Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Terrell Davis - A Football Life

Great show!! I still cuss Lepsis out every time I see it!

2. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Watched it. Liked it but could have been much longer. SB victories really barely covered, And not much of Elway in it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Just finished it.
    Thought they did a good job on some parts but it felt "rushed" (no pun intended) in a lot of places.
    For example...They did the history up to the "Tackle in Tokyo" and then broke for a commercial.
    Following the commercial they were into the 98 season and the 2000 yard record.
    Not sure where the 95-97 seasons went.
    I realize they showed a lot of that in the "intro" part but I would have liked to have seen the progression and reaction...

Overall, I thought it was good.
    TD is such a class act.

After John Riggins he is my favorite back of all time...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

5. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

It's funny, because Riggins is the guy usually held up as the quintessential example of a guy who raised his game in the playoffs and progressively improved as opponents did—yet Davis' playoff performances blow Riggins' out of the water. Riggins is the consensus pick for Best Playoff Back Ever, but Terrell Davis is the one who EARNED that title by a wide margin.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Riggins is in the hof and TD is not. Thats just wrong!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Riggins is in the hof and TD is not. Thats just wrong!
    But, Riggins deserves to be in the HoF. TD does as well, imo, but that doesn't take away from Riggins accomplishments.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    But, Riggins deserves to be in the HoF. TD does as well, imo, but that doesn't take away from Riggins accomplishments.
    I dunno; he had three straight great seasons, following the first with a great playoff run and setting the season rushing TD record the second, but the 'Skins fed him the ball a staggering number of times in all of them, and he was pretty nondescript both before and after that. He only hit 1000 yds thrice in the preceding decade (though one of those seasons was 14 games, so 1000 yds was more of an accomplishment) and his career average was <4 yds/att. He was a classic FB; for three years, maybe the best FB EVER—but are 3 unparallelled seasons and 11 average ones Canton-worthy?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Just finished it. Thought they did a good job on some parts but it felt "rushed" (no pun intended) in a lot of places. For example...They did the history up to the "Tackle in Tokyo" and then broke for a commercial. Following the commercial they were into the 98 season and the 2000 yard record. Not sure where the 95-97 seasons went. I realize they showed a lot of that in the "intro" part but I would have liked to have seen the progression and reaction... Overall, I thought it was good. TD is such a class act. After John Riggins he is my favorite back of all time...
    Kind of my thoughts as well. As much as Elway is kind of the be-all Bronco, and IMO the GOAT, if I've ever had a sports man crush it's gotta be TD. Man I loved watching that guy play.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Is it too late to change my name?
    Do it!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information