Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It doesn't take long to perfect fake media laugh.

I know you love your kid, but I don't love your kid.
    It seemed like a pretty organic moment to me, Mo. I would rather have to 'deal' with an athlete doing that shit then the whole 'no comment' or the vile 'i'm just here to not get in trouble line'.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The whole kid at the press conference thing for Curry is not cute. It's annoying and disrespectful.
    Who cares if he brings his kid to the press conference or not? If we're starting to complain about someone bringing their kid to a press conference, then we are starting to take sports way too seriously.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Who cares if he brings his kid to the press conference or not? If we're starting to complain about someone bringing their kid to a press conference, then we are starting to take sports way too seriously.
    Disagree. NBA is a multi billion dollar enterprise. Part of Steph Curry's job (for which he is highly paid) involves media availability. There are people whose jobs are based around that media availability. He is disrespecting the people whose careers are basically fueling his success and salary.

It's cute if he does it once - it's obnoxious and unprofessional if he keeps doing it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It seemed like a pretty organic moment to me, Mo. I would rather have to 'deal' with an athlete doing that shit then the whole 'no comment' or the vile 'i'm just here to not get in trouble line'.
    Maybe the first time it was organic. Now it seems contrived and disrespectful.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Wow. Some people just have sticks in their asses.

8. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Wow. Some people just have sticks in their asses.
    It would be like any person bringing a child to the workplace - you understand occasionally, it's unprofessional if they do it habitually.

10. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It would be like any person bringing a child to the workplace - you understand occasionally, it's unprofessional if they do it habitually.
    Bringing a child to work is one thing that's understandable. Bringing the child to a meeting is what's unprofessional. That press conference is five minutes, Riley can't stay with Del and grandma for five more minutes?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Maybe the first time it was organic. Now it seems contrived and disrespectful.
    Bobby Knight once used his grandchild as a prop to actually mock reporters. That was disrespectful.

Buff, to address your media availability criticism, Curry, with child in tow, was far more accessible than Lynch was. Did you, or do you now, have a problem with Lynch's actions?

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    seventh. . . which is a good number for denver sports, obviously-- but not necessarily high enough to have much odds of finding the franchise-changing type of player the nuggies so desperately need. . . we'll see. . .
    You mean the Nuggets havent moved out of state yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Actually, i personally find it disruptive whenever it happens. Never understood the bring you kid to work thing, its just not professional especially when you cant keep them in line while there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Bobby Knight once used his grandchild as a prop to actually mock reporters. That was disrespectful.

Buff, to address your media availability criticism, Curry, with child in tow, was far more accessible than Lynch was. Did you, or do you now, have a problem with Lynch's actions?
    Yeah, I think Marshawn's act is selfish and unprofessional. I don't think Curry is selfish, the opposite really, but I think he's blind to a bit of immature unprofessionalism because it registers low on his priority list.

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think Curry is doing it to be somewhat disrespectful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Actually, i personally find it disruptive whenever it happens. Never understood the bring you kid to work thing, its just not professional especially when you cant keep them in line while there.
    Well I do too truthfully, but I am at least understanding that stuff happens and occasionally day care plans fall through or whatever and the kid might have to come into the office. No big deal. But if someone habitually does that, then it's a problem.

20. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

I can understand Buff's interpretation better, Moseph.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I can understand Buff's interpretation better, Moseph.
    As hard as these guys think about their image, I think he knows exactly what he's doing. And to many it's portraying "family man," but I see it differently.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information