Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109
Results 1,621 to 1,629 of 1629

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Seahawks 09/21/14

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Of course losing to New England doesn't mean anything, because then you'd have turn around and give the Broncos credit for coming back and beating them in the AFC Championship game. And we know you won't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Of course losing to New England doesn't mean anything, because then you'd have turn around and give the Broncos credit for coming back and beating them in the AFC Championship game. And we know you won't do that.
    Beating NE in the AFCCG means tons; losing to NE means about as much as Baltimores 34-17 loss to us in 2012.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I'd put a lot more faith in 12-4 or even 11-5 with this schedule than in 13-3 against the last two seasons. Again, if people are going to go around saying KC's not a "real" 11-5 team because their 11 wins were against losers must acknowedge our 13-3 record was against THOSE SAME LOSERS plus KC. That schedule might've been tough, soft or in between, but wasn't inexplicably tough for us yet soft for KC. They lost to SD twice and Indy; we lost to SD, Indy and NE: Other than head-to-head, that's LITERALLY the SOLE difference. And if KC was crap, head-to-head's as worthless as the rest of the schedule.

Yet homers insist the SAME number of wins against the SAME teams prove one team great and another awful; talk about moving the goalposts!
    Except we blew out most of those losers, and KC barely beat them with the help of some extremely lucky bounces and a running back accounting for ~33% of their offense. Entirely different situation.

KC is a below average team and they're already on track to proving that this season.

4. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Except we blew out most of those losers, and KC barely beat them with the help of some extremely lucky bounces and a running back accounting for ~33% of their offense. Entirely different situation.
    A win's a win; no one's asking Seattle how much they beat us by Sunday. The Chiefs aren't built to blow people out anyway; ground-and-pound offense complemented by Tenacious D wins lots of games, but they're more often the 10-7 than 73-0 variety, because ball control offense doesn't lend itself to fast drives or lots of them. So Charles is 33% of their offense; what percentage of ours is Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    KC is a below average team and they're already on track to proving that this season.
    They're a team already decimated by injuries by Week 2 that added several more big ones against us. They're also the best team we beat last regular season, so if they suck....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    A win's a win; no one's asking Seattle how much they beat us by Sunday.
    So then you shouldn't have any complaints about our two wins this season, right?

Also, I bet a lot of people are asking the Seahawks why they couldn't close the door on us and win in regulation. Those people are probably on Seahawks forums.

7. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    So then you shouldn't have any complaints about our two wins this season, right?

Also, I bet a lot of people are asking the Seahawks why they couldn't close the door on us and win in regulation. Those people are probably on Seahawks forums.

Andy Benoit has a new article up at MMQB about the injury toll on every team so far this season (he ranks every team - with the Chargers being the most damaged by injury - but lists the Broncos, Pats and Browns as having "no significant injuries". I guess Trevathan doesn't count?)

Anyway, he also has a few quick points in the rest of the article, one a look at the film from the Seahawks game and how the Broncos attacked Seattle's Cover 3:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	5656

Makes you wonder why we didn't do this more during the rest of the game, right?

The rest, if you're interested: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/24/nfl-injuries/

10. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Andy Benoit has a new article up at MMQB about the injury toll on every team so far this season (he ranks every team - with the Chargers being the most damaged by injury - but lists the Broncos, Pats and Browns as having "no significant injuries". I guess Trevathan doesn't count?)

Anyway, he also has a few quick points in the rest of the article, one a look at the film from the Seahawks game and how the Broncos attacked Seattle's Cover 3:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	5656

Makes you wonder why we didn't do this more during the rest of the game, right?

The rest, if you're interested: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/24/nfl-injuries/
    Trevathan's injury is significant but he is coming back maybe that's why Benoit is saying Denver doesn't have any significant injuries. Woodhead on the other is done for the year if I'm not mistaken.

As far as attacking the Seahawks cover 3 I heard the reason Denver stayed away from it was counteract Seattle's pass rush which still hit Manning eight time and one sack (I think). Then again in hindsight maybe they should have done it sooner.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 09-25-2014 at 11:23 AM.

12. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Trevathan's injury is significant but he is coming back maybe that's why Benoit is saying Denver doesn't have any significant injuries. Woodhead on the other is done for the year if I'm not mistaken.

As far as attacking the Seahawks cover 3 I heard the reason Denver stayed away from it was counteract Seattle's pass rush which still hit Manning eight time and one sack (I think). Then again in hindsight maybe they should have done it sooner.
    I agree about Trevathan; I just figure if you're going to rank all the injured teams, we should at least be acknowledged for that.

As for the Seattle game, it goes back to the argument of whether we were too conservative against that team, whether because we were "playing scared" or whatever. I liked the game plan that we came in with, but it wasn't working after a while and we were behind 17-3. I would have liked to see them open it up in the second half but they really only came out firing on the last couple of drives.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information