Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Denver Broncos unseat Dallas Cowboys as favorite football team

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Denver Broncos unseat Dallas Cowboys as favorite football team

After a six-year run as America's favorite football team, the Dallas Cowboys have been toppled from that spot by the Denver Broncos.

The annual ranking was determined by an online survey by The Harris Poll of U.S. adults who follow football. The Harris Poll conducted the survey between Sept. 10-17.

The Broncos moved up two places from last year, while the Cowboys fell to the No. 4 position as a fan favorite.
    rest - http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/mo...-favorite.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

puh yuke. not what I like to hear. I may have to change teams

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    puh yuke. not what I like to hear. I may have to change teams
    The Jagwads are looking for fans. Maybe they can make you an offer? They might be good for a free toaster oven or car wash coupons or something.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    The Jagwads are looking for fans. Maybe they can make you an offer? They might be good for a free toaster oven or car wash coupons or something.
    first team that came to mind. Jagwads, never heard that one. anyway, thanks,

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Denver Broncos top Dallas Cowboys as America's favorite team

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/14/den...-favorite-team

The Denver Broncos have topped the Dallas Cowboys as the most popular NFL team, according to a Harris Poll asking fans to name their favorite team in early September.

Following a Super Bowl loss in February, Peyton Manning and the Broncos improved from third to first for the first time since the poll began in 1998. Denver has seen its popularity increase from a low-point of 17th in 2011 before Manning joined the team.

Despite their best start since 2007, the Cowboys dropped out of the top spot for the first time since 2006. They were ranked fourth. It is only the second time in 14 polls that Dallas has not finished either first or second.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

That's pretty cool. I also think anyone who identifies as a Cowboys fan should be demanded to pass a football knowledge quiz.

10. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

As a non-conformist hipster, I have mixed feelings.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The New York Giants finished second
    I stopped right there. I have to question the methodology. Is this like those online polls that keep telling us Ron Paul will be the next president?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    That's pretty cool. I also think anyone who identifies as a Cowboys fan should be demanded to pass a football knowledge quiz.
    They're tied with Pitt for most SB, CCG and playoff appearances of ANYONE, and just a game behind Pitt for most SB wins: Because the Steelers are 2-1 against Dallas in SBs. Until they're recent mediocrity, the only time SINCE THE MERGER they weren't contenders was a brief 5 year span at the end of the Landry Era—and all they did after that was become the first team to win 3 SBs in 4 years (and it would've been 4 straight if not for some VERY one-sided officiating in the '94 NFCCG.)

Love 'em or hate 'em, they've earned their laurels by doing more and more often in the last half-century than anyone but Pitt, nearly matching them, too. So, did I pass?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I stopped right there. I have to question the methodology. Is this like those online polls that keep telling us Ron Paul will be the next president?
    Guess which state was 2nd largest till TX passed it in 2000. If Denver can better that with a much smaller local population, that says a lot about the Broncos general popularity.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

One of these johnny-come-lately bandwagoner newbs needs to go get me a coffee while I process this news.

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    They're tied with Pitt for most SB, CCG and playoff appearances of ANYONE, and just a game behind Pitt for most SB wins: Because the Steelers are 2-1 against Dallas in SBs. Until they're recent mediocrity, the only time SINCE THE MERGER they weren't contenders was a brief 5 year span at the end of the Landry Era—and all they did after that was become the first team to win 3 SBs in 4 years (and it would've been 4 straight if not for some VERY one-sided officiating in the '94 NFCCG.)

Love 'em or hate 'em, they've earned their laurels by doing more and more often in the last half-century than anyone but Pitt, nearly matching them, too. So, did I pass?

Guess which state was 2nd largest till TX passed it in 2000. If Denver can better that with a much smaller local population, that says a lot about the Broncos general popularity.

You actually analyzed that? That's just for fun man!! Wow..
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Manning

I do not think America has a favorite team. Most football fans have a regional team they pull for. If some team outside your area or region is your favorite team, so be it. It may be for many different reasons. I follow Denver because of Peyton Manning being my very favorite quarterback and football player. Before that I followed Indy and pulled for them. I admit it. I am more prone to have a favorite player in sports than to be for a particular team. And I think that is true of many people. Right now Peyton Manning probably the most loved and respected player in the country, and people from all over are pulling for him.

I have always respected the Broncos, though. They are one of the classiest teams. Never liked the Cowboys, and cannot stand their obnoxious owner.

The classiest player selected one of the classiest teams, and that is part of his class. LOL.

Thread merge in 3, 2,.........

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by mouthofsouth View Post
    I do not think America has a favorite team. Most football fans have a regional team they pull for. If some team outside your area or region is your favorite team, so be it. It may be for many different reasons. I follow Denver because of Peyton Manning being my very favorite quarterback and football player. Before that I followed Indy and pulled for them. I admit it. I am more prone to have a favorite player in sports than to be for a particular team. And I think that is true of many people. Right now Peyton Manning probably the most loved and respected player in the country, and people from all over are pulling for him.

I have always respected the Broncos, though. They are one of the classiest teams. Never liked the Cowboys, and cannot stand their obnoxious owner.

The classiest player selected one of the classiest teams, and that is part of his class. LOL.

So you're a bandwagon fan that jumps teams depending on what player you like. I could never do that. I'm a team fan. I like the team and root for the players. But I spent my younger years in Denver so I know nothing else but Bronco football.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    So you're a bandwagon fan that jumps teams depending on what player you like. I could never do that. I'm a team fan. I like the team and root for the players. But I spent my younger years in Denver so I know nothing else but Bronco football.
    She's not a bandwagon fan, just a fan of players rather than teams. I can understand and respect that even if I lean more the other way; when the Saints got Bum and Earl I wished them well and swore at Bud Adams instead of the opposite (the vanishingly small chance the Oilers and Saints would face each other in a meaningful game admittedly helped.) A part of me still misses the days when every pink slip from Shanny was stapled to a ticket to Kubiaks Texans. It's safe to say her loyalty runs deep and long or she wouldn't have stuck with Manning when he was kicked to another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    You actually analyzed that? That's just for fun man!! Wow..
    Sure I analyzed it: Decades ago, because the Cowboys/Steelers rivalry has long been one of the NFLs biggest. Again, they're the two most successful teams since the merger, tied in SB, CCG and playoff appearances, with Pitt holding the thinnest of leads because they've got the head-to-head SB matchup by a SINGLE game, which is why they're 6-2 in SBs and Dallas 5-3 instead of the reverse. There's been a drought since, but when Dallas won SB XXX, they'd been in >25% of ALL SUPER BOWLS EVER PLAYED. You wanna talk bandwagons....
    Last edited by Joel; 10-15-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information