Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coach Fox Monday 9-15-14

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Coach Fox Monday 9-15-14

Fox on film review, message to team
    Part one of Head Coach John Fox's Monday press conference.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...5-bf8eae222fb7

Fox on heading to Seattle
    Part two of Head Coach John Fox's Monday press conference.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...4-2188adb7bd6f

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not too shabby.
    Makes me wonder about his definition of Shabby. He's got a first ballot HoFer under center, likely another one rushing the passer opposite a guy who was DRoY 3 years ago, all surrounded by a ton of Pro Bowlers even before bringing in MORE. What constitutes "shabby" with THAT much elite talent on BOTH sides of the ball; how low is Fox setting the bar? Better question: WHY'S he setting it low with THAT kind of talent?! This isn't the SECAA; the goal's not to win 8 games by beating up on Rice and reach ONE postseason game we don't even CARE if we win. Championship or bust.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Funny.. I thought Fox just won Playoff games, and went to the SUper Bowl in the last 3 years. Didn't Dungy have Manning for..10 years? How many playoff games did Dungy win? Hmmm... how long did it take him to go to that Super Bowl? Seems Fox is doing a pretty damned good job.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Funny.. I thought Fox just won Playoff games, and went to the SUper Bowl in the last 3 years. Didn't Dungy have Manning for..10 years? How many playoff games did Dungy win? Hmmm... how long did it take him to go to that Super Bowl? Seems Fox is doing a pretty damned good job.
    Two division titles, one appearance in the SB, yeah, that's not too bad.

6. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Is our D as awful as Indys was? If so, that's on the defensive guru who's head coach, just as for Dungys Colts: Neither coach gets any credit for staying out of the way of Mannings talent, skill and genius; a potato could do THAT. Had Irsay handed Dungy a first ballot HoFer, a DRoY and signed a bunch of Pro Bowl FAs 2 years running, I bet Dungy would've improved Indys D: Has Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Two division titles, one appearance in the SB, yeah, that's not too bad.
    Three division titles, actually, but the first one only counts for Foxs resume, no one elses.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Joel - just curious. Have you ever participated in an organized sport or coached?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Joel - just curious. Have you ever participated in an organized sport or coached?
    Just participated on my middle school baseball team; this is one of Ravs favorite attack lines. What can I say: I started school half a year early, then skipped fourth grade; most coaches had no use for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Just participated on my middle school baseball team; this is one of Ravs favorite attack lines. What can I say: I started school half a year early, then skipped fourth grade; most coaches had no use for me.
    Neither do most Message Boards. Bazinga!

JK

Kinda

Not really.

JK

Maybe
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Not that I really care, but I swear you'd be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't come off as the one person that understands the game better than anyone. I'm sure you're a smart guy, but numbers on a sheet of paper rarely tell the story in sports.

Of course, getting better at the Reader's Digest philosophy would help to.

Default I just do't believe in Denverite Exceptionalism

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Not that I really care, but I swear you'd be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't come off as the one person that understands the game better than anyone. I'm sure you're a smart guy, but numbers on a sheet of paper rarely tell the story in sports.

Of course, getting better at the Reader's Digest philosophy would help to.
    There's more to it than just the stat line, but contrary to what some claim, I really do watch the games. It's usually just ours these days, because our newborn's just one more reason not to stay up till 3AM (later for night games) watching teams in which I have only a casual interest (or none.) I wouldn't presume to write a primer on HOW Fox and the other coaches should discipline and focus our team, but could fill a library with firsthand experience on lack of discipline; it's not hard to spot, and it ain't like I'm the only one seeing it and saying so.

I'm not trying to "educate" anyone, but admit frustration when people ignore many things they and EVERYONE knows well, just because that common knowledge is inconvenient for the home team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

There's more to it than just the stat line, but contrary to what some claim, I really do watch the games. It's usually just ours these days, because our newborn's just one more reason not to stay up till 3AM (later for night games) watching teams in which I have only a casual interest (or none.) I wouldn't presume to write a primer on HOW Fox and the other coaches should discipline and focus our team, but could fill a library with firsthand experience on lack of discipline; it's not hard to spot, and it ain't like I'm the only one seeing it and saying so. I'm not trying to "educate" anyone, but admit frustration when people ignore many things they and EVERYONE knows well, just because that common knowledge is inconvenient for the home team.
    What about all of the things YOU ignore that lead to the eventual irrelevance of your posts?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Default I ignore nothing; that's the main reason my posts run long

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    What about all of the things YOU ignore that lead to the eventual irrelevance of your posts?
    No one's perfect, so I sometimes MISS things everyone's welcome and encouraged to point out, but just because I don't BUY the party line on everything doesn't mean I'm unaware of or forgot it.

16. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

There's more to it than just the stat line, but contrary to what some claim, I really do watch the games. It's usually just ours these days, because our newborn's just one more reason not to stay up till 3AM (later for night games) watching teams in which I have only a casual interest (or none.) I wouldn't presume to write a primer on HOW Fox and the other coaches should discipline and focus our team, but could fill a library with firsthand experience on lack of discipline; it's not hard to spot, and it ain't like I'm the only one seeing it and saying so.

I'm not trying to "educate" anyone, but admit frustration when people ignore many things they and EVERYONE knows well, just because that common knowledge is inconvenient for the home team.
    Unfortunately, you ignored my Reader's Digest comment.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information