Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ugh

Default ugh

I get to go home and tell my wife that the buyers for our house just walked away from the deal 10 days before closing. We were suppose to close on a new house too. I am not looking forward to telling my wife.

Our realtor told me this only the second time this has happened to him in ten years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear it Dennis
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Realtors are sketchy liars. FYI.

5. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Did the buyers provide you with an unrecoverable deposit?

That's a bummer.

Default ugh

Well shit. Do you get to keep earnest money?

Well shit man. I'm sure you know tho, the market is hot.....I bet you'll get another offer real soon.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

What clause did they use to back out?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I get to go home and tell my wife that the buyers for our house just walked away from the deal 10 days before closing. We were suppose to close on a new house too. I am not looking forward to telling my wife.

Our realtor told me this only the second time this has happened to him in ten years.
    Free earnest money! (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

That's jacked up man! I hate people that don't keep their word....

14. The Following User High Fived john.mccann61 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Did the buyers provide you with an unrecoverable deposit?
    Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Well shit. Do you get to keep earnest money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Free earnest money! (?)
    Yes, we get to keep the earnest money $1500.00, but we have spent $925 in inspection and appraisal fees on the house we wanted to buy. Additionally, I might have to part with the earnest money on the house we were going to buy, to the tune of $1500, so altogether this might have cost us $925.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    What clause did they use to back out?
    They have no clause to fall back on. They're just assuming I won't sue them. We had already agreed on all of the changes to the original contract. We were only ten days from closing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That blows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Yes, we get to keep the earnest money $1500.00, but we have spent $925 in inspection and appraisal fees on the house we wanted to buy. Additionally, I might have to part with the earnest money on the house we were going to buy, to the tune of $1500, so altogether this might have cost us $925.

They have no clause to fall back on. They're just assuming I won't sue them. We had already agreed on all of the changes to the original contract. We were only ten days from closing.
    Did you have a contingency on the house you were going to buy that it is contingent on you selling your existing house? Wouldn't that be cause to getting your deposit back?

18. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Did you have a contingency on the house you were going to buy that it is contingent on you selling your existing house? Wouldn't that be cause to getting your deposit back?
    Yes and no

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If you really like the new house, you could consider a bridge loan until your current house sells. If you're into gambling...

I don't remember - are you in Colorado? If so, the market is much better now, but you're still looking at new timeframes with a new contract, etc. The new buyer will still want to do an inspection etal.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information