Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Hillman is the guy

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Adam Gase confident in Broncos' RBs against Jets' 'chaotic' defense

When Montee Ball went down with a groin injury Sunday against the Cardinals, concern over the Broncos' run game seemed to increase 10-fold.

The team's young running back corps had struggled to produce in the first three games, and now their starter, who already missed time because of an appecdectomy during training camp, would miss several more weeks.

Things won't get any easier Sunday, when the Broncos take on the Jets at MetLife Stadium.

Despite their 1-4 record, the Jets own one of the league's toughest defenses, especially against the run. It ranks No. 6 in the league in rushing defenses, allowing an average of 83 yards per game. The Broncos' rushing offense, meanwhile, ranks No. 29, putting up only 79.5 yards per game.

Unlike everyone else, Adam Gase isn't worried.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...t-jets-chaotic

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    "I don't think Ronnie gets enough credit for the fact that he'll go up there and meet a guy and he doesn't get rocked back," Gase said. "For his size, a lot of guys think they're just going to run over him. But, for whatever reason, he's got that power to be able to sustain his blocks."
    Um... the Ronnie Hillman who plays for DENVER? Or is this another one of those deals where people yell at our nickel LB because he's tweeting when he's supposed to be catching Cutlers passes?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Um... the Ronnie Hillman who plays for DENVER? Or is this another one of those deals where people yell at our nickel LB because he's tweeting when he's supposed to be catching Cutlers passes?
    wut?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    wut?
    Gase said Hillman doesn't get "enough credit for the fact that he'll go up there and meet a guy and he doesn't get rocked back...." It made me wonder if he was thinking of some other Ronnie Hillman, like there's the Brandon Marshall that plays for us now (and was tweeting during a recent Bears game) and the OTHER Brandon Marshall that USED to play for us but plays for Chicago now (and got e-shredded by fans who thought the first one was him tweeting when he should've been focussed on his game in progress.)

'Cause, y'know, OUR Ronnie Hillman gets rocked back a LOT, often by the first hit. Gase seemed to be talking about blocking, but still, it struck me as an unexpected comment.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah Joel, I'm sure you'd know better than our offensive coordinator how Hillman runs.

Gase said Hillman doesn't get "enough credit for the fact that he'll go up there and meet a guy and he doesn't get rocked back...." It made me wonder if he was thinking of some other Ronnie Hillman, like there's the Brandon Marshall that plays for us now (and was tweeting during a recent Bears game) and the OTHER Brandon Marshall that USED to play for us but plays for Chicago now (and got e-shredded by fans who thought the first one was him tweeting when he should've been focussed on his game in progress.)

'Cause, y'know, OUR Ronnie Hillman gets rocked back a LOT, often by the first hit. Gase seemed to be talking about blocking, but still, it struck me as an unexpected comment.
    Its unexpected because.... you don't think its true? Ronnie is a good blocker, and steps up and takes care of his guy. EVEN the best of the best at LT get "knocked back" from time to time, but Hillman is stout for his size and height. I believe he doesn't get knocked backwards very often.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah Joel, I'm sure you'd know better than our offensive coordinator how Hillman runs.
    I'm hardly the only person to comment on the many times Hillman's gone down at first contact; this may be the first time I've EVER mentioned it—but it's sure discussed a lot here. If we're playing the "you don't know better than Gase" game, well, he's been going on about our run game being "terrible" (his word) since the season started, and putting a lot of that on the blocking; does Gase finally acknowledging publicly what I've been carping about for several years vindicate me, or are we BOTH idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Its unexpected because.... you don't think its true? Ronnie is a good blocker, and steps up and takes care of his guy. EVEN the best of the best at LT get "knocked back" from time to time, but Hillman is stout for his size and height. I believe he doesn't get knocked backwards very often.
    It's unexpected because if I had a nickel for every time I saw someone on here complain about Hillman going down if anyone so much as breathes on him I'd submit an offer to buy the team from Bowlen.

It's unexpected because if I had a nickel for every time I saw someone on here complain about Hillman going down if anyone so much as breathes on him I'd submit an offer to buy the team from Bowlen.
    Wait... hold the phone. You mean people, on this message board, exaggerate as to how poor a player really is? Noooo wayyyyy!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If you changed the "u" in the thread title to an "a" this would be aberdien's favorite thread.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    If you changed the "u" in the thread title to an "a" this would be aberdien's favorite thread.

I thought there were more Hillman haters than this.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    No kidding. It's amazing what being the only port in a storm can do for a guys popularity.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Our fans tend to be a little late to the party when it comes to recognizing RB talent. Same thing happened with Moreno.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like Hillman. I hope he gets a fair shot at this thing. Would love to see him use his quickness and us actually have a decent running game.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

No kidding. It's amazing what being the only port in a storm can do for a guys popularity.
    I've always liked him. I think most haters are keeping quiet because they don't want to take your side.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information