Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Hillman is the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    How's our little "scatback" doing the last couple of weeks, Joel? This thread has some interesting comments. I personally enjoyed re-reading it!!!!
    He's scatbacking, and doing a fine job of it, though he still goes down on first contact more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    His second TD said it all. He muscled his way in.
    No, he didn't: He got stood up at the 1 and Franklin came in from behind to push him in (which I guess makes up for blowing the block that got Hillman stood up at the 1 in the first place.)

Hillman sees the holes (when they're there) and does a good job finding cut back lanes when they're not, provided our line doesn't let half the D through to gang tackle him at the snap; he's a good change-of-pace scatback. But Thompson ALSO has at least a decent eye and makes good cutbacks yet regularly breaks tackles the way Hillman rarely does (I concede he broke a couple tonight.) On one of Hillmans long runs (inside, likely pretty much ALL our long runs; fortunately, we ran inside a lot tonight) the tacklers arrived short of the marker and a couple linemen had to push him forward to get the first.

As long as Hillman's getting it done, leave him in, but I think once Thompson's had time to learn the offense better and develop even better vision he'll be a MUCH better RB, and Hillman back to change-of-pace.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Lmao, same old Joel, "I may not always be right but I'm never wrong".
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Roby

Idk Joel it looked to me like Hillman just trucked him.

5. The Following User High Fived Tebowtime2011 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tebowtime2011 View Post
    Idk Joel it looked to me like Hillman just trucked him.
    Hillman was definitely running hard, but without Franklin pushing him he doesn't get in on that play.

The running game was a collective effort tonight. The line and TE's were doing a good job of creating lanes, and Hillman showed nice burst and acceleration.

We haven't had a back with that kind of acceleration since Tatum Bell, but he has better lateral quickness than Bell did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    He's scatbacking, and doing a fine job of it, though he still goes down on first contact more often than not.

No, he didn't: He got stood up at the 1 and Franklin came in from behind to push him in (which I guess makes up for blowing the block that got Hillman stood up at the 1 in the first place.)

Hillman sees the holes (when they're there) and does a good job finding cut back lanes when they're not, provided our line doesn't let half the D through to gang tackle him at the snap; he's a good change-of-pace scatback. But Thompson ALSO has at least a decent eye and makes good cutbacks yet regularly breaks tackles the way Hillman rarely does (I concede he broke a couple tonight.) On one of Hillmans long runs (inside, likely pretty much ALL our long runs; fortunately, we ran inside a lot tonight) the tacklers arrived short of the marker and a couple linemen had to push him forward to get the first.

As long as Hillman's getting it done, leave him in, but I think once Thompson's had time to learn the offense better and develop even better vision he'll be a MUCH better RB, and Hillman back to change-of-pace.
    Couldn't help yourself...

You were wrong here too.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

He's scatbacking
    You're scatposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Hillman didnt truck anyone. It was Debo throwing him in the endzone.

That said, his misdirection run was pretty awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Hillman didnt truck anyone. It was Debo throwing him in the endzone.

That said, his misdirection run was pretty awesome.
    Debo!

I'll have to rewatch, that wasn't my impression. Looked like his leg drive got him over the line and then the cavalry came.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Hillman was definitely running hard, but without Franklin pushing him he doesn't get in on that play.
    That's sure how I saw it. I found a vine of it, but for some reason it's only coming up a still for me, but the way I remember it from the initial play and the replay was that Hillman got the handoff and made it just past the line before a 49er stood him up (because Franklin somehow let Hillman get ahead of him instead of blocking his guy) then Franklin came in to push BOTH of them into the end zone. http://www.highlighthub.com/ronnie-h...s-on-snf-vine/
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Couldn't help yourself...

You were wrong here too.
    Okay, sure: Hillman's the secret love-child of Earl Campbell and Christian Okoye, but hid it for three solid years until Michael Sam inspired him to proudly reveal his heritage without shame.

Or, y'know, maybe you just need to get over yourself; whichever seems more plausible to you (and we all know which one that is.... )

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That's sure how I saw it. I found a vine of it, but for some reason it's only coming up a still for me, but the way I remember it from the initial play and the replay was that Hillman got the handoff and made it just past the line before a 49er stood him up (because Franklin somehow let Hillman get ahead of him instead of blocking his guy) then Franklin came in to push BOTH of them into the end zone. http://www.highlighthub.com/ronnie-h...s-on-snf-vine/
    Debo!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hillman has done a great job the last two weeks. Its his job to lose in my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You're scatposting.
    His posts are just scat.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information