Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos' Notes - Chargers Week

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 31m

Rivers, on getting to 500 TDs: "I'd have to play a real long time to get there ... that's throwing a lot and lot of touchdowns a year."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 40m

Philip Rivers says Thursday night game is "equal for both teams." DEN playing Sunday night & SD traveling evens it out, he says.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 41m

Von Miller is @PFF's No. 1 4-3 OLB against the run (+10.4).

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 42m

Von Miller remains @PFF's second-highest rated player at any position (+23.7). J.J. Watt is still No. 1 on their rankings (+38.2).

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 59m

#Broncos K Brandon McManus didn't practice today, but John Fox said he expects that McManus will be "good to go" for Thursday.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Boltfromtheblue View Post
    Hey guys Charger fan here just weighing in on thursdays matchup. Sunday was a major disappointment for SD and a huge stepback, but I think they can make it a competitive game on Thursday. The bolts always play the Broncos well no matter what the circumstances or previous performances say. Mike McCoy has the Broncos number a bit. Manning is going to be able to pass all day on our deflated secondary. No Flowers or Verrett means we have to start Richard Marshall and Shareece Wright both of which played against the Broncos last season. The chargers best pass coverage will be pressure on Manning, if SD can't get to Peyton it's going to look like another blowout. Offensively the Bolts NEED to control the clock and pick up all their 3rd and short conversions to have a chance. The formula is there, but I fear injuries will take their toll eventually and the Broncos still win this game. I hope I gave a fair analysis and best of luck to you guys on thursday(although I think the Bolts need the luck more)
    Welcome. McCoy may have had their number in Denver last year but Denver caught on to their game plan in the playoffs, so I would not say McCoy has Denver's number. But good analysis, I would add that chargers need to get pressure with DL and not sending blitzes.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Wow! That's a substantial raise for Bibbs. He should send the Bills a thank you card.

6. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Boltfromtheblue View Post
    Hey guys Charger fan here just weighing in on thursdays matchup. Sunday was a major disappointment for SD and a huge stepback, but I think they can make it a competitive game on Thursday. The bolts always play the Broncos well no matter what the circumstances or previous performances say. Mike McCoy has the Broncos number a bit. Manning is going to be able to pass all day on our deflated secondary. No Flowers or Verrett means we have to start Richard Marshall and Shareece Wright both of which played against the Broncos last season. The chargers best pass coverage will be pressure on Manning, if SD can't get to Peyton it's going to look like another blowout. Offensively the Bolts NEED to control the clock and pick up all their 3rd and short conversions to have a chance. The formula is there, but I fear injuries will take their toll eventually and the Broncos still win this game. I hope I gave a fair analysis and best of luck to you guys on thursday(although I think the Bolts need the luck more)
    You'll get no argument from me that the Chargers always play Denver tough. I think the Broncos win but I think the game will be close.

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

LB Shaquil Barrett did clear waivers and is expected to be re-signed to Broncos' practice squad soon.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Wow! That's a substantial raise for Bibbs. He should send the Bills a thank you card.
    Bibbs looked like he really made an effort to make the team. Not saying others don't, but obviously he didn't waste his opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:

Denver Broncos @Broncos · 12m

"There's a lot I'm proud of, but there's a lot we've gotta get better at." - #Broncos DC Jack Del Rio

Denver Broncos @Broncos · 1h

Key defensive goal for #Broncos tomorrow night? Stopping the @Chargers’ @AntonioGates85. http://dbron.co/54m

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 3h

# Broncos CB/special teamer Omar Bolden (concussion) + RB Montee Ball (groin) ruled out of Thursday's game vs. San Diego.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h

CB Brandon Flowers is OUT for the Chargers tomorrow. Fellow CB Jason Verrett is questionable (shoulder).

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Peyton has to be rock hard thinking about that banged up secondary. We should come out going straight to the passing attack and be relentless!!!
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

14. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Peyton has to be rock hard thinking about that banged up secondary. We should come out going straight to the passing attack and be relentless!!!
    Keep it in your pants; they blitzed a lot last year because of an awful secondary, and while Mannings quick reads and releases got the better of that more often than not, he came out of our first meeting with tape on BOTH ankles after some cheap (and late) low hits. The WHOLE line needs to show up for this one, both to protect Manning and to beat SD at their own game of keepaway.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:

Vic Lombardi retweeted
    Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 4h

After their TNF game, #Chargers will play 1 game in 23 days -- longest span an NFL team has ever gone playing just 1 game. Schedule quirk.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Keep it in your pants; they blitzed a lot last year because of an awful secondary, and while Mannings quick reads and releases got the better of that more often than not, he came out of our first meeting with tape on BOTH ankles after some cheap (and late) low hits. The WHOLE line needs to show up for this one, both to protect Manning and to beat SD at their own game of keepaway.
    I think we jump to an early lead, get a little lazy, they creep, and we take off again. It's a division game, they are usually a little more intense. I have grown to like Rivers a lot more than I used to. I love his passion, his attitude, and his competitive nature. Saw a special on him and his family. Has about 7 kids and seems like a genuine person off the field. I'd like to have a beer with him and talk football. He's never in trouble and keeps a very low profile as well off the field.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I still hate him.

He seems like a very good guy off the field, but until he retires I'll hate him.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information