Thread: Three Random Thoughts on the Broncos

1. Default Three Random Thoughts on the Broncos

By Brandon Spano

Just a few random thoughts that I may or may not have talked about on my show over the last few days.

THE PHIL SIMMS PETITION

Why is this even a subject? I thought we were a football town, people? I will explain this for you. Phil Simms is on the CBS number one broadcast team; meaning that he covers the top AFC game every week. The Denver Broncos are the AFC’s best team. So naturally, Phil Simms will be assigned the Denver Broncos very often on Sunday for CBS.

It is the job of the commentator to keep the fans interested in the game. Last week, Chiefs vs. Broncos was televised in over 30 states! So as you were happily watching the game in your Broncos jersey, hoping for a blowout, the rest of the country just wanted a good game. Phil Simms is not going to talk up the AFC Champs as they are pushing around the shallow Kansas City Chiefs roster and when the Chiefs started gaining traction, it was even better for the broadcast. America was rooting for the Chiefs and Simms was internally rooting for a close game with high ratings. That’s what happens when you are the champs, folks!

READ THE NEXT TWO RANDOM THOUGHTS HERE
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

2. The Following User High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

good point. If we were ever to plummet to the cellar of the NFL, we will rarely have to worry about getting phil simms. We will be getting the JV team of broadcasters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

FYI. Broncos have won 10 straight with Nantz-Simms in the booth. You wanna mess with that mojo?

5. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Well Mr. Spano, is it too much to expect him to not sound so biased that he feels the need to make comments like, "I don't want to sound like I'm rooting for the Chiefs..."?

Well Mr. Simms, you did sound like you were rooting for the Chiefs. I don't need this condescending bull crap. I've heard Simms call Bronco games for over 15 years and he has never annoyed me like he did this weekend.

Get off your pedestal Spano.

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well Mr. Spano, is it too much to expect him to not sound so biased that he feels the need to make comments like, "I don't want to sound like I'm rooting for the Chiefs..."?

Well Mr. Simms, you did sound like you were rooting for the Chiefs. I don't need this condescending bull crap. I've heard Simms call Bronco games for over 15 years and he has never annoyed me like he did this weekend.

Get off your pedestal Spano.
    Stepping down now, sir.
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

9. The Following User High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    good point. If we were ever to plummet to the cellar of the NFL, we will rarely have to worry about getting phil simms. We will be getting the JV team of broadcasters.
    Yep. Go ahead and drop a few in a row and you won't have to worry about Phil Simms. Let the opposing team go up by a few scores and they may even start slanting the TV coverage towards the Broncos!

11. The Following User High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

I completely agree with your point about being mad about close wins. It's way too early for the pitchforks.

I'm over the whole Phil Simms thing. I think he's a boob but this petition thing is stupid.

I still don't see a physical team out there. This weekend will tell us a lot. I think John Fox should pipe in Vulgar Display of Power by Pantera in the visitors dressing room before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I completely agree with your point about being mad about close wins. It's way too early for the pitchforks.

I'm over the whole Phil Simms thing. I think he's a boob but this petition thing is stupid.

I still don't see a physical team out there. This weekend will tell us a lot. I think John Fox should pipe in Vulgar Display of Power by Pantera in the visitors dressing room before the game.
    I agree, I think he's been a boob, but I didn't advocate the petition, nor did I sign it. I just expressed me displeasure in how annoying he was. He was actually my favorite for years.

I think John Fox should pipe in Vulgar Display of Power by Pantera in the visitors dressing room before the game.

I like boobs. And Pantera.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information