Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 1,081 to 1,089 of 1089

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Jets 10/12/14

Interesting look at Roby covering Amaro in the game last week, complete with screen grabs:

Against the Jets, Roby was targeted four times and allowed a single catch (seven yards). He seems to be improving each week. He achieved a sack and a hurry against the Jets, too. Roby’s physical nature and fondness for a challenge makes him perfect for a pass-rushing defensive back. Jack Del Rio likes to throw those in, just to keep the opponent off balance.
    The rest: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ing-tight-ends

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Their franchise is bush league in pretty much every aspect, including having to pipe in noise on every play.
    Just take a minute and think what the NFL would look like without the NYJ. Nothing changes.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 22m

In a week when #Broncos saw Lamin Barrow fined as well as Terrance Knighton, Malik Jackson was not fined for roughing passer penalty Sunday.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Interesting look at Roby covering Amaro in the game last week, complete with screen grabs:

The rest: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ing-tight-ends
    He's looked REALLY good every game this year, not just for a rookie, but PERIOD. I still like the instincts Kayvon Webster showed HIS rookie year, and am eager to see how much truth there is to the Brandon Spano reports he made huge developmental strides this offseason—but Roby's playing so well we'll rarely see Webster unless we're in dime or someone's just exhausted or (heaven forbid) hurt. The combo of Harris, Talib and Roby is just too good to justify benching any of them for anyone else.

It also means Tony Carter (who plays CB a lot like a safety) and Omar Bolden (who WAS a safety his rookie year) need only be good enough for BACKUP dimebacks; they're neither elite nor awful, which is good enough for backup duty. It really floors me how STACKED and DEEP our defensive talent is; the situation just described is comparable to that at DT, DE, OLB and even MLB. The only place we're even arguably thin is safety, but Bruton, Quinton Carter and Bolden (again) aren't bad backups even there, while Moore's really turning into a fine player now and Ward's already earning his big paycheck.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Roby's looking like a solid insurance policy if for some reason the Broncos can't hang on to Harris next season.

8. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Roby's looking like a solid insurance policy if for some reason the Broncos can't hang on to Harris next season.
    Nothing against Roby, but I'd really hate the cap costing us one of my favorite Broncos. It's so clear how much he learned from Champ, who in turn learned tons from Darrell Green, and losing that legacy for Roby, Webster and future CBs would be a mistake as big as the loss in quiet but reliable coverage, unhesitating run-stuffing and wrapping up to secure every tackle. Harris isn't a pick machine: He's just a REALLY good CB who doesn't give up first downs and TDs TRYING to be a flashy pick machine. He's more concerned about a team win than a personal highlight reel, just one of many reasons he's a great CB.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think the Broncos drafted a CB because they know they won't be able to afford Harris with the Thomases/Miller coming up, sucks but that's life as a SB contender.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/2015/

The Broncos seem to have planned well for that day, fwiw, right now their cap number is at $108 and change with almost $5 mil space to roll over.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-18-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Watching the game I couldn't help but think something was wrong with Manning. I re-watched it and am even more convinced now. His normal pinpoint accuracy was off. Almost every one of his screen passes were way low. The zip that he had on the ball was gone. Finally, on one of the deep throws, to Thomas IIRC, he put everything into it and it was still short and off. It reminded me more of Orton than Manning. Did anybody else see or think the same?

I recall Manning taking a good shot in the AZ game. My guess is, if he is off, it was from that game. He also made sure to go down quickly against the Jets-quicker than normal.
    Nevermind! Nothing to see here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    The fortyniners have to go on the road on a monday night against the rams, then immediately go on the road in Denver. At altitude! lol...Schedule makers must not like the niners. We are going to wipe them out.
    Yep, I called it lol

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information