Thread: Kill The Messenger.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Kill The Messenger.

I give this movie a 10/10. Didnt get much publicity or advertising, i didnt even know about it, till some friends and i stumbled into a theater late. All based on a true story. I didnt know much about this guy, but have done a ton of research since. Pretty amazing. The movie is very accurate with what happened to him.

Goes deep into the relationship between the drug smugglers and the CIA's involvement with the crack epidemic and the Reagan admin using the funds to give to rebels. Whats funny is today, we have very cheap and pure heroin in the US. Some could say it is coming from the Middle East.

Great acting, great script, great movie. GO SEE IT.

This is a dramatic thriller based on the remarkable true story of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb. Webb stumbles onto a story which leads to the shady origins of the men who started the crack epidemic on the nation's streets...and further alleges that the CIA was aware of major dealers who were smuggling cocaine into the U.S., and using the profits to arm rebels fighting in Nicaragua. Despite warnings from drug kingpins and CIA operatives to stop his investigation, Webb keeps digging to uncover a conspiracy with explosive implications. His journey takes him from the prisons of California to the villages of Nicaragua to the highest corridors of power in Washington, D.C. - and draws the kind of attention that threatens not just his career, but his family and his life.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 10-17-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

oh and

SPOILER BELOW

Gary Webb 'committed suicide' December 10, 2004

... he shot himself twice in the head...

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

so my dad watched this over christmas. he loved it ! 65 years old. He knew alot about it.

I am sure some of you old guys remember it too. curious to what you think about it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information