway. I also can't believe an over-the-hill Dwight Freeney made an above average pass rush elite. We have 1 more Int and 5 more sacks than them through 1 LESS game. Our defensive Passer Rating's just under 10 pts lower, we're 2nd in yds/att an completion percentage, while they're respectively 7th and 12th. We've allowed more yds/gm simply because teams throw at us a LOT more.

Adopted Bronco:

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 44m

Montee Ball in a jersey on practice field for #Broncos, but will not practice, working with strength coaches.

Jeff Legwold retweeted
    NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL · 1h

Peyton Manning's record breaking 509th TD pass is already on display at the @ProFootballHOF » http://es.pn/1uAj4kt

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 48m

No pads, shells or even helmets for #broncos today in first practice in preparation for Thurs game vs SD http://instagram.com/p/ubJLfThwdH/

Mark Haas @markhaastv · 50m

It's hat day at #Broncos practice... TJ Ward @BossWard43 wins with a Broncos Christmas stocking.

Denver Broncos @Broncos · 2h

521 receiving yards in the past three games … Not bad work from @DemaryiusT (also the most in #Broncos history).

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

13. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Screw the Chargers! Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Hey guys Charger fan here just weighing in on thursdays matchup. Sunday was a major disappointment for SD and a huge stepback, but I think they can make it a competitive game on Thursday. The bolts always play the Broncos well no matter what the circumstances or previous performances say. Mike McCoy has the Broncos number a bit. Manning is going to be able to pass all day on our deflated secondary. No Flowers or Verrett means we have to start Richard Marshall and Shareece Wright both of which played against the Broncos last season. The chargers best pass coverage will be pressure on Manning, if SD can't get to Peyton it's going to look like another blowout. Offensively the Bolts NEED to control the clock and pick up all their 3rd and short conversions to have a chance. The formula is there, but I fear injuries will take their toll eventually and the Broncos still win this game. I hope I gave a fair analysis and best of luck to you guys on thursday(although I think the Bolts need the luck more)

17. The Following 7 Users High Fived Boltfromtheblue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Boltfromtheblue View Post
    Hey guys Charger fan here just weighing in on thursdays matchup. Sunday was a major disappointment for SD and a huge stepback, but I think they can make it a competitive game on Thursday. The bolts always play the Broncos well no matter what the circumstances or previous performances say. Mike McCoy has the Broncos number a bit. Manning is going to be able to pass all day on our deflated secondary. No Flowers or Verrett means we have to start Richard Marshall and Shareece Wright both of which played against the Broncos last season. The chargers best pass coverage will be pressure on Manning, if SD can't get to Peyton it's going to look like another blowout. Offensively the Bolts NEED to control the clock and pick up all their 3rd and short conversions to have a chance. The formula is there, but I fear injuries will take their toll eventually and the Broncos still win this game. I hope I gave a fair analysis and best of luck to you guys on thursday(although I think the Bolts need the luck more)
    Welcome to the board Bolt.

I too think it will be a good game, divisional rival plus the Chargers really have no fear of us. I think both teams have some issues that can either flare up at any given time so its probably going to come down to who makes the least mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltfromtheblue View Post
    It always takes some guts to post on an opponent's board, and you don't sound like a jerk or a troll, so welcome! I think no one is expecting this game to be easy. I do think without Flowers and Verrett that Manning will have a good chance to dissect your secondary, unless you get pressure on him, as you said.

I've had this game circled on the calendar (so to speak) all year. Should be a fun one.

Also, McManus didn't practice again. Groin strains can be difficult to heal, so what happens if he can't go on Thursday?

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 18m18 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Did not practice: Ball, S.Johnson, Bolden, McManus. McManus has a right groin strain.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    well that was quick....do you think he will go back on the practice squad?
    You may now call him Chad Mustard
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:

Default Bills made a play to sign Kapri Bibbs

It’s the way it works in business. Another company shows interest in you. Suddenly, your present company shows you some love.

The NFL is a business, too. The Buffalo Bills’ top two running backs, Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller, are down with extended injuries. The Bills made a play to sign rookie running back Kapri Bibbs off the Broncos’ practice squad.

The Broncos promoted Bibbs to the 53-man roster, where his salary just increased from a prorated $107,100 to $420,000. Thank you, Buffalo Bills.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...i-bibbs/30490/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information