Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This is always good for Chargers week...

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Hey Timmy! What do you think of Peyton deciding it is now his role to dictate the terms and conditions for which the team and fans will celebrate a victory?

What a dink, huh?
    Lol, what a petulant child. If Brady did that there would be a 3,000 post thread here about what a douche he is.

2. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

WTE

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Lol, what a petulant child. If Brady did that there would be a 3,000 post thread here about what a douche he is.
    I didn't see the game last night, but was interested to read this article this morning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rom-officials/

I'm going to try to find video of this play and reversal to ascertain whether there was indisputable visual evidence to justify overturning the fumble.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    I didn't see the game last night, but was interested to read this article this morning.

I'm going to try to find video of this play and reversal to ascertain whether there was indisputable visual evidence to justify overturning the fumble.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Why?
    Are you asking why I found the article interesting or why I want to look at video to see if a controversial call that potentially changed the momentum and/or outcome of the game was correctly overturned?

I found the article interesting because you have a well respected former official saying there wasn't indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field while the NFL official says there was. If two officials can't agree on whether there was indisputable evidence, that seems to indicate there wasn't indisputable evidence.

I am interested in the video for that very reason. If there wasn't indisputable evidence then a frequent Broncos fan rant against Brady can be used against Manning - "the NFL and its officials are always making calls to help and protect their golden boy Manning".
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Let me help you, there wasn't. I watched the game and there was no reason to overturn the fumble. I also noticed a lot of Denver O linemen with white jerseys clenched in their hands

Oh and don't ever let me hear a Bronco fan talking shit about Brady for yelling at his receivers.

Adopted Bronco:

Are you asking why I found the article interesting or why I want to look at video to see if a controversial call that potentially changed the momentum and/or outcome of the game was correctly overturned?

I found the article interesting because you have a well respected former official saying there wasn't indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field while the NFL official says there was. If two officials can't agree on whether there was indisputable evidence, that seems to indicate there wasn't indisputable evidence.

I am interested in the video for that very reason. If there wasn't indisputable evidence then a frequent Broncos fan rant against Brady can be used against Manning - "the NFL and its officials are always making calls to help and protect their golden boy Manning".
    I think when people make comments about officials making calls to protect Brady...they are referring to calls that specifically involve Brady. Not the kick returners.

As far as the fumble...yeah...the refs blew it. But I look at it as just a balance. Sometimes calls go for you...sometimes they dont. Seattle got screwed on a fumble play against the Rams late in the game. But no one really mentions much because the Seahawks typically benefit from those calls.

Eventually the bad call or bad replay review that goes against you will come back to benefit you somewhere else...and vice versa. Football karma, if you will.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Oh and don't ever let me hear a Bronco fan talking shit about Brady for yelling at his receivers.
    We can say whatever we want about Brady.

11. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    We can say whatever we want about Brady.
    Nope, not anymore. Didn't you hear what I just said?

13. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Peyton is being ripped by fans of all NFL teams right now on PFT for being such a douche last night.

Adopted Bronco:

I think the yelling at receivers thing was blown out of proportion. If you are a proven QB in the NFL and you are trying to motivate your team to do what they get paid for and nothing else has worked...get on their asses. Did it seem excessive at the time considering the players experience level? Sure...but Brady did eventually admit to that and I'm sure his receivers forgot about it immediately.

Now, yelling at the crowd to be quiet at the end of a game against a division rival that you are about to crush...different story. I'm sorry, but if I paid my money for the ticket and the beer, etc...**** you! I'll scream and cheer if I want to...while you pretend you've been in a situation like this before as a veteran QB of 15+ seasons.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think the yelling at receivers thing was blown out of proportion. If you are a proven QB in the NFL and you are trying to motivate your team to do what they get paid for and nothing else has worked...get on their asses. Did it seem excessive at the time considering the players experience level? Sure...but Brady did eventually admit to that and I'm sure his receivers forgot about it immediately.

Now, yelling at the crowd to be quiet at the end of a game against a division rival that you are about to crush...different story. I'm sorry, but if I paid my money for the ticket and the beer, etc...**** you! I'll scream and cheer if I want to...while you pretend you've been in a situation like this before as a veteran QB of 15+ seasons.
    Yeah see Coach, here is the problem. You are level headed.

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah see Coach, here is the problem. You are level headed.
    Being rational has always been my demise

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

It's a distraction to our daily lives. It doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Pssst, Pags.... :looksaround: this is a Broncos fan message board... we're biased... :gofigure:

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information