Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: jake Plummer: Overrated

I liked Plummer

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

He was the sole reason we made it to a AFCCG. Sole reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Jake Plummer is overrated and hated all of you.
    Excellent thread, no question about it. It needed saying
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

39-15

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I guessed people liked missing the playoffs 5 straight seasons?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Who said that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Who said that?
    Well most of these people who think plummer sucked thought Cutler way better, yet plummer always had us in the playoffs while Cutler never did. People act like we won completely in spite of plummer. I really don't get it.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Thats just silly. The Chiefs went to the playoffs 7 of 10 years with the likes of Steve Deberge, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac in the starting lineup. YOu want to tell me just how good they were, too?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

12. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Thats just silly. The Chiefs went to the playoffs 7 of 10 years with the likes of Steve Deberge, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac in the starting lineup. YOu want to tell me just how good they were, too?
    I'm not saying he was a hall of famer or anything, but some people act like he was Tebow level bad. It's really really hard to go 39-15 at the nfl level with poor qb play unless you have a stacked defense which we definitely didn't have at that time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well most of these people who think plummer sucked thought Cutler way better, yet plummer always had us in the playoffs while Cutler never did. People act like we won completely in spite of plummer. I really don't get it.
    Well, i think talent wise Cutler is better than Plummer but the mentality of both is vastly different. If you took Plummer's fire and heart and put it in Jay you would have one hell of a player. But, lets not forget that during Jay's time our defense was one if not worst we have had. But your argument is bit flawed. Saying or acting like Plummer is the sole reason we got to playoffs is like saying Tebow is the sole reason we got to the playoffs and we both know that Tebow is not a better QB than Cutler or Plummer. A great QB is important naturally but all 3 of those QB's had different circumstances and different teams around them at the time they were in service. My biggest issue with Plummer was his inconsistency and lack of preparation which ended up being his eventual downfall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Ahh.. .so this spilled over from Twitter.

Rex, Beef and myself have been having a discussion on Twitter, after Vic Lombardi told Buff off.

I don't understand the hate for Plummer. Lord knows he's not the best QB ever, but why the hate?

Beef says he hates the fans, and is a quitter, and doesn't like competition.

I don't buy all of that, but what would you all have had him do? Play another season just cashing the checks even though his heart wasn't in it anymore? I'd much rather have him retire like he did, then waste a season or two just going through the motions and cashing checks. . .. You guys hating on him have put him in a no win situation. No matter what he does, it's wrong.

I liked Plummer. He got tired of the game, and wanted to quit. I'm glad he had the integrity to retire, and didn't waste our time, or the team's time and money on him any longer.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I'm not saying he was a hall of famer or anything, but some people act like he was Tebow level bad. It's really really hard to go 39-15 at the nfl level with poor qb play unless you have a stacked defense which we definitely didn't have at that time.
    But your two statements "we didn't go back for 6 seasons" and " I guess people liked missing the playoffs for 5 straight".... is suggesting that Plummer, alone, is the reason we went or did NOT go to the playoffs. That's just not accurate. As I pointed out, many bad Qbs go to the playoffs, several times in a row. Many Great QBs haven't won a Super Bowl. Some great QBs has a losing playoff record. Looking at the numbers on a sheet doesn't tell the story.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, i think talent wise Cutler is better than Plummer but the mentality of both is vastly different. If you took Plummer's fire and heart and put it in Jay you would have one hell of a player. But, lets not forget that during Jay's time our defense was one if not worst we have had. But your argument is bit flawed. Saying or acting like Plummer is the sole reason we got to playoffs is like saying Tebow is the sole reason we got to the playoffs and we both know that Tebow is not a better QB than Cutler or Plummer. A great QB is important naturally but all 3 of those QB's had different circumstances and different teams around them at the time they were in service. My biggest issue with Plummer was his inconsistency and lack of preparation which ended up being his eventual downfall.
    Cutler may have more physical gifts than Plummer, but overall, I would rather Jake Plummer in his prime be my qb over Jay Cutler.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Cutler sucked, and still sucks.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information