Default AFC West Standings

Week 1:

Tennessee 26, Kansas City 10
    N.Y. Jets 19, Oakland 14
    Denver 31, Indianapolis 24
    Arizona 18, San Diego 17

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Look at all those zeroes in the Denver line, and the streak "Won 1" should really be "Lost 2Q" #KeepingItJoel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

That's a beautiful thing Mo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That's a beautiful thing Mo.
    We'll bump this thread all the way to the division championship this team will win.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We'll bump this thread all the way to the division championship this team will win.
    We will never be anywhere but first place, mark it down.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Default Defintely glad we're the only AFCW team that won, but one game at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    We will never be anywhere but first place, mark it down.
    Prob'ly so. With Indy beaten, the rest of the AFCWs schedule is uniformly brutal except for one AFCN team—but we don't have to play the defending AFC Champs, let alone TWICE. If we beat KC, we'll be 2 games up on them overall and in the division, and CAN'T lose the first tiebreak—if not, we'll be even overall, but they'll be a game up in the division and CAN'T lose the first tiebreak (plus they'll be at home for the rematch that decides it.) One game at a time, especially with THIS schedule; a win vs. KC plus Seattle winning @SD would put us in the AFCW drivers seat. All that said....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Default Sorry, a 4th straight division title just isn't good enough

Not with THIS teams talent. Literally HALF our starting offense are Pro Bowlers; (at least) one's a HoFer. Our D has 4 more Pro Bowlers, including another probable HoFer opposite a guy just 2 years removed from DRoY honors. A defending Conference Champ that's won its division 3 years running and has HALF a Pro Bowl starting lineup SHOULD win its division handily. The question is: What next...?

In that respect, I'm even happier NE lost and we not only won, but beat INDY. I'd be happier if Cincy and Baltimore tied, but Pitt lost, and Indy and NE are far more worrisome playoff rivals than anyone in the AFCN: We're now a game up on BOTH for playoff homefield; the head-to-head makes it effectively TWO games on Indy. A win @NE (difficult as that always is) would all but assure the AFCs Super Bowl road goes through Mile High. But: One game at a time; we still need to put down KC so the road to the SB doesn't go through Arrowhead (though that worked out OK in '97.)

Bottom line is we're not the freakin' Browns, so thrilled with the slimmest chance to make the postseason we don't care if we win any GAMES there. We're capable of too much more to settle for so little.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

More important to me is that we have a game lead now on the Patriots, Ravens and Colts in any tie-breaking scenarios down the line. The AFC West division doesn't worry me. We'll take that. It's the home field advantage in the playoffs I'm shooting for.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post

In that respect, I'm even happier NE lost and we not only won, but beat INDY. I'd be happier if Cincy and Baltimore tied, but Pitt lost, and Indy and NE are far more worrisome playoff rivals than anyone in the AFCN: We're now a game up on BOTH for playoff homefield; the head-to-head makes it effectively TWO games on Indy. A win @NE (difficult as that always is) would all but assure the AFCs Super Bowl road goes through Mile High. But: One game at a time; we still need to put down KC so the road to the SB doesn't go through Arrowhead (though that worked out OK in '97.)

Bottom line is we're not the freakin' Browns, so thrilled with the slimmest chance to make the postseason we don't care if we win any GAMES there. We're capable of too much more to settle for so little.
    It's a little early to be worried about what everyone else is doing in any given week, but I did want to respond to the KC part. Come on, Joel - that team was going to be mediocre at best, and without Johnson and the way their schedule is shaping up, they're likely to be 0-5. Even if we somehow lose this week, I'm not going to throw in the towel. The only thing going through Arrowhead this year is a top 5 draft pick (probably an OT, the way they draft) not any playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Our division is tough and still expect the Chargers to keep the pressure on.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 09-10-2014 at 06:29 PM.

15. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just one game. Long way to go.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Just one game. Long way to go.
    Thanks capt obvious!

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Thanks capt obvious!
    So what do we do to celebrate next week's win? Brownies and cookies?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Thanks capt obvious!
    So what do we do to celebrate next week's win? Brownies and cookies?
    Sounds good! If we can beat Seattle too, strippers and blow for everyone!

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    It's a little early to be worried about what everyone else is doing in any given week, but I did want to respond to the KC part. Come on, Joel - that team was going to be mediocre at best, and without Johnson and the way their schedule is shaping up, they're likely to be 0-5. Even if we somehow lose this week, I'm not going to throw in the towel. The only thing going through Arrowhead this year is a top 5 draft pick (probably an OT, the way they draft) not any playoffs.
    Johnson's not their whole D, and it's still pretty fierce. They've still got Hali, Houston and Poe as roughly half of a pretty good front seven, plus Berry deep. They've still got Jamaal Charles and a QB who's a better passer than the one who stole his last job; if his WRs hadn't dropped a lot of nicely thrown balls the last time KC played @Denver, that game might've ended much less happily.

I said last year KC's neither as good as their 9-0 start nor as bad as their 2012 last place finish, and stand by that. I think they're still better than SD (whom Seattle should destroy this week) which makes them our strongest AFCW competition, however relatively weak or strong that is. Even if they're not, it's still a game, and a divisional game, which makes it part of the 3rd division tiebreak, 1st-2nd tiebreak vs. Jax and Baltimore and 2nd-3rd tiebreak vs. the 4 AFCN/S teams that play neither of us.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information