Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs 49ers 10/19/14

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I hope the BRONCOS are little more motivated than last year's game vs the Chargers @ Mile High on that Thurs. Night.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I don't exactly buy into the whole "crap the Chargers lost on Sunday, they're going to be angry". They're coming into Denver, after we just embarrassed the 49ers 2nd best ranked Defence in the NFL on prime TV so BAD that our back up quarterback Brock Osweiler started the 4th quarter. I think the Chargers were riding high on confidence prior to Sunday's game against the Chiefs, and after that defeat they're licking their wounds coming into Denver against an even better team. I'm not suggesting the Chargers are scared or this game will be a blow out, but I think we're all feeling better about the Chargers game after last nights impressive win, and I think it will translate to better play on the field.
    Same Chargers team that lost to KC and required Oakland to blow the game in order to get the win over them. I'm not buying into them being as good as advertised. Yes, it's a divisional game and cant be taken for granted...but they are almost as over-hyped as the Cowboys are.

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Same Chargers team that lost to KC and required Oakland to blow the game in order to get the win over them. I'm not buying into them being as good as advertised. Yes, it's a divisional game and cant be taken for granted...but they are almost as over-hyped as the Cowboys are.
    Rivers didn't seem like he was able to connect with his receivers yesterday. A bunch of passes to Royal were dropped for big gains, Oliver didn't seem to have much room to run. You can put that down to great defence by the Chiefs. I'm putting this down to classic Philip Rivers. He seems like he shows flashes of greatness some games, and then other games he looks average. He looked average yesterday. I think the entire Chargers team feeds off of Philip Rivers energy depending on how the game goes. It's hard to believe they lost at home to the Chiefs though.

I don't think anyone can tell me they're feeling good coming into Denver after what we just did to the 49ers.

I don't exactly buy into the whole "crap the Chargers lost on Sunday, they're going to be angry". They're coming into Denver, after we just embarrassed the 49ers 2nd best ranked Defence in the NFL on prime TV so BAD that our back up quarterback Brock Osweiler started the 4th quarter. I think the Chargers were riding high on confidence prior to Sunday's game against the Chiefs, and after that defeat they're licking their wounds coming into Denver against an even better team. I'm not suggesting the Chargers are scared or this game will be a blow out, but I think we're all feeling better about the Chargers game after last nights impressive win, and I think it will translate to better play on the field.
    I always thought this would be a tough game, and SD losing yesterday doesn't really change that. But I agree with your general point - I'm not MORE worried about them being angry off of a loss. Sometimes that's true (I think the Seahawks game this year after they had lost to the Chargers) but I don't get that sense here. They're banged up in the secondary, and we have to take advantage.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

That TD pass to 88 after the interception was one of the prettiest passes I've seen all year. Just a gorgeous throw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's more about us coming out flat then it is about how good San Diego is. We're a better team easily. We just can't play down to their level.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Its all about taking care of the ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Kapri Bibbs activated, Shaqille Barret cut

Keep Rivers from dumping the ball of in the flats before Miller and Ware get to him. He freaking kills us with those ugly shot put dumpoffs. Drives me nuts!

Hats off to Peyton and the Broncos. Great performance.

Niners were a little short-handed, but that wouldna mattered to the result.

The Team to beat in the NFL until further notice.

I agree with Runomok: we cannot beat the 49ers akin to last night if they did have their usual O-line intact, and - more predominantly - that linebacker corps of Aldon Smith (I don't even think Reggie White was as much a pass rushing force as this guy is!), NaVarro Bowman, Patrick Willis and Ahmad Brooks intact. Last night's result could easily have been 42-24 or even 28 or so (Kaepernick can go through series' of absolute brilliance, but the missed bomb to a wide open Brandon Lloyd and subsequent bonehead INT - when he had a wide open 1st down in the same line of sights no less - illustrate his below-elite level). But Peyton can still read and quick release with game winning results against any D right now. The SB was an aberration not that the great Seahawks' D stymied us enough to win, but the manner it was won was just a very unusual occurrence. This is undoubtedly the team to beat in all the NFL right now (kudos to how Dallas and Green Bay are currently looking, however). Go Broncos!
    Last edited by Spartan; 10-20-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    "A ship is safe in the harbor; but that's not why ships were built"

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

...Congrats gary payton on your awesome football career. I think someone did this on purpose. It is seattle after all..lmao
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ings-td-record

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I honestly don't understand this. It doesn't pass the smell test. We simply can't have the 3rd worst 3 and out percent in the league. I think we've only had a handful of them.

How do you average over 30 points a game and be this low on that scale?
    Hurry up offense with a lot of quick-strike scores and/or all-or-nothing drives that either go three-and-out or score. Ironically, that was one of my big concerns about last years offense, because our D got tired whether we scored or not, and we swung for the fences so much that it seemed to me we went three-and-out far more than 25.7% of the time. I don't know how they calculate it though, and am rather curious. Drives that end with the half shouldn't be counted, but theoretically could be, and the same goes for those quick-strike drives that get within FG range (or the end zone) in <4 plays.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    If this is true, then it's just a (moreso than most) meaningless stat.
    Well, methodology always matters in stats, but I'm pretty sure most people would agree that how often a team goes three-and-out is VERY meaningful: It just takes accurate calculation to define that meaning. Part of the problem is that life has fuzzy imprecise edges: Apart from the psychological impact of not getting/allowing ANY first down, three-and-out isn't much worse than four-to-six-and-out; the D still has no time to rest, and unless there's a big play field position doesn't change much, but in terms of counting three-and-outs: They got a first down, so it doesn't matter—even though, in practical terms, it DOES.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Rivers didn't seem like he was able to connect with his receivers yesterday. A bunch of passes to Royal were dropped for big gains, Oliver didn't seem to have much room to run. You can put that down to great defence by the Chiefs. I'm putting this down to classic Philip Rivers. He seems like he shows flashes of greatness some games, and then other games he looks average. He looked average yesterday. I think the entire Chargers team feeds off of Philip Rivers energy depending on how the game goes. It's hard to believe they lost at home to the Chiefs though.
    He always brings it to Mile High though, and has a pretty good record there; he's publicly said it's his second favorite stadium after his own: NO division rival should like our house that much.

I still don't buy SDs D, ranked top five vs. the pass and 6th overall after playing a bunch of BAD offenses; I still think they're forced to rely on the blitz because they can't cover, just like last year (and maybe moreso since it's unlikely Flowers can clear the concussion protocol in just 4 days and Verrett's nursing a sore shoulder; that makes their top CB Shareece Wright, who's smaller, shorter AND slower than BOTH our top two WRs.) They ARE a good team, IMHO, but injuries have decimated them and probably have more to do with their KC and Oakland games than anything that happened on the field.

I don't think anyone can tell me they're feeling good coming into Denver after what we just did to the 49ers.
    There's a school of thought that says they knew that, too, and may have been so busy preparing for our game that hosting the much lesser Chiefs turned into a trap game. It's hard to imagine anyone getting trapped by a division game, but stranger things have happened, and I'm really just hoping WE don't get trapped by one between the euphoria of Mannings latest record in a big win and girding our loins for the always brutal trip to Foxborough in a week and a half. I like our chances in both those games, and this is the last really rough patch of our regular season, but we MUST finish the job.

The Bolts have it tough this week: Their whole team's (barely) held together with bandaids and prayer now, and they're traveling on a short week after a heartbreaking close loss to play a VERY good team riding high on the euphoria of getting its biggest win of the year against a team that's been to its last three conference championships. The matchup I'm really watching is Liuget vs. Franklin/Ramirez and Floyd, Royal, Allen and Gates vs. Talib, Harris, Roby and... see, that's the problem: The only viable solution without Trevathan seems like Ward aiding Marshall; we must get to Rivers fast through his beat up line.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    ...Congrats gary payton on your awesome football career. I think someone did this on purpose. It is seattle after all..lmao
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ings-td-record
    That's Seattle, alright: They didn't even know they HAD an NFL team until last year, and the way things look now, by Christmas they'll probably forget again and HOPE everyone else does the same.

20. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information