Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Ronnie Hillman is the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    You've already provided this board all the suppository anyone could ever want.
    As for a sticky on copyright info, look in the rules forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    As for a sticky on copyright info, look in the rules forum.
    Okay, next time I mention Mannings career TD record I'll link NFL.com and/or Elias via ESPN.com.

The posted rules clearly aren't working though, because at least half the people on this site regularly quote stats without even STATING—much less linking—ANY source. I know that from how often I want to double check a claim (especially when PFR or ESPN claims the opposite) and had to ask or just guess its source. I'm still not sure raw stats ARE copyrighted, but will comply with the warning I got.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

3. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

When you name your source as you did, you have to cite it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Stayed away all week, until now, just for this reason. It's funny, you sit and watch the game and if you know anything about football, you know why we lost this again. It's just so easy to see. Poor execution, playing from behind, not dictating the tempo, Peyton throws an early pic that led to points, a missed FG, and things starting to unravel in a game on the road against a pretty good team. It was poor execution, poor coaching, and you throw all that into one big basket and it leads to a loss.

Then we all gather around here and we get educated as to why the Broncos really lost. This thread here is pretty amusing listening to Joel dissect the running game. Sometime you just lose a game, cause you just lose. All the components come apart for 60 minutes and everything breaks down. Some losses you can analyze and pick apart some really easy things while we lost. Sometimes it's just one unit really screwed up and everybody else played really good. Those games make for good debatable topics.

But in this one, it wasn't just the running game, the QB, the Defense, the Special Teams, coaching, it was the whole thing. Just accept it and get ready to move on to the Raiders.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Stayed away all week, until now, just for this reason. It's funny, you sit and watch the game and if you know anything about football, you know why we lost this again. It's just so easy to see. Poor execution, playing from behind, not dictating the tempo, Peyton throws an early pic that led to points, a missed FG, and things starting to unravel in a game on the road against a pretty good team. It was poor execution, poor coaching, and you throw all that into one big basket and it leads to a loss.

Then we all gather around here and we get educated as to why the Broncos really lost. This thread here is pretty amusing listening to Joel dissect the running game. Sometime you just lose a game, cause you just lose. All the components come apart for 60 minutes and everything breaks down. Some losses you can analyze and pick apart some really easy things while we lost. Sometimes it's just one unit really screwed up and everybody else played really good. Those games make for good debatable topics.

But in this one, it wasn't just the running game, the QB, the Defense, the Special Teams, coaching, it was the whole thing. Just accept it and get ready to move on to the Raiders.

Yeah I tend to agree. I'm find it pretty funny that we're on McManus' case. He isn't the sole purpose as to why we lost. Prater isn't going to miraculously bring us back into the game. I understand some arguments, but I don't see it changing the outcome by much. Patriots came to play, pissed off about hearing the media talk about how we're #1, how we beat them in the AFCCG, etc. We sucked on 3rd downs, turn overs didn't help. I think we just went completely away from who we are as a team. Ran twice on two opening plays of the game? That's not us, even if it's just one drive, you could easily tell something is a bit strange. I thought we would've came out guns blazing, throws right from the get go. Oh well, you live and you learn. But this one stung, it felt like a playoff game with all the hype.

Peyton's pic didn't help, but the downfall was following that up with the stupid punt return. Welker's popping the ball up into the air, was the nail. I don't think it had anything to do with poor coaching, as the coaches can't predict things like the INT (which was just a good defensive call at the right time), bad play, and fluke bobbles. Give a team that is as equally good as you to have 2 turnovers and special teams TDs, and its an uphill fight. Things happen.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Peyton's pic didn't help, but the downfall was following that up with the stupid punt return. Welker's popping the ball up into the air, was the nail. I don't think it had anything to do with poor coaching, as the coaches can't predict things like the INT (which was just a good defensive call at the right time), bad play, and fluke bobbles. Give a team that is as equally good as you to have 2 turnovers and special teams TDs, and its an uphill fight. Things happen.
    Comeon now, from the start the team looked sluggish, tentative, conservative. The game plan was not aggressive at all and did not seek to exploit any of NE's weaknesses. The team looked scared to play. Same as they looked in the SB.

Coaches game plan and put players in position to succeed. Coaches correct deficiencies. Coaches adjust and make changes on the fly when things aren't working or on what the other team is doing. Coaches motivate. Fox is a laid back, good guy coach. And it looks to me that the players adopt that kind of personality on the field. Not too shabby says it all.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Default I said and meant I'll comply, but if we're stil discussing it:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    When you name your source as you did, you have to cite it.
    1) Naming IS citing: It credits the source and enables statement verification. Surely you're not suggesting it's better to quote people WITHOUT naming them; that's hearsay at best and plagiarism at worst.

2) I REALLY don't think stats are copyrighted: They're a count of physical factual events, not original creations. EVERYONE—local sportscasts, bloggers, bartenders; your next door neighbor chatting over the back fence—cites stats without attribution OR risk of lawsuit. Saying, "NE beat Denver 43-21," infringes NO copyright—even if the speaker fails to cite the NFL and/or Elias Sports for tallying our 3 TDs and NEs 4 TDs and 3 FGs. Bouncing a laser off the moon to find its distance entitles NO ONE to any attribution or royalties from ANYONE reprinting that distance. It's 43-8, not 43-8©.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Comeon now, from the start the team looked sluggish, tentative, conservative. The game plan was not aggressive at all and did not seek to exploit any of NE's weaknesses. The team looked scared to play. Same as they looked in the SB.

Coaches game plan and put players in position to succeed. Coaches correct deficiencies. Coaches adjust and make changes on the fly when things aren't working or on what the other team is doing. Coaches motivate. Fox is a laid back, good guy coach. And it looks to me that the players adopt that kind of personality on the field. Not too shabby says it all.
    Fox has gone from the guy who needed 4 OT games to reach the SB to the guy who needed 4 OT wins to reach the divisional round to the guy handed the greatest quality and quantity of talent since the '93 Cowboys yet STILL unable to win a championship. It sucks, because Manning will probably go before he does, so it looks depressingly like "historys greatest REGULAR season QB" will be his legacy, through no fault of his own, but solely because his first team REFUSED to sign a D and his last one refused to sign a COACH.

If Manning's Superman, Fox is Supermans Pal, Jimmy Olsen, standing wide-eyed saying, "Gosh, Mr. Kent!" when a drug cartel kidnaps Lois, so if Superman needs help, he calls the Dark Knight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Fox has gone from the guy who needed 4 OT games to reach the SB to the guy who needed 4 OT wins to reach the divisional round to the guy handed the greatest quality and quantity of talent since the '93 Cowboys yet STILL unable to win a championship. It sucks, because Manning will probably go before he does, so it looks depressingly like "historys greatest REGULAR season QB" will be his legacy, through no fault of his own, but solely because his first team REFUSED to sign a D and his last one refused to sign a COACH.

If Manning's Superman, Fox is Supermans Pal, Jimmy Olsen, standing wide-eyed saying, "Gosh, Mr. Kent!" when a drug cartel kidnaps Lois, so if Superman needs help, he calls the Dark Knight.
    I just think it needs to be pointed out how ludicrous your Fox narrative is. I'm quoting it solely for the factor.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information