Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: AFC West Standings

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Not to nitpick but when you have 2nd and 2 on the opponents' 30 with :30 left and one timeout, why did they throw two poor short pass plays and then kick the FG with :20 left for the other team to try to make a comeback?

Run the dang ball for the first down and bleed the clock down to :03 left and then kick the FG, leaving the other guys no time. If you want to try to move the ball further down the field so the kicker has an easier FG try, that's a good idea too. I just feel like Reid mismanaged that and was lucky it didn't cost him.
    They were out of timeouts.
    KC is 3-3 by the way

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Have to pick your poison here, glad the Chiefs won.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Have to pick your poison here, glad the Chiefs won.
    The Bolts worry me far more, especially coming to Denver pissed on a short week, when we may be a bit relaxed and distracted after Manning set another career record DESTROYING a very good team.

All that said, this was the first Bolts game I've watched this year, and they didn't look all that invincible. Their offense is as good as advertised; Rivers hasn't had many good WRs most of his career, but he's got a great quartet now, and they could hurt our secondary if we can't pressure him Thursday. Their D still looked weak to me though, even before they lost Flowers, and if he's concussed he probably won't clear the protocol in time to play Thursday. They're still blitzing to make up for a soft secondary, and Manning eats blitzes alive. I'm a little worried about Liuget vs. Franklin, and their WRs, but that's it.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

BRONCOS have their time to make a statement in the AFC West on Thursday Night, Manning & Co better show up. Cant be happy just breaking records.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The Bolts worry me far more, especially coming to Denver pissed on a short week, when we may be a bit relaxed and distracted after Manning set another career record DESTROYING a very good team.

All that said, this was the first Bolts game I've watched this year, and they didn't look all that invincible. Their offense is as good as advertised; Rivers hasn't had many good WRs most of his career, but he's got a great quartet now, and they could hurt our secondary if we can't pressure him Thursday. Their D still looked weak to me though, even before they lost Flowers, and if he's concussed he probably won't clear the protocol in time to play Thursday. They're still blitzing to make up for a soft secondary, and Manning eats blitzes alive. I'm a little worried about Liuget vs. Franklin, and their WRs, but that's it.
    No excuses......Chargers coming off a short week as well. It's a home game for Denver, just get the W, BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post

Yeah, I think that the timing is such that Flowers won't be able to play on Thursday. Apparently Verrett is hurt too (I haven't been paying that much attention). That should be a big help in that game.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The Chiefs wore down the SD defense by holding the ball 2/3rds of the time. The SD offense probably is fresh and somebody is going to need to cover Gates (hopefully not Rahim), but if the defense can handle that, they should be okay against Phyllis.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    No excuses......Chargers coming off a short week as well. It's a home game for Denver, just get the W, BRONCOS!
    Oh, totally; SD has a really steep hill to climb given all their injured starters and travelling on a short week after a deflating loss. We only lose if we blow it or they're just better, which is on us either way.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Yeah, I think that the timing is such that Flowers won't be able to play on Thursday. Apparently Verrett is hurt too (I haven't been paying that much attention). That should be a big help in that game.
    I forget the injury but, yeah he was out vs. KC; dunno if he'll be ready Thursday. If not, we should SHRED that secondary; according to Google, DT is 4" taller, 50 lbs. heavier AND ran the 40 a tenth of a second faster than Shareece Wright. His measurables actually match Sanders better, but he's still a bit lighter and slower.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    The Chiefs wore down the SD defense by holding the ball 2/3rds of the time. The SD offense probably is fresh and somebody is going to need to cover Gates (hopefully not Rahim), but if the defense can handle that, they should be okay against Phyllis.
    Gates could definitely hurt us; he's practically made a career of it, and unlike previous SD teams, this one has enough too many good WRs for to ignore them and give someone help with Gates. I'd worry even with Trevathan healthy, but, must as I like Marshall, Gates would blow right past him, and Irving would be worse. Conventional wisdom says Ward should cover him, and that may still be the best bet since we need all of Talib, Harris and Roby to cover Floyd, Royal and Allen.

That and a couple LB zones would leave the front four little help against runs (which McCoys team does often and well,) but our run D's stout, and hopefully up to the fourth string RBs to which SD's been reduced. It won't leave much room for FS free-lancing though (read: If Rahim "Legend in His Own Mind" Moore hotdogging it again costs us another TD I'll beat him with a shovel. ) Still and so, I'd rather have our D against their offense than vice versa.

A note of caution: They're top 5 vs. the pass but average vs. the run, and we're the opposite; if it comes down to whether Rivers or Hillman can light up a soft defense more, I know who I'd pick....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There once was a poster named Joel
    Who posted with bowels full
    Used so many words
    To tell all the nerds
    Something no one bothered to mull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    There once was a poster named Joel
    Who posted with bowels full
    Used so many words
    To tell all the nerds
    Something no one bothered to mull.
    Pretty weak "nerds" then; mulling copious data is kind of the nerds defining quality. I could do with more nerds and fewer console jockeys, probably because my first computers graphics options were "amber or green" (which was a pretty easy "choice.")

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

True. I'll work on my diction. And wth you talking about easy amber green graphics choices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    True. I'll work on my diction. And wth you talking about easy amber green graphics choices?
    As in "I've been a nerd long enough to have owned several monochrome monitors, so what do you expect?" I still wonder who thought amber was a good idea; probably a blind dude who wanted company.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

#Winning
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I noticed Joel hasn't posted in over two weeks. I guess you finally chased him away MO.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I noticed Joel hasn't posted in over two weeks. I guess you finally chased him away MO.
    I kind of assumed he got banned.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information