Thread: Big but agile, Broncos' 'Pot Roast' has turned heads

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Big but agile, Broncos' 'Pot Roast' has turned heads

Shout down Ron Jaworski at an airport terminal and the former NFL quarterback who still watches film of every game delivers unsolicited praise of the big man who famously goes by Pot Roast.

Run into an NFL coach on the streets of Seattle and in the midst of a conversation on DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller, he veers toward Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton and how remarkable it is that such a big man can play so well.

Live action can do the unthinkable and make a defensive tackle, even one as enormous as the 335-pound-or-so Knighton, disappear. To those who study film, though, Knighton stands out from that scrummed pile of humanity.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...rance-knighton

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Ware and Miller are the most renowned on the Broncos' defensive line because as defenders coming off the edge, they penetrate the backfield and occasionally sack the quarterback. But it's Knighton who arguably has been the best among the Broncos' defensive linemen through the first three games.

This is a run-stuffing, pocket-pushing force who takes on double-team blocks while almost never winding up on the ground
    Such is life as a DT; this is why I get so annoyed when people say, "DL," like a DT is just a DE who plays inside (or vice versa.) It's a very (if not totally) different job, and if the run stuffers in the middle don't do their job shutting down 1st and 2nd down runs, the defense never gets to those 3rd and long situations where DEs pin their ears back, charge the QB and dance around on the jumbotron after they plant him. If the DT's doesn't demand double teams and collapse the pocket so QBs can't step up and past the DEs, they're just dancing with themselves.

It's good to FINALLY have a legit NT in Denver, not to mention a solid UT next to him and quality backups for them. This defense is STACKED at virtually every position, especially now that Trevathan's healthy; Del Rio's right to expect a top five performance: He and all of us should expect no less, and if the run game can get on track with an equally stacked passing attack, no other team has a chance against us on any field.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Knighton seemed like just one more talented but lazy talent when he was in Jacksonville. It's amazing to me that it's the same player at all!

He's become a guy who comes up in any conversation about the leagues best DTs and is a great reflection of the Broncos off the field as well.

I'm developing a serious man crush on POT ROAST!

5. The Following User High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

I wonder if he is the one that should be franchised even ahead of Julius or Demaryius. Dominant DT play makes everything easier on defense.

7. The Following User High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    I wonder if he is the one that should be franchised even ahead of Julius or Demaryius. Dominant DT play makes everything easier on defense.
    Yeah, but few people consider them half as valuable as elite receivers. I mean, all DTs do is stop the RUN and push the pocket to get sacks for OTHER people (who are thus far more valuable, obviously.)

Wow, gramps, it's like you've never even PLAYED Madden NFL!
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    At this point DT is a no-brainer, anything happen in the next 6 months to change that, but even at this point I'd consider Knighton and Harris over JT.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information