Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos' offense not struggling as much as facing good competition

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Cincy
    Cincy would be the only team I would be concerned about as the season goes on depending. But right now they only have 1 impressive win and as a team that has never done anything in the playoffs in this millenium I'm not buying them being better than Denver unless they show they are capable in the playoffs. But they might this year who knows.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Every team has their issues. Kansas City is a good solid team that has very good players on both sides of the ball.

Who? Or do you think Denver is the best team in the AFC by a little and just not a lot?

Talent wise, on both sides of the ball, the Broncos are a better team than Cincy. Not by a whole lot though. I think Denver is the clear favorite to win the AFC cause of the experience from the last several years and you have Peyton at QB. I would get into coaching, but I was already told i wasn't a coach, so I won't talk about it, lol. I think Broncos could use better coaching though. :-)
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Talent wise, on both sides of the ball, the Broncos are a better team than Cincy. Not by a whole lot though. I think Denver is the clear favorite to win the AFC cause of the experience from the last several years and you have Peyton at QB. I would get into coaching, but I was already told i wasn't a coach, so I won't talk about it, lol. I think Broncos could use better coaching though. :-)
    Yea I don't think any team is keeping Denver from the SuperBowl except Denver.

Bengals look to be the most well rounded. They also haven't won a playoff game since 1990. How often do teams that don't know how to win in the playoffs have magical runs to the SuperBowl - Never? I don't know I'm asking.

Cincinatti could go 16-0 with HFA advantage and I still wouldn't be shocked if they lose their first playoff game. That happens in the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Yea I don't think any team is keeping Denver from the SuperBowl except Denver.

Bengals look to be the most well rounded. They also haven't won a playoff game since 1990. How often do teams that don't know how to win in the playoffs have magical runs to the SuperBowl - Never? I don't know I'm asking.

Cincinatti could go 16-0 with HFA advantage and I still wouldn't be shocked if they lose their first playoff game. That happens in the NFL.
    I think the Chargers are a pretty good team this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 10 or 11 games. Rivers is playing really good. I used to hate him. I actually like watching him play. He's a winner and he plays hard.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

I always liked Andrew Dalton and figured he'd be leading a good team into the playoffs soon. If you care to, check out some of my posts on Andy in the 2011-13 seasons.

Default If KC's .500 this year, they should be grateful.

Last year, they were a bad team playing with lucky breaks and facing really bad QB play. This year I think they play good at a few good games and lose some they shouldn't. They are going to be a .500 team probably. You really can't say much else about them.
    They're a defensive running team with its best pass rusher out for the year and best CB plus BOTH Charles' starting guards lost to FA: However good they were/n't last year, they're significantly worse NOW.

Also, however easy their schedule was/n't last year, it's brutal now: Both SB teams (one twice) plus a third that just missed the SB, Arizona and a pair of games against a Bolts club that looks scary so far. The good news (for KC) is they've already lost one of those games—the bad news is they could easily lose 5-6 more, and the Bills and Dolphins look much better, while the last vs. last format has them facing much improved Texans. 6-10 is a real possibility.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

I have no problem with him at all. I think he could enjoy the games more if he wasn't looking for so much and being so complicated with his assessments. Much of his stuff could be condensed and not be long and drawn out. I skim it and try to find anything interesting. He makes good points. To me, he makes watching the games a job and not what it is, a game. He's knowledgeable though. Good for him!!
    Overanalyzing games is much of the fun for me; I just have to remember certain folks consider it above my pay grade. There's a reason my Madden seasons last longer than ACTUAL seasons.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

8. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    They're a defensive running team with its best pass rusher out for the year and best CB plus BOTH Charles' starting guards lost to FA: However good they were/n't last year, they're significantly worse NOW.

Also, however easy their schedule was/n't last year, it's brutal now: Both SB teams (one twice) plus a third that just missed the SB, Arizona and a pair of games against a Bolts club that looks scary so far. The good news (for KC) is they've already lost one of those games—the bad news is they could easily lose 5-6 more, and the Bills and Dolphins look much better, while the last vs. last format has them facing much improved Texans. 6-10 is a real possibility.
    Thier best pass rushers are Houston and Hali. You must be talking about Derrick Johnson, out with the achilles? Thomas is a good pass rusher but I personally think Hali and Houston are their best pass rushers as far as causing pressure and being around the QB. Eric Barry is also out right now with a bad ankle. He's probably the best athlete/player on the team. I agree the Chiefs, like us, have a tough road ahead. People look at the Monday night game and start freaking out cause they win a game on MNF against a sub par Patriots team. Chiefs were up for that game. They don't get many of those. Remember, them Titans beat them week 1. It wasn't on a big stage and had all the festivities surrounding it. Their big moment for the year is gone and they will settle back into mediocrity as they always do.
    Last edited by Bronco9798; 10-01-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Houston and (maybe) Hali may be better pass rushers (honestly not sure,) but Thomas is a better all around LB. I think it's more likely Houston and Hali just get more sacks because they play outside, and the OLB's the 3-4s star the same way DEs are the 4-3s. Don't mistake more opportunities for more ability though, nor overlook everything Thomas brings to the table in addition to being a fine pass rusher.

Berry's a fine DB, but not a CB; Sean Smith had a decent game Monday, but Flowers was a lot better, is gone now, and, as I'm often reminded, it's a passing league. Except in KC, where it's the Charles and Davis show with Smith scrambling a lot because he's only got ONE quality WR, and even HE drops lots of nice passes just like all the others. That kind of offense needs the top starting guards KC let walk because $2 million/year is overpaying for any lineman who's not a top pass blocking OT; Charles, Davis and their whole offense will suffer the consequences of that against this murderous schedule.

8-8 if they're lucky; 6-10 (or worse) still looks more likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Houston and (maybe) Hali may be better pass rushers (honestly not sure,) but Thomas is a better all around LB. I think it's more likely Houston and Hali just get more sacks because they play outside, and the OLB's the 3-4s star the same way DEs are the 4-3s. Don't mistake more opportunities for more ability though, nor overlook everything Thomas brings to the table in addition to being a fine pass rusher.

Berry's a fine DB, but not a CB; Sean Smith had a decent game Monday, but Flowers was a lot better, is gone now, and, as I'm often reminded, it's a passing league. Except in KC, where it's the Charles and Davis show with Smith scrambling a lot because he's only got ONE quality WR, and even HE drops lots of nice passes just like all the others. That kind of offense needs the top starting guards KC let walk because $2 million/year is overpaying for any lineman who's not a top pass blocking OT; Charles, Davis and their whole offense will suffer the consequences of that against this murderous schedule.

8-8 if they're lucky; 6-10 (or worse) still looks more likely to me.
    Johnson, Derrick Johnson. Derrick Thomas is deceased.

Derrick is a good Mike, but Hali and Houston are one the top pass rushing pairs in the NFL. The loss of Houston towards the end of last year was one of the key reasons they tailed off near the end of the season.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Johnson, Derrick Johnson. Derrick Thomas is deceased.

Derrick is a good Mike, but Hali and Houston are one the top pass rushing pairs in the NFL. The loss of Houston towards the end of last year was one of the key reasons they tailed off near the end of the season.
    Sorry, that's twice I did that; in my defense, I was lured into it this time. As to the rest, again: They're 3-4 OLBs; of course they get tons of sacks, but a 4-3 ILB's not a Mike in the usual sense; we could call him a Jack just as easily. He's not the focus of their front seven the way he would be in a 4-3, but still a darned good LB vs. the run, in coverage and rushing the passer, and in that sense he's closer to the prototypical Mike than either Hali or Houston. He's certainly a bigger leader on their D, even if he doesn't put up the video game stats that go with playing OLB in a 3-4.

Anyway, the point is the Chiefs team that went 11-5 last season lost multiple Pro Bowlers and has a MUCH tougher schedule this year, so I expect a decline of >3 wins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

"The Broncos suck and to prove it I'll spam every thread with constantly changing parameters until they 3-peat and justify trading Tim Tebow for Peyton Manning and his giant contract #JonKitna" <-- that's Joel's knowledgeable posts in a sentence or less.

:burp:

:fart:

:golfclap:
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

It takes a special kind of pettiness to get mad someone else got a compliment. You two gonna throw nail polish on my locker and tell everyone I screwed the science teacher?

17. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Please tell me the science teacher is Mrs. BJ. I want this to escalate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Please tell me the science teacher is Mrs. BJ. I want this to escalate.
    Wut?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information