Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The good and the bad: Week 2

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default The good and the bad: Week 2

I thought this was a fun thread last week and would be cool to do after every game. Here are my thoughts on the good and bad:

Good:

Emmanuel Sanders. He just continues to make play after play. I wish we would utilize him deep more because he is is just killing teams when we do it.

JT. Manning chewing him out nonwithstanding, another very solid effort by him.

CJ Anderson. I continue to be impressed with him. He just hits the hole fast and doesn't dance around at all. I think he is a starting caliber player in this league.

TJ Ward. Guy is a playmaker. Is always near the ball and in on tackles.

Ware. Got some good pressures on Smith and made what should have been the game-sealing play.

Manning. Not much to say here. Typical great play by him.

DT. Nice rebound game after a bad week 1.

Bad:

Phil Simms. He did everything but go down on the field, get down on a knee, and ask the Chiefs to marry him.

Clark. Terrible, terrible, terrible game. Penalties, missed blocks, you name it. Probably the LVP tonight.

Run blocking. Really poor effort there this week. Our backs had pretty much zero holes to work with.

Bubba. Another lackluster performance by him. It's time to move Latimer ahead of him IMO.

Third down defense. Historically terrible tonight.

Coaching. Thought Fox botched the end of both halves and we stubbornly stuck with three man rushes on 3rd and long despite it not working.

Discipline. A bunch of stupid, undisciplined plays by us tonight. Offsides, delay of games, personal fouls. We really lost our composure at times.

Phil Simms. Because bashing that moron once is just not enough. God I hate him.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but that's what sticks out in my mind.

2. The Following 11 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

The 3rd down D was terrifying. Like Charles Barkeley turrifying. And we got outcoached badly. Reid took it to the last minute while missing Charles and like 4 more of their best players. In Denver. His game plan was simple but effective, but obviously not simple enough for our coaching staff to figure out. The offsides calls were stupefying.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

The good: The Broncos won.
    The bad: Pretty much everything else.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Coaching is terrible IMO.

Fox runs a far too conservative GamePlan on both sides of the ball. He coaches like he's still in Carolina winning with defense, and we don't have near the defense he had in Carolina. In my humble opinion he does not know how to manage the game with the type of team he has.

I am not impressed with Gase's playcalling and offensive gameplan at all. Not at all.

I am wondering if Del Rio does not either know what he has yet or is not confident. He calls to hope the offense makes a mistake. It is not an attacking type of defense at all. Or maybe that's just how he wants to call, which is a mistake IMHO with the type of defensive players we have. Rushing 3 on 3rd and long? C'mon...

The most concerning thing of all IMHO is both games we have been badly outcoached on halftime adjustments. Like we didn't even make any. I think Gase can improve individually and also Del Rio when he gets more comfortable with his players and maybe that can help Fox be more aggressive, but good god we cannot continue to go to halftime and just not make any kind of adjustments. That is just terrible. What the hell are they doing at halftime?

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Bad: Announcer's. Not just in the Denver game. In the game before there were these 2 moron announcer debating that it was a touchdown because the guy was inside the pylon. While also stating that he never got the 2nd foot down (It was clear that his 2nd foot landed 2 feet out of bounds). Yet these morons were saying the touchdown would stand because the ball was across the pylon. Earth to whomever was working that game, It's not a catch if you don't put your 2nd foot down in bounds, no matter where the football is. They seriously said this like 7-8 times: "I know he did not get his 2nd foot down but it should stand as a touchdown because he got the ball across the pylon."

And yes Phil Simms was sucking the chief's crotch all night.

I thought Fox had a horrible game. Not calling timeouts at the end was stupid. If they tie it there and we just let them waste the entire game while in a goal line situation with Manning as the QB.... Just terrible. If we had lost that game in OT I'd be all over Fox for that.

Good: At least we won.

10. The Following User High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Good: Denver is 2-0.

Bad: The coaches and play calling are stifling the talent on this team. Unless they're "not showing their hand" before the SEA game, this team sucks considering who is on the roster.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Come on guys. 2-0 is not too shabby.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

Rushing 3 on 3rd and long? C'mon...
    If we have to drop eight into coverage and still get burnt by the Grade D offensive players we faced today, our D is in trouble.

16. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Good: Denver is 2-0.

Bad: The coaches and play calling are stifling the talent on this team. Unless they're "not showing their hand" before the SEA game, this team sucks considering who is on the roster.
    Completely agree with this. We just have way too much talent to be playing the way we are. It has to be coaching. Luckily we are winning in spite of it, but I don't know how long that will hold up.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Completely agree with this. We just have way too much talent to be playing the way we are. It has to be coaching. Luckily we are winning in spite of it, but I don't know how long that will hold up.
    I don't see the coaching philosophy or play calling changing, so I would guess that Seattle works Denver over again next weekend.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

20. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

Fox runs a far too conservative GamePlan on both sides of the ball. He coaches like he's still in Carolina winning with defense, and we don't have near the defense he had in Carolina. In my humble opinion he does not know how to manage the game with the type of team he has.

I am not impressed with Gase's playcalling and offensive gameplan at all. Not at all.

I am wondering if Del Rio does not either know what he has yet or is not confident. He calls to hope the offense makes a mistake. It is not an attacking type of defense at all. Or maybe that's just how he wants to call, which is a mistake IMHO with the type of defensive players we have. Rushing 3 on 3rd and long? C'mon...

The most concerning thing of all IMHO is both games we have been badly outcoached on halftime adjustments. Like we didn't even make any. I think Gase can improve individually and also Del Rio when he gets more comfortable with his players and maybe that can help Fox be more aggressive, but good god we cannot continue to go to halftime and just not make any kind of adjustments. That is just terrible. What the hell are they doing at halftime?
    This pretty much sums it up, especially about Del Rio. Not enough pressure when it counts, not playing to our strength in coverage

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Serious question on d rotating these guys in and out.. How much affect does it have on our guys. I remember especially doom how he would set his guy up for third down

The defensive play calling and excution , something needs to change STAT

The offensive. Be less predictable play action, Screens, draws. Those were money. We need to be able to line up and dominate. Seems the staff is trying to stick with he run. Needs improvement.

Peyton good game.

I think this offense needs welker

Anderson needs to be able to get more carries. Liked how the coclaching used him.

The chiefs moved the pocket around. Were gonna see it next week. Better improve in this area.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Good: 2-0 heading into Seattle. Manning looks as good as he has ever been--amazing. No picks. Great lanes and time to throw. Excellent production from the receiving TE and Sanders. Bey bey with a nice game. Hungry running from the RBs. Secondary looks great. 2-0 against two 2013 playoff teams is great.

Bad: too many questions about the coaching and execution. And line play. Where's the pressure? Why is this loaded defense looking mediocre and giving up so many low-conversion rate plays? Why are the Broncos not pulling away and slamming the door on teams? Why don't I feel confident about this team? Why am I asking myself if this team is for real this year, or just not quite gelling?

I know 2-0 is 2-0, and the scoreboard don't lie, but neither do my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don't think Fox has any control over the offensive gameplan whatsoever, minimal.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don't think Fox has any control over the offensive gameplan whatsoever, minimal.
    Im sure its minimal but I doubt they'd do install if he didn't like it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information