Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports: Adrian Peterson indicted

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Wow thats crazy shutting down a message board over this. The owner of the board got fed up with members acting like douchebags.
    Good thing Tned has more patience because if not this board would have been shut down forever ago.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Brewer 'not yet satisfied' by response

Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of the official beer of the NFL, issued a strong statement expressing its displeasure over how the league has responded to its players being connected to incidents of domestic violence and child abuse.

"We are disappointed and increasingly concerned by the recent incidents that have overshadowed this NFL season," a representative for Anheuser-Busch said in a statement. "We are not yet satisfied with the league's handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code. We have shared our concerns and expectations with the league."

McDonald's, Visa and Campbell Soup Co. say they have also voiced similar concerns to the league.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...player-conduct

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Interesting. What percentage of acts of domestic violence have been committed under the influence of alcohol?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Interesting. What percentage of acts of domestic violence have been committed under the influence of alcohol?
    In the article I posted, many of the sponsors have let the NFL know of their displeasure with the situation.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    In the article I posted, many of the sponsors have let the NFL know of their displeasure with the situation.
    True, but I'm just noting the appearance of hypocrisy of one of those companies. If they really don't want their company to be associated with domestic violence, then maybe they should stop making a product that's a factor in most of these incidences.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well, i guess the good news is the NFL will have no choice but to start taking these issues much more seriously than previously.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

It's clear the NFL has an 'off-field behaviour' problem on it's hands. However, I feel it doesn't have anything to do with the sport, and more to do with the backgrounds a fair amount of players come from. 'Supervisors' and 'campaigns' won't do anything to fix the situation.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Apollo For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    True, but I'm just noting the appearance of hypocrisy of one of those companies. If they really don't want their company to be associated with domestic violence, then maybe they should stop making a product that's a factor in most of these incidences.
    I've heard child abuse went to zero during prohibition.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    It's clear the NFL has an 'off-field behaviour' problem on it's hands. However, I feel it doesn't have anything to do with the sport, and more to do with the backgrounds a fair amount of players come from. 'Supervisors' and 'campaigns' won't do anything to fix the situation.
    There's actually statistics floating around that the NFL is lower than the general population in regards to domestic abuse cases.

So I don't really think the NFL has an off-field behavior problem. The problem is in their apparent lack of punishment for such things, particularly when it comes to domestic abuse.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Vikes suspend Peterson. Until case resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

What is the Exempt Commissioners Permission list? The vikings did the right thing putting him on it, whatever it is. Spanking a child is more of a polarizing issue than even tim tebow. Seeing the sides that people take on the issue, and with such fervor, is interesting.
    http://news.yahoo.com/vikings-bring-...ml?clear=cache

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Child ABUSE - and that's what this - is unacceptable, sick and wrong. Beating your child with anything is not discipline, including your own hand.

What's been amazing to me is the number of sick ****s out there in the last few days that argue otherwise.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

What's been amazing to me is the number of sick ****s out there in the last few days that argue otherwise.
    That's right mother ******. Bring it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Now now girls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The ones who are really suffering through all of this are the fantasy football owners such as myself who have Peterson in keeper leagues. That's the real tragedy in all of this.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information