Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris says he's the top corner in the NFL and explains why (Audio Included)

1. Default Chris Harris says he's the top corner in the NFL and explains why (Audio Included)

By Brandon Spano

I've covered Chris about as closely as he's covered wide receivers across from him for the last four seasons. He comes on my show every other week and has been a mainstay on my program since he entered the league. I remember when he came in as an undrafted rookie, made the team, and ending up starting by mid-season. In week eight that year, he had 11 tackles and an interception out of the slot. I think we all knew at that point, that the Broncos had found a diamond in the rough.

For the last few years, he has graded out as the leagues best slot guy and has been so good in that role that people didn't really know just how good he was on the outside. Last year I called him the most underrated player in the NFL, along with Pete Prisco and a few others.

He's graded out as a top 10 corner by PFF the last two seasons but entered this season with some people doubting whether or not he would efficiently recover from an ACL tear in January. The results are in, folks. He's been exceptional.

He has not allowed a touchdown so far and he's only given up a total of 80 yards in three games with four pass breakups and an interception. But don't take my word for it; Chris Harris joined my show on Thursday and told me..............

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST
    Last edited by BSN Denver; 09-26-2014 at 10:54 AM.
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

I'm the best... because I say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I'm not going to bash him for feeling t his way. Confidence is a HUGE factor when you play corner, and if this kind of perspective keeps him playing as he is playing right now, then I'm all for it. Just as long as he keeps any comments in check, I'm thrilled he's on our side.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Im tired of all these self-righteous players claiming to be the best. Shut up and play. So stupid.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Im tired of all these self-righteous players claiming to be the best. Shut up and play. So stupid.
    Agreed. Be confident but be humble. Forget all of the grand standing already.

9. Default

I'm not sure if it's fair to call him self-righteous. If you listen to the interview, you can tell he's very grounded and he puts out film and has the numbers to back up his claim. As for telling him to just "shut up and play" that's not fair either. If he is asked a question while he is on a radio show and he answers it honestly, kudos to him.
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

10. The Following 10 Users High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Brandon Spano Network View Post
    I'm not sure if it's fair to call him self-righteous. If you listen to the interview, you can tell he's very grounded and he puts out film and has the numbers to back up his claim. As for telling him to just "shut up and play" that's not fair either. If he is asked a question while he is on a radio show and he answers it honestly, kudos to him.
    then I guess the blame falls on you. I just read what you posted, I dont listen to the show, sorry. You posted what you did to elicit a response, that is what you received.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I agree, he doesn't come across as an idiot at all. He's a very likeable and bright guy.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

When did you ever hear Champ Bailey grandstanding and parading himself around as the best corner in the league? It's foolish for any player who is not the best to ever even consider themselves the best. Harris isn't even the best corner on this team IMO. He hasn't EVER been. I love the kid and love his heart and story, but I HATE people proclaiming themselves as the best at anything. Leave that classless shit to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    When did you ever hear Champ Bailey grandstanding and parading himself around as the best corner in the league? It's foolish for any player who is not the best to ever even consider themselves the best. Harris isn't even the best corner on this team IMO. He hasn't EVER been. I love the kid and love his heart and story, but I HATE people proclaiming themselves as the best at anything. Leave that classless shit to the NBA.
    If you read the transcript I don't think he came across that way. He's saying he thinks he's been playing better than anyone so far this season. He's not proclaiming himself to be the GOAT. He did not come across as brash or arrogant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If you read the transcript I don't think he came across that way. He's saying he thinks he's been playing better than anyone so far this season. He's not proclaiming himself to be the GOAT. He did not come across as brash or arrogant.
    Doesn't change my stance.

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Let's list every NFL Corner Back that has said that they "aren't the best". Because, that'd be new news. A CB who thinks they are the best is nothing new as far as I'm concerned.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    Let's list every NFL Corner Back that has said that they "aren't the best". Because, that'd be new news. A CB who thinks they are the best is nothing new as far as I'm concerned.
    hah "I'm 14th best CB in the NFL!"
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

20. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Then the title of the thread is very misleading.

22. 09-26-2014, 02:02 PM

Pete Prisco's one of the NFLs most underrated players? #Dangling Modifier FTW
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information