Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What the 'Hawks fans are saying...

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Default What the 'Hawks fans are saying...

I took a venture over to the Seahawks message boards.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.ph...259f8a1ad9b036

The emotion of this game went from nervous doubt, to supreme confidence, to lingering doubt, to outright fear, to elation of near certain victory (Chancellor pick), to horror, to victorious triumph.

Peyton Manning very nearly brought his team back to victory in one of the guttiest performances of his career, and yet as quickly as the Broncos roared back into the game, Wilson and Lynch slammed that door shut. For as heroic as Manning was, he'll probably not sleep a wink tonight while muttering to himself "tails never fails."

And this happened between the best two teams in the NFL! It was only the sixth time ever that a SB duo met again the next season. And it was also the best game of the weekend.

Now that's going into the bye with style. Now all we have to do is wonder if Arizona can voodoo their way to 16-0.

I have to take my hat off to the Broncos. They had the right kind of gameplan for this game. They sold out to defend the short play, and they played physical. No fake-tough-guy dirty play in this one. Denver wants to be a legitimate tough team, and they showed that they've made real strides towards being a tough team in this game. They willingly let this game turn into a fistfight, and they damn near won it anyway. In our house. That's impressive.

John Fox probably had the worst performance of his career in XLVIII, but he had a good gameplan for Denver this time and his (or Adam Gase's) route running bag of tricks on the final drive of regulation was the work of an evil genius.

Some other replies sound a whole lot like what we're always saying: "Shoulda never been that close"

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.ph...259f8a1ad9b036

This is what happens when you play not to lose.

Denver was supposedly the team coming in playing not to get blown out. I know I felt pretty good about going into halftime at 17-3, thinking if we stopped the Broncos on their first two drives we'd at least net a FG and hopefully a TD, and it would be over.

Instead, we run a distustingly simple and obvioius run, run, pass, punt play call sequence the entire 2nd half. I honestly don't get it. Pete preaches you can't win the game in the 1st half, yet we sure as hell looked like we thought we won that game at halftime, at least on offense.

Crap happens you can't predict, which is why you need to be up by three scores before you start going ultra conservative.

Haushka missed a FG. It happens, no one is 100%.

Wilson gets sacked at the goal line. People get pissed that he's called a game manager, but the elite QBs have pocket prescence and field awareness to know where you're at and get rid of the ball faster in that situation. Manning NEVER takes that sack. Ever. I'm not mad as Wilson will learn from it and keep rolling, but it's a coachable moment for him.

Harvin runs a ball out he never should've, and gets dropped at the 9 yard line. Seriously, I know he's elite, but you barely catch the ball, and tip toe to stay in bounds barely make it out of the end zone. Take a knee man.

If we needed any proof they were playingstupid football, look at our drive in OT. We knew we needed to win, so we go with a great mix of run/pass and get what we need: 7-10 yards per pass and high percentage passes, mixed with inside zone runs when the defense isn't obviously ready for it. Gee, TD and we win. Why couldn't we do that the entire 2nd half ?

I felt bad about this game after the INT, when we went run, run, run, run, FG. I knew something bad was going to happen to us. I'm glad we won, but I really hope the coaches self evaluate and not make this mistake again. Championship football is crushing teams when we get the chance.
    hehe

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Life looks different on the other side of the looking glass.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It's hard for me to believe they used to be a divisional opponent that Denver used to smack around regularly, and now we can't beat em. Many good beatdowns they threw on Seattle in the old Kingdome.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I really needed the Seahawks fans approval that we had a good game.

But in all seriousness, the things we complain about our coaches not addressing, those guys were whining about the same thing. We're not so different after all.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I really needed the Seahawks fans approval that we had a good game.

But in all seriousness, the things we complain about our coaches not addressing, those guys were whining about the same thing. We're not so different after all.

Yeeeeeeep.

Check out this gem:
    Manning also benefits from offensive holding and pick plays.
    Unbelievable. Their secondary gets away with several pass interference calls, and that's what they say?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I will also add that things that get said here are NOWHERE as bad as it is over at crap planet. Those guys literally wish death upon their own players, etc. Now THAT is embarrassing.

Well, if you were a Seahawks fan would you be happy about the defensive performance that allowed the Broncos to score 2 game tying touchdowns plus a 2 point conversion in the 4th quarter, and allow Denver to march the length of the field without any timeouts and make consistent plays on them?

Would you be any more happy about Percy Harvin's stupid decision to run it out to the 9 setting up the safety in the end-zone? Seattle made some stupid plays too. They were lucky that Denver's defense came out and tanked by playing conservatively in overtime.

13. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Well, if you were a Seahawks fan would you be happy about the defensive performance that allowed the Broncos to score 2 game tying touchdowns plus a 2 point conversion in the 4th quarter, and allow Denver to march the length of the field without any timeouts and make consistent plays on them?

Would you be any more happy about Percy Harvin's stupid decision to run it out to the 9 setting up the safety in the end-zone? Seattle made some stupid plays too. They were lucky that Denver's defense came out and tanked by playing conservatively in overtime.
    I don't know man, I think the Broncos broke the Seahawks designed plays down a couple of times in overtime, but Russell Wilson just made a few great plays on those occasions.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

this. ^

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    this. ^
    that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Does anyone agree with the statements by Carroll and Thomas that SEA dominated the entire game except the last minute of regulation? These guys don't know how to win graciously, do they?

Anyway, DEN made their task easier because we have a shitty rushing attack, plain and simple. Unless we can correct this deficiency, that will be the team's downfall this season.

Any hope selling the farm to acquire Adrian Peterson? At least he could make defenses respect the run game. -sarcasm-

20. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

couldn't care less what seahawks fans have to say... most were Ravens fans a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Does anyone agree with the statements by Carroll and Thomas that SEA dominated the entire game except the last minute of regulation? These guys don't know how to win graciously, do they?

Anyway, DEN made their task easier because we have a shitty rushing attack, plain and simple. Unless we can correct this deficiency, that will be the team's downfall this season.

Any hope selling the farm to acquire Adrian Peterson? At least he could make defenses respect the run game. -sarcasm-
    Don't get me started on Pete....those guys are so arrogant. How can they say they dominated anybody when their offense only scored 1 more point than our defense in the second half???

What a load of crap.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information