Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Phil Jackson says hi.
    Pop is by far a superior coach in terms of in-game adjustments and didn't have the benefit of coaching two different top five all-time players.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    Playoffs started, hope the Raptors can make a run to the 2nd round at least. I'd love to see them make it to the East final
    the Raptors are still in the league? I thought they moved to Shreveport or Chattanooga something... go Chattanooga Barndogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Blazers were able to stave off at least for now. Maybe we can make a run here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Blazers were able to stave off at least for now. Maybe we can make a run here.
    Or not so much!

I'm not expecting much against Golden State this round, but who knows. The Grizz are always a tough out in the playoffs, so they won't make it easy.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

You guys think Love's injury dooms them?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You guys think Love's injury dooms them?
    Even without Love, I think they make it through the East. If they go up against GS in the finals though, I would feel better about their chances with Love. I don't know that I would say not having him "dooms" them though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Pop is by far a superior coach in terms of in-game adjustments and didn't have the benefit of coaching two different top five all-time players.
    Don't know that I buy that.

He just had Tim Duncan.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Don't know that I buy that.

He just had Tim Duncan.
    Compare one all-time great to having...three or four? No one is taking Duncan over Jordan. That's not even a consideration. I doubt we remember Duncan as being greater than Kobe, either. In their prime years, yeah, I'll take Shaq thank you. Let me give you some perspective here, the fourth best player Jackson ever coached was Scottie Pippen. Pippen for several years during his career was a top five NBA player, and was certainly a top ten player for his era.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Even without Love, I think they make it through the East. If they go up against GS in the finals though, I would feel better about their chances with Love. I don't know that I would say not having him "dooms" them though.
    I think they're doomed DooOoOOoOOoOOoOOOoooOOOOOOoooOOOOOoOOOomed

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Compare one all-time great to having...three or four? No one is taking Duncan over Jordan. That's not even a consideration. I doubt we remember Duncan as being greater than Kobe, either. In their prime years, yeah, I'll take Shaq thank you. Let me give you some perspective here, the fourth best player Jackson ever coached was Scottie Pippen. Pippen for several years during his career was a top five NBA player, and was certainly a top ten player for his era.
    Thanks for the perspective, but I'm OK.

I'm not saying your point doesn't have validity, but none of those players could win a championship without Jackson.

By the way, I'll take Duncan way over Scottie Pippin.

I'm not saying your point doesn't have validity, but none of those players could win a championship without Jackson.

Well, you need the perspective because you're effectively arguing that Duncan equates to four other guys...

Regardless, if Jackson's crew of all-time greats couldn't win it without him, then Pop's crew of...one all-time great and a bunch of guys who were nothing close to that definitely weren't going to win much without him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Jordan couldn't have won a title without Jackson? Ok. #hottakes

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

DoOoOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOooOooOOmed.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Well, you need the perspective because you're effectively arguing that Duncan equates to four other guys...

Regardless, if Jackson's crew of all-time greats couldn't win it without him, then Pop's crew of...one all-time great and a bunch of guys who were nothing close to that definitely weren't going to win much without him.
    You are putting word in my mouth King. Duncan has been with Pop the whole time and he is one of the all-time greats. Does he equal Shaq, Jordan, Pippen and Kobe? That's ludicrous. Is Jackson better than Pop? I think you can make an argument for either. I like Jackson. To me championships matter. You seem to like Pop feeling he has done more with less. To each his own, and I stand by my comment that none of those players won without Jackson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You are putting word in my mouth King. Duncan has been with Pop the whole time and he is one of the all-time greats. Does he equal Shaq, Jordan, Pippen and Kobe? That's ludicrous. Is Jackson better than Pop? I think you can make an argument for either. I like Jackson. To me championships matter. You seem to like Pop feeling he has done more with less. To each his own, and I stand by my comment that none of those players won without Jackson.
    Shaq did. And if you don't think Jordan could have, then I just don't know what to say to that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information