Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What the 'Hawks fans are saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Does anyone agree with the statements by Carroll and Thomas that SEA dominated the entire game except the last minute of regulation? These guys don't know how to win graciously, do they?
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."—Vince Lombardi. Another quote I can't source has it that an assistant told him some of the Cowboys had frostbite after the Ice Bowl, prompting the response "Losers get frostbite." They named the SB trophy after him anyway. The ONLY way to shut up strutting thugs like the Seahawks is to make them choke on their own broken teeth: Period.

Anyway, DEN made their task easier because we have a shitty rushing attack, plain and simple. Unless we can correct this deficiency, that will be the team's downfall this season.
    Preaching to the choir; I hope it's as simple as always-fragile line chemistry disrupted by Clady and Ramirez having an unfamiliar partner between them, Franklin having different guys on BOTH sides at a spot he hasn't played since college, Vasquez having new company on his right and Clark swapping to a side where his strength can't overpower 280 lb. RDEs as it did 250 lb. LDEs. Maybe after three games together plus a bye to settle down, practice without pressure, watch film, get coached and learn each others strengths/weaknesses, it'll get better. I must hope so; what choice is there...?

Any hope selling the farm to acquire Adrian Peterson? At least he could make defenses respect the run game. -sarcasm-
    This is my Madden fantasy; other than guard, RB is our only true weakness, but it's a glaring one that let's defensive linemen pin their ears back and tee off on Manning EVERY down while all the LBs drop into a 7 man coverage that leaves a SS playing robber for Chancellors Ints Sunday and in the SB instead of coming up to stuff the run like we love Ward doing. I just don't know how plausible or practical it is in the non-Madden real world where we don't have tons of cap space as it is, and do have multiple Pro Bowlers in their final rookie contract year.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

This is funny. It's as if they still think they're a vastly superior team because of what happened in February.
    In Elway We Trust

3. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information