Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Brady contemplating the possibility of leaving the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yes, we are aware.

Unfortunately our depth at RB includes rookie James White from U Wisconsin and I think we can all agree that running backs from Wisconsin rarely pan out in the NFL.

3. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wte View Post
    unfortunately our depth at rb includes rookie james white from u wisconsin and i think we can all agree that running backs from wisconsin rarely pan out in the nfl.

ziiing!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    No, the article quoted Bowlen claiming that. Harold Henderson, the chairman of the Management Council and the NFL's executive vice president of labor relations, did not directly address the issue of whether the club gained a competitive advantage. He was specifically asked whether the Broncos gained a competitive advantage and refused to answer. If he agreed with Bowlen's claim he would have said no, but instead he refused to answer the question.

Nice try though Shane.
    Who is spinning here?

Not acknowledging whether the Broncos gained a competitive advantage is de facto proof that they did? What kind of logic is that? It's not logic based at all.

Since you are basing your argument on Henderson's statement, let's look at some more of the statement:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep17.html

Harold Henderson, the chairman of the Management Council and the NFL's executive vice president of labor relations, confirmed in a written statement released by the league that "the individuals responsible for the violations are no longer with the team" and that the Broncos "have been cooperative throughout the investigation." Henderson did not directly address the issue of whether the club gained a competitive advantage but said the Broncos circumvented the cap to help pay for costs related to the construction of Invesco Field at Mile High.

"The investigation resulted in the discovery of undisclosed agreements between the club and Broncos players during the same period [1996-1998] pursuant to which various players agreed to defer certain compensation in exchange for a commitment to pay interest on the deferred amounts," Henderson said in the statement. "These agreements were plainly designed to help the club cope with seasonal cash flow problems exacerbated by the Broncos' need to fund front-end expenditures associated with development of the new stadium in Denver."
    So, for review. He didn't say one way or the other whether or not the club gained a competitive advantage. But he does acknowledge clearly, and plainly, that the agreements were designed to help the club cope with cash flow issues while fronting their portion of the costs of the new stadium. I.E., if not for the stadium being built, they would not have had a reason to use such agreements.

It did create salary cap "accounting issues" (his words), and the club accepted the penalties imposed.

But your logic that just because he didn't say one way or the other whether or not the club gained a competitive advantage defaults to meaning that he thinks they did is kind of silly. He could have just as easily answered that they did gain a competitive advantage. Instead, he agrees with the Club that the motive behind these agreements was to help cash-flow payments for the new stadium.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Did Joel move to Oklahoma and start selling insurance?

#longwinded

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Please show me the evidence the Patriots EVER taped a team's practice. Of course you can't because the NFL has investigated and determined the Patriots DIDN'T videotape any teams practices. I doubt however that will prevent you from continuing to spew out false statements and lies.
    McDaniels admitted his coaching in Denver that this is exactly what the Patriots would do.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 10-14-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    McDaniels admitted his coaching in Denver that this is exactly what the Patriots would do.
    I believe you are intoxicated, sir.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I believe you are intoxicated, sir.
    I'm not but you're ignorant.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 10-14-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Big losses. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm not but you're ignorant.
    Hmmmmmmm Texas.

Well then, I hope you don't have a fever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ref-he...133404249.html

A Ref Helped The Patriots Avoid A Penalty On The Jets' Game-Ending Blocked Field Goal

A doi doi doi durrrrrr

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

I don't think it's a big deal but I'm not buying the player safety excuse.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information