Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ive always despised Walmart for various things but this takes the cake....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Agreed. To be honest, if they save me a buck, I really don't care what they do behind the scenes. If that makes me an awful person so be it, but I vote with my dollar.
    Hell yeah!! Me too!!
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

2. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Hell yeah!! Me too!!
    Moral stances are nice, but they don't pay the rent.

Moral stances are nice, but they don't pay the rent.
    Yeah, no shit. Neither does working at Walmart.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Yeah, no shit. Neither dies working at Walmart.
    Well I don't work at Walmart so that's not my problem.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Well I don't work at Walmart so that's not my problem.
    If you pay taxes it is your problem.

9. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If you pay taxes it is your problem.
    Not really. Wal-Mart is far from the worst employer out there, and pays better than minimum wage for most workers - who in any event are often young people or seniors, not family bread winners. They provide decent quality products to middle class people and their families at fair prices. My daughter gets to wear new clothes that she likes instead of thrift store cast offs, which was in my youth, and we can afford to replace them whenever she outgrows her old stuff or wears it out. I think 97% of the anti Wal-Mart sentiment I've encountered is insincere and snobbish posturing, frankly.

I hate the damned lines though, and avoid going there whenever I can convince my wife and daughter to go without me
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Not really. Wal-Mart is far from the worst employer out there, and pays better than minimum wage for most workers - who in any event are often young people or seniors, not family bread winners. They provide decent quality products to middle class people and their families at fair prices. My daughter gets to wear new clothes that she likes instead of thrift store cast offs, which was in my youth, and we can afford to replace them whenever she outgrows her old stuff or wears it out. I think 97% of the anti Wal-Mart sentiment I've encountered is insincere and snobbish posturing, frankly.

I hate the damned lines though, and avoid going there whenever I can convince my wife and daughter to go without me
    We've been over this before so I'll just leave it at that. I am not part of your 97%.

13. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

I avoid Wal-Mart at all costs because it's crowded. I'll gladly pay more to avoid it. That being said, I'll shop there without hesitation if they have what I need. Small towns don't have many options
    Free Hotcarl!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    One of the most reprehensible companies in America which is saying something.

Anyone remotely suggesting they treat employees like anything other than complete shit has no idea what they're talking about. It's as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

16. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Agreed. To be honest, if they save me a buck, I really don't care what they do behind the scenes. If that makes me an awful person so be it, but I vote with my dollar.
    So much for "Made in the USA" then, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I love Walmart. They are located right outside my office.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I think 97% of the anti Wal-Mart sentiment I've encountered is insincere and snobbish posturing, frankly
    A large chunk of it is union smear tactics and xenophobia because the company used to be non-union (it's changed to some extent) and many of the products were imported from outside the US. Snobbery is also involved. I go into Wal-Mart rarely but I hold no animus towards their employees or customers.

I should add many Wal-Mart haters also believe they stole business from small independants in small towns across the U.S. by undercutting what the independants could charge and forced many small businesses to close. There's some truth to that but it has more to do with the free market and the laws of supply and demand.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 09-30-2014 at 09:28 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Fall-apart Walmart.......don't shop the first Sat of the month. People watching there iis pretty interesting though.

22. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I prefer Dollar General, but if walmart is the only store open, I'll go.

People really should wear their seatbelts.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Dollar Tree is far better than Dollar General, at least here in Central Texas. Dollar Tree is an entire store where every item costs $1.00 or less. It's truly amazing what you can buy in there. Yes, a lot of it is really cheap-o crap but there are aisles of things like detergents, candies, snacks, decorations, school supplies and toys for small children when they are at that age when cheap breakable crap is just as entertaining to them as toys costing $5-$10 elsewhere. You can really save a lot of money if you know how to shop there.

I went into Dollar General after that and everything is priced like a convenience store or gas station.

But things are not all rosey on that lowest level of the consumer chain. Dollar General is attempting hostile takeovers of Dollar Tree and Family Dollar, probably so they can jack up their prices and put them out of business.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information