Thread: Exodus: Gods and Kings

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Exodus: Gods and Kings

Aaron Paul plays Joshua.

Ridley Scott for the win.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 10-01-2014 at 10:58 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

looks impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Yea i am really pumped about it.

Of course there is already a couple groups mad about it. The people who do not believe in stories like this, and the people who are not happy that it is not 110% accurate. shame on them. Film looks great.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Exodus: Gods and Kings

Ridley Scott does pretty good with historical epics but he takes a lot of creative liberties. Still looks like a good movie, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

this looks amazing - hopefully it will be better than that abortion "noah"

8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I understand Noah was pretty far-fetched...but when it comes to some of these biblical movies...who's to tell if some of the filler stuff is incorrect or not? The book doesnt exactly go into screenplay like detail, so I think a little creative liberty is realistically expected. I'd think the Christian groups that complain about "details" should be a little more happy that God's word is being brought to the masses through an alternate media that might reach a few more people, as opposed to complaining that a battle here or a detail there may or may not be completely accurate.

That being said...looks like a good movie.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I understand Noah was pretty far-fetched...but when it comes to some of these biblical movies...who's to tell if some of the filler stuff is incorrect or not? The book doesnt exactly go into screenplay like detail, so I think a little creative liberty is realistically expected. I'd think the Christian groups that complain about "details" should be a little more happy that God's word is being brought to the masses through an alternate media that might reach a few more people, as opposed to complaining that a battle here or a detail there may or may not be completely accurate.

That being said...looks like a good movie.
    I agree - but forgetting all the controversy about NOah, and the chirsitian reaction - i just thought it was a terrible movie, boring, long, poorly scripted, terrible CGI - i just hated it.

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I'll give that one a chance. It looks a little more true to story. It looks pretty well done...besides that, Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    I agree - but forgetting all the controversy about NOah, and the chirsitian reaction - i just thought it was a terrible movie, boring, long, poorly scripted, terrible CGI - i just hated it.
    Agreed. I was fine with seeing a movie based on odd Apocryphal texts, but...it was just a terrible movie, all on its own. Russell Crowe is almost always good, I like Emma Watson (though not in a pervy stalkerish obsessive kind of way. If you know what I mean) but they were bad too. Even the superb Anthony Hopkins couldn't save that dog.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i liked Noah.

17. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post

Agreed. I was fine with seeing a movie based on odd Apocryphal texts, but...it was just a terrible movie, all on its own. Russell Crowe is almost always good, I like Emma Watson (though not in a pervy stalkerish obsessive kind of way. If you know what I mean) but they were bad too. Even the superb Anthony Hopkins couldn't save that dog.
    That sums it up perfectly - but this new film looks different.

I think this one will be a good film on its own merit - without any biblical controversy.

Saw it last night and loved it, way better than Noah. There were inaccuracies as expected, not as many as Noah had but still a very good movie.

Had the pleasure of watching it in my very first trip at a luxury theater. If you have never been to one of these you need to give it a try. First thing I noticed was the prices were the same if not lower. Less kids, had a bar with many beers on tap and also a huge wine list. In Nevada you can drink IN the theater...at least this one you can. They had a really good hotdog bar that included brats, hotlinks and italian sausages...just like you get at the game. You also have assigned seating. The seats were leather recliners that lay all the way flat via push of a button. Feet up, layed back and so much room. Loved it and wish we had this in Cali.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

cool. i still need to go see it. maybe this weekend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i liked Noah.
    Me too. Not Oscar worthy but i enjoyed it for what it was. And apparently this film is banned in Egypt now or something.

23. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information