Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 NBA Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Disagree. NBA is a multi billion dollar enterprise. Part of Steph Curry's job (for which he is highly paid) involves media availability. There are people whose jobs are based around that media availability. He is disrespecting the people whose careers are basically fueling his success and salary.

It's cute if he does it once - it's obnoxious and unprofessional if he keeps doing it.
    Disagree totally. If anything, the media got WAY more to write about with this kid controversy than had he just gone up there by himself and given canned answers to questions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Same with Marshawn Lynch. He made the media's job EASY with all he gave them to write about Super Bowl week. It's probably much harder to write a story with someone just going up there and giving canned, cliche answers to everything which is like 90% of press conferences.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Disagree totally. If anything, the media got WAY more to write about with this kid controversy than had he just gone up there by himself and given canned answers to questions.
    But for the most part, the columnists writing about Curry and his daughter aren't the ones in the building, although that is lessened during a conference finals game. The people that are hurt are beat writers.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    But for the most part, the columnists writing about Curry and his daughter aren't the ones in the building, although that is lessened during a conference finals game. The people that are hurt are beat writers.
    I mean, he still answered their questions, no? I just don't see how the beat writers were so greatly burdened by this. I've seen athletes bring their kids to the podium a ton of times before. I just don't remember it ever being an issue before this case.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I mean, he still answered their questions, no? I just don't see how the beat writers were so greatly burdened by this. I've seen athletes bring their kids to the podium a ton of times before. I just don't remember it ever being an issue before this case.
    You don't bring kids to meetings. It's just disrespectful.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You don't bring kids to meetings. It's just disrespectful.
    It's sports though. It's not a corporate boardroom. I realize sports are a business but they are supposed to be fun and lighthearted as well. Like, being in the media and getting to cover pro sports is a REALLY cool job. I would love to have that job, and I think I could live with a guy bringing his kid to a press conference from time to time.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

The sports world is not analogous to the business world in many, many, many ways. Part of an athlete's job is to speak with the media. They often like to act like it's not, which is funny because contracts lol, and the media is a big reason why sports are so popular, but it is. So long as he is answering questions he's fine. Yeah, it shouldn't be done every single time, but this sort of thing isn't a real problem.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The sports world is not analogous to the business world in many, many, many ways. Part of an athlete's job is to speak with the media. They often like to act like it's not, which is funny because contracts lol, and the media is a big reason why sports are so popular, but it is. So long as he is answering questions he's fine. Yeah, it shouldn't be done every single time, but this sort of thing isn't a real problem.
    And it's not like he brought a screaming baby who totally disrupted everything. I would agree that bringing his kid to every press conference would be overkill, but doing it a couple of times here and there is not a big deal IMO.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Just announced that the Pelicans hired Alvin Gentry as their new head coach. That is a bold move with guys like JVG and Thibs as candidates. He did have that awesome 2010 Suns team though and one could argue that he's had much to do with GS's current success as well. Will be very interested to see how this plays out.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Just announced that the Pelicans hired Alvin Gentry as their new head coach. That is a bold move with guys like JVG and Thibs as candidates. He did have that awesome 2010 Suns team though and one could argue that he's had much to do with GS's current success as well. Will be very interested to see how this plays out.
    JVG has a ceiling as a coach and I can understand why teams might not like him. Thibs is a favorite of mine, but he will grind out your players and refuses to use proper time management. He is the anti-Popovich in that sense. I still like him as a coach, but maybe just maybe avoiding him can make sense. I will tell you this, I like Gentry and think he has a solid future.

There's a game tonight.

Getting physical out there a little bit.

Someone tell LBJ to ****.

I liked how the 3rd quarter ended. Steal from LBJ and the dunk. Boom goes the dynamite.

Cavs are more poised. I thought losing Love would kill them. Nope. They're winning this game, and this series ends with Cavs in 6

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information