Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Anyone had labrum surgery in the shoulder before?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    I had to drive the dude to work every day and then hook him up to the ice machine. Then the PT killed him too, I don't envy you! Here's the like again in case you want to give it a shot. http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Care-Cub...er+ice+machine
    Im having the left side done next. I'll definitely take a look at that. I don't even start PT for another 5 weeks.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

2. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I swelled pretty good but was so friggin goofy and tired over the pain meds I never took the time to ice it, which was a horrible mistake. Dude, it's a hurting recovery. The pain is relentless and you have to wear a sling, a button up shirt, and other shit for 4 to 6 weeks. I'm 5 days in and can't friggin stand it already.

Fuk man. You are really making me nervous about this. I just moved my surgery date up to Nov 10th too. They had a cancellation and I took it. Its like a week and a half away.

Ill be sure to ice it. Ive got my girl taking the day off work to take care of me. Anything else since the surgery that you would recommend I do or do not do?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Fuk man. You are really making me nervous about this. I just moved my surgery date up to Nov 10th too. They had a cancellation and I took it. Its like a week and a half away.

Ill be sure to ice it. Ive got my girl taking the day off work to take care of me. Anything else since the surgery that you would recommend I do or do not do?
    Buy.the.ice.machine.

5. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Its intense. Follow the after care instructions to a Tee. I had a nerve block as well. You want to load up on your pain meds before that wears off. They gave me Percocet, which is the typical pain reliever for this surgery. You are basically one handed for an extended period of time. I'm getting used to it. I take my sling off about 4 time a day and wiggle my wrist and move my elbow as much as I can without extending my arm out from my body. I go to the Doctor next Thursday and go from there and see what he says. Again, you just get used to it and of course my wife works so I sit in the house and watch movies and listen to sports talk radio all day. I'm adjusting though.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

7. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

I doubt your labrum surgery will be anywhere near as hard to recover from as the rotator cuff/bicep tendon 98 had done. That's some major shit, especially to have both at the same time. I've had both shoulders scoped, and as I mentioned, a small labral tear fixed, so yours will probably be worse than mine, but I don't think you are going to be too bad off.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

So I'm at home recovering. Feel great. Surgery was a cinch and other than a bit of mis comfort am right as rain.

The cuff like you have niner, must be the real bitch. I haven't slept yet so we will see how that goes.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm doing good. I'm 3 weeks post op. I have pictures of my surgery. Pretty cool. Shows my torn bicep tendon and the tear in the rotator cuff. My arm is still bruised. I'm doing exercises and rehab at home right now. Pain is easing and I'm pleased with everything so far. I'm still sleeping on the couch surrounded by big pillows so I can't roll over. It's pretty comfortable. I take 2 Percocet and 1 Ativan before I go to sleep. It really helps.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Good to hear it man. Yours is waaaay worse because I don't even notice mine unless I move my arm the wrong way.

Sleeping is a bit tough as it's hard to get comfy. I've tried the recliner, the couch....I've actually found my gf ass makes a nice support for my back. So when she is sleeping ill load up some pillows for my arm next to her and lean up on her. Definitely most comfortable.

I get to take bandage and harness off today when she gets home. Can't wait.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good to hear it man. Yours is waaaay worse because I don't even notice mine unless I move my arm the wrong way.

Sleeping is a bit tough as it's hard to get comfy. I've tried the recliner, the couch....I've actually found my gf ass makes a nice support for my back. So when she is sleeping ill load up some pillows for my arm next to her and lean up on her. Definitely most comfortable.

You'll be good to go in no time. I'm actually gaining more and more movement everyday. I do my exercises like I'm suppose to do and more. The GF's ass thing is a good idea, lol... Mine was pretty brutal. I have to do the left shoulder in February. Same thing........
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Hey. When you guys are all healed up your can jerk each other off
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Hey. When you guys are all healed up your can jerk each other off

That's the point of the thread
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Your's sounds much more like my experience. I think the combo of torn rotator cuff and bicep tendon made Niner's much worse.

When I had both shoulders done (a few years apart) I had a lazyboy recliner, and I found that was the most comfortable way to sleep the first few nights.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information