Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Reports: Adrian Peterson indicted

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Child abuse is a criminal charge. He abused 2 children. If you don't see that as abuse, I'm sorry. Many feel differently.
    If what he did is child abuse, then we need to build 10,000 more prisons. For all of our fathers and grandfathers who have belted or switched their kids, and for the next several generations of punks whose only discipline will be a wagging finger. I expect you to turn in your parents and grandparents first.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Good thing Tned has more patience because if not this board would have been shut down forever ago.
    I think about that once in a while and feel real shame.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    If what he did is child abuse, then we need to build 10,000 more prisons. For all of our fathers and grandfathers who have belted or switched their kids, and for the next several generations of punks whose only discipline will be a wagging finger. I expect you to turn in your parents and grandparents first.
    My parents didn't hit me with switches, my grandparent's didn't hit my parents with switches.

5. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

To say that the only way to discipline a child is with a switch or a belt, that's very unfortunate parenting. I'm sorry you chose violence instead of a spanking, instead of other means. I especially feel sorry for your kids that they had to be switched or belted in order to be disciplined. All that tells me is that you have anger issues that you should seek help with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

To say that the only way to discipline a child is with a switch or a belt, that's very unfortunate parenting. I'm sorry you chose violence instead of a spanking, instead of other means. I especially feel sorry for your kids that they had to be switched or belted in order to be disciplined. All that tells me is that you have anger issues that you should seek help with.
    Never belted or switched my kids. But let's get to building those prisons.

My grandpa used a switch. He used it out of anger. I can attest that is an effective means of stopping bad behavior at the moment and again in the future. My parents used belts and paddles, not out of anger. My school used a paddle. Also effective. I don't think that a belt or paddle makes the act abusive. At some point your child gets too big for a hand to get the point across. It is all about intention. I hate having to spank my daughter. I do not want her to associate me with pain in any way, shape, or form. There are other methods that we use for discipline and mostly they work. But not always. If a spanking is called for, I do it, but we always talk about it after. Spanking can be abusive, but not all who do are abusive parents or have anger problems.

I was listening to a pastor teach one time and he was talking about spanking. He said that spanking had lost it's effectiveness, so once he decided a different tactic. He gave the child the belt and said you spank me for what you did. The child devolved into tears and couldn't do it. He said it was an effective means of getting a couple of different points across (which I won't go into here). I might could get away with that with my sweet, caring daughter....but I don't know if I would tempt some other kids.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Never belted or switched my kids. But let's get to building those prisons.
    Then this is just more of your saying outlandish things to incite a reaction. Got it.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Then this is just more of your saying outlandish things to incite a reaction. Got it.
    The only thing outlandish is the Vikings not allowing AP to play. And the gross over reactions in this thread.

Or the under reaction.

You say tomato, I say tomoto.

Opinions...everyone has one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Mike, I would spank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Oh my.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I can't believe anyone is actually defending the act of beating a 4 year old with a stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

18. The Following 9 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I am going to ask a question, it is a genuine question, i am not being argumentative or confrontational, i am however curious.

Mr Atwater - why did you chose not to use a switch on your children and what would they have needed to do, before you would have, and what did you use instead?

My parents didn't hit me with switches, my grandparent's didn't hit my parents with switches.
    you always struck me as someone that needed an asswhipping

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    I am going to ask a question, it is a genuine question, i am not being argumentative or confrontational, i am however curious.

Mr Atwater - why did you chose not to use a switch on your children and what would they have needed to do, before you would have, and what did you use instead?
    holy crap Dave A. troll much?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information