Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chris Davis banned 25 games

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Chris Davis banned 25 games

Baltimore Orioles first baseman Chris Davis has been suspended without pay for 25 games by Major League Baseball after testing positive for an amphetamine, in violation of baseball's joint drug prevention and treatment program.

The suspension is effective immediately. The 25 games shall include all regular-season games and postseason games for which Davis would have been eligible. The Orioles lead the American League East by 10 games.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...d-25-games-mlb

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Those cheating Birds!

Your comment made me check the standings. The Red Sox blow, WTE. Baltimore has a 10 game lead. Wow!

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Now who will hit under the mendoza line for them?

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Actually, Davis has ADD and has a prescription for Adderal. Based on that, he gets an exemption to use it...but for some reason, MLB didnt approve his exemption application this year, so he technically got busted for amphetamine use.

On the other hand...he's hitting .196 this year, so I guess not all drugs will enhance performance.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Now who will hit under the mendoza line for them?
    Kelly Johnson time

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Your comment made me check the standings. The Red Sox blow, WTE. Baltimore has a 10 game lead. Wow!
    One year they are cellar dwellers, next year they are World Champs, then cellar dwellers again.

So next yr World Champs again!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    One year they are cellar dwellers, next year they are World Champs, then cellar dwellers again.

So next yr World Champs again!
    Depends on how much talent they buy this off-season. Craig, Cespedes and Kelly were decent trade pick-ups, but the rotation needs help.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Actually, Davis has ADD and has a prescription for Adderal. Based on that, he gets an exemption to use it...but for some reason, MLB didnt approve his exemption application this year, so he technically got busted for amphetamine use.

On the other hand...he's hitting .196 this year, so I guess not all drugs will enhance performance.
    In other news, the Rox just put Michael Cuddyer on wavers. #GoGetHimOrioles #NoNotReally_TheRoxWouldntDoSomethingSmartLikeThat
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    In other news, the Rox just put Michael Cuddyer on wavers. #GoGetHimOrioles #NoNotReally_TheRoxWouldntDoSomethingSmartLikeThat
    Wouldnt matter much. Anyone added now isnt eligible for the post-season roster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thats a big loss regardless of his play this year. You never know if he would show up in crunch in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Depends on how much talent they buy this off-season. Craig, Cespedes and Kelly were decent trade pick-ups, but the rotation needs help.
    Craig has been absolutely awful in Boston and strikes out every other AB. Joe Kelly is the complete definition of an avg pitcher who does not have a "go-to" pitch and often fails in critical situations.

I am not happy at all with what Boston got in return for John Lackey who is under contract for just $500,000 next year.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Craig has been absolutely awful in Boston and strikes out every other AB. Joe Kelly is the complete definition of an avg pitcher who does not have a "go-to" pitch and often fails in critical situations.

I am not happy at all with what Boston got in return for John Lackey who is under contract for just $500,000 next year.
    That's why I used the word "decent". Kelly is still young, too.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Thats a big loss regardless of his play this year. You never know if he would show up in crunch in the playoffs.
    Yes and no. It's always nice to have that big bat in the lineup that can go deep at any time...but...playoffs is all about pitching. That being said, Kelly Johnson's OPS this year isnt much lower than Davis'. Where I would immediately see a concern is with 3B defense. However...our playoff competition doesnt exactly have great gloves at the hot corner either (Castellanos, Moustakas, Donaldson), so...maybe its a wash.

We've already survived the losses of Weiters and Machado (gold glovers)...I think we'll make it alright without Davis.

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Davis released a statement of apology through the players' association Friday morning.

"I apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Orioles organization and especially the fans,'' he said. "I made a mistake by taking Adderall. I had permission to use it in the past, but do not have a therapeutic use exemption this year. I accept my punishment and will begin serving my suspension immediately."
    full article - http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...d-25-games-mlb

If he had permission to use it in the past, it does not make sense that the MLB would not keep giving him permission to use it. Did he not seek permission for the 2014 season?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information