Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Hillman is the guy

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Our fans tend to be a little late to the party when it comes to recognizing RB talent. Same thing happened with Moreno.
    I agree, if it wasn't broke, Broncos should have left it alone. I was hoping Moreno would stick around. I'm in the minority but I loved him last year. I thought he fit well playing with Peyton.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I agree, if it wasn't broke, Broncos should have left it alone. I was hoping Moreno would stick around. I'm in the minority but I loved him last year. I thought he fit well playing with Peyton.
    Yeah, Elway has made very few mistakes as a GM, but getting rid of Moreno was one IMO. He could have been kept for super cheap and he's just flat out better than anyone else we have.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, Elway has made very few mistakes as a GM, but getting rid of Moreno was one IMO. He could have been kept for super cheap and he's just flat out better than anyone else we have.
    Totally agree.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Hillman was on everyone's bad side for his ball security. If he can hang onto the ball that would be great. I think he was drafted to be he Jamaal Charles type of back. He has comparable size but that size is usually a change of pace back. Hillman has ho.e in speed. If he can break through then he can get so.e big gains. But he must hold onto the ball.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Hillman was on everyone's bad side for his ball security. If he can hang onto the ball that would be great. I think he was drafted to be he Jamaal Charles type of back. He has comparable size but that size is usually a change of pace back. Hillman has ho.e in speed. If he can break through then he can get so.e big gains. But he must hold onto the ball.
    I totally agree. If a player can hang on to the ball, then he has less of an issue with ball security.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I've always liked him.
    I mildly disliked him because he couldn't get >1 first down to close out the playoff game vs. Baltimore, but still put most of that on the line, and didn't have strong feelings about Hillman before last years fumbles. If he's over that, I think he'll be as good as any other average RB behind our line, however good, bad or indifferent it makes that.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I think most haters are keeping quiet because they don't want to take your side.
    Me, too, but it looks bad if I say it.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Hillman is about 185. Charles is about 15 pounds heavier.

IMO, they have similar home run ability, but Charles is more likely to break a tackle. MY two nocks on Hillman have been ball security, and the apparent lack of being able to break a tackle. That doesn't mean I don't like the kid, I just don't see him as an every down back.

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

This is a lot of thread copy on a guy that's going to average about 60 yards a game. Before he fumbles and gets benched.

Hopefully we employ a "hot hand" strategy and Thompson takes the job while Montee is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

The biggest problem with Moreno is that he was/is slow. He's not powerful enough to be a power back, yet doesn't have the speed to ever break long ones (let me edit, because someone will point out his one long run.... RARELY). So he's not power, and not speed. Ball, isn't speed, and is lacking vision right now.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    This is a lot of thread copy on a guy that's going to average about 60 yards a game. Before he fumbles and gets benched.

Hopefully we employ a "hot hand" strategy and Thompson takes the job while Montee is out.
    The NFL is about guys getting 60 yrds a game and another gettering 30-40 yrds a game. As we've mentioned, Hillman never really was intended to be a bell cow 30 carry a game, RB. Thus, if he's getting 60 yrds a game rushing...then he's fullfilling his job perfectly!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Thus, if he's getting 60 yrds a game rushing...then he's fullfilling his job perfectly!
    only if he gets those yards on 13-14 carries. . . if it takes him 18 or more to get there, he's not doing his job effectively at all. . . we'll see. . . i suspect that thompson and anderson are better players, but i'd be happy to be proven wrong. . .

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

I think what confuses me most about this whole thing is, why was Anderson inactive last week and Thompson active? I'd be curious to see which one of them gets the relief touches. I mean, you certainly can't say that Thompson did nothing with his playtime. He played well enough to garner another look. Should be interesting regardless.

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Replacing Montee Ball will be a group effort

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- When Sunday's game with the New York Jets arrives, expect the solution for replacing the injured Montee Ball to incorporate Ronnie Hillman, C.J. Anderson and rookie Juwan Thompson -- assuming Thompson is available after missing Wednesday's practice and being limited Thursday with a knee problem.

"We'll lean on all three of them," Head Coach John Fox said.

Prior to succumbing the third quarter last Sunday, Ball had 55 of the Broncos' 69 carries by running backs. After he left, Hillman had 14 rushes and Thompson three, with Anderson watching from the sideline as one of the Broncos' seven inactive players.

All three are expected to be in uniform Sunday, if Thompson is healthy. That would be enough for Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase, who thinks the answers to the questions at the position reside in a trio that knows nothing else as pros but orange and blue.
    rest, plus Gase video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-fc33ef8a5d4f

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    I think what confuses me most about this whole thing is, why was Anderson inactive last week and Thompson active? I'd be curious to see which one of them gets the relief touches. I mean, you certainly can't say that Thompson did nothing with his playtime. He played well enough to garner another look. Should be interesting regardless.
    Sometimes it just comes down to who's the best compliment to what you have in the lineup. Like in Cleveland right now. When Tate is injured, West is their best starter. But when Tate is healthy, the other kid is the better compliment to Tate. Plus, there are injuries involved that plays a part in those choices.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I like the fact that Hillman has worked hard and not given up. He could of thrown the towel in a few times and went and sold cell phones. He has stuck with it, worked hard, and he's ready to give it a go. More times than not hard work pays off. And I also picked him up on the waiver wire in my fantasy football league. :-)
    I made the same move in my fantasy league.
    Traded Darren Sproles for him.
    I think they are both stuck in the same kind of Pass Heavy offence...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information