Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Schefter reports Raiders fire Dennis Allen

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Josh McDaniels name was being thrown around a lot last season as an option.
    That would be like Christmas in January. That's the earliest he could be hired since, from what I saw last night, the Pats won't be playing then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I must have missed where McDaniels was fired by Oakland?
    Rumor is he will be the Patriots HC someday

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I kind of wish someone would turn the Raiders around. It's just not the same with them sucking for 90% of my son's life (he's 13). It's a lot more fun when they're competitive.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I kind of wish someone would turn the Raiders around. It's just not the same with them sucking for 90% of my son's life (he's 13). It's a lot more fun when they're competitive.
    I don't. No it's not, and I hope they blow forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I would like to see Gruden go there and watch his face while he's coaching all them misfits. It would be fun to watch.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    That's what you get. Turncoat.

I'm sure they are on the phone with Jack Del Rio as I post this.
    I can't recall any team every hiring an interim coach away from a different team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    That's true, but that's part of the risk assessment you have to do. By that same token, there's a very good reason why many 'established' coaches won't go near Oakland with a biohazard suit.

He made a desperate gamble and lost. I'm not sure every young assistant would have done that.
    Who made a desperate gamble and lost? Allen? If that's what you mean then no.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I read this morning that Jon Gruden's name is in the hat to take over. Guess since papa Davis isnt there anymore he may get another crack at it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I read this morning that Jon Gruden's name is in the hat to take over. Guess since papa Davis isnt there anymore he may get another crack at it.
    He took over a 4-12 (1997) team and had them at 12-4 (2000) within three years.

Believe me - I love the fact they've been down for a while, but I actually appreciate having a competitive division. I have friends that are Raiders fans, and it's just not that much fun anymore giving them shit because they've sucked for so long.

I'd like them to be competitive again. Gruden would be awesome, but I don't really see it happening. I read he and Davis Jr. have a pretty good relationship though...

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Gruden said he would never go back unless the team had a franchise qb.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He took over a 4-12 (1997) team and had them at 12-4 (2000) within three years.

Believe me - I love the fact they've been down for a while, but I actually appreciate having a competitive division. I have friends that are Raiders fans, and it's just not that much fun anymore giving them shit because they've sucked for so long.

I'd like them to be competitive again. Gruden would be awesome, but I don't really see it happening. I read he and Davis Jr. have a pretty good relationship though...

I dont really care if the Raiders are competitive again. Im enjoying the fact that Raider Nation has to lick my toe from down below. But, i do agree that Gruden is a good coach and would turn them around. Davis Jr would be a fool not to try and get him back in the fold.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I can't recall any team every hiring an interim coach away from a different team.
    They can't, it was a joke. Just because of where they got Allen...

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Who made a desperate gamble and lost? Allen? If that's what you mean then no.
    That's a fine point, on the other hand. Yes. Reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

I think I understand where you're coming from Joe. The Bengals beating the Steelers when they're not good doesn't mean as much. However, I relish the fact that Cleveland has and will continue to suck for pretty much...forever. **** the Browns.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think I understand where you're coming from Joe. The Bengals beating the Steelers when they're not good doesn't mean as much. However, I relish the fact that Cleveland has and will continue to suck for pretty much...forever. **** the Browns.
    Which is pretty much how I feel about the Raiders, the "Just Win, Baby" Seahawks of the '60s, '70s and '80s. Not that we feel the same about every team; I'll always be an Oilers fan at heart, so the entire AFCN can DiaF with my cheerful blessing.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

19. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Which is pretty much how I feel about the Raiders, the "Just Win, Baby" Seahawks of the '60s, '70s and '80s. Not that we feel the same about every team; I'll always be an Oilers fan at heart, so the entire AFCN can DiaF with my cheerful blessing.
    The best Bengals team would spank the best Oilers team. Earl Campbell was a punk ass bitch.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information