Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: Ray Rice video released

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Bill Simmons was right. He's the big winner in all of this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

How does ray rice get reinstated but not AP. I guess intent and malice and lying and deceit aren't factors????
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    How does ray rice get reinstated but not AP. I guess intent and malice and lying and deceit aren't factors????
    Adrian Peterson's appeal is set for Dec 2, he has to follow the process the same way rice did
    Free Hotcarl!

4. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Because a judge ruled in favor of Rice in his dispute with the NFL, as far as I know, AP hasn't gone down that road yet.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Think of it like double Jeopardy. The NFL imposed a suspension on rice, then they imposed a new suspension with no new evidence. You can't do that. Peterson is an entirely different situation. They didn't suspend him twice for the same offense, so there is no reason to suddenly overturn it.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Adrian Peterson's appeal is set for Dec 2, he has to follow the process the same way rice did
    You beat me to the post button by a few seconds.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    So did Vick, but that didn't stop the Eagles from signing him right out of prison. There's been one constant in every situation involving players that get into trouble. The greater your talent, the more willing teams are to forgive your transgressions.
    Indeed. But i just dont think Denver will be one of those teams. IMO anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No one is signing rice this year. Has everyone suddenly forgotten that he totally sucked last year? Yeah Vick got another shot because he was an elite young qb when he left. Rice is a washed up running back. Why would any team take on that kind of baggage for a player who isn't even good anymore?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No one is signing rice this year. Has everyone suddenly forgotten that he totally sucked last year? Yeah Vick got another shot because he was an elite young qb when he left. Rice is a washed up running back. Why would any team take on that kind of baggage for a player who isn't even good anymore?
    Yes, I remember that the entire Raven's O was horrible last year. It's been my view that it was the result of Flacco getting paid so much that they couldn't afford to keep his best WR. With Flacco being so pathetic, opposing Ds were able to gang up on Rice. Wasn't Rice also one of those RB last year with injury issues? There's so many each year, its hard to keep track. Nevertheless, 1 really bad season doesn't necessary mean a player is washed up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

So he probably won't play?? I had a basically empty roster spot and picked him up real quick. Should I dump him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Think of it like double Jeopardy. The NFL imposed a suspension on rice, then they imposed a new suspension with no new evidence. You can't do that. Peterson is an entirely different situation. They didn't suspend him twice for the same offense, so there is no reason to suddenly overturn it.
    Well I can understand that. Thanks!!

So he probably won't play?? I had a basically empty roster spot and picked him up real quick. Should I dump him.
    I wouldn't keep him around, he had a poor year year in 2013, and even if he signs with a team quick I don't seem him being a productive back until he learns the system, there's a lot to pick up on. And the only teams that would consider him are contenders really lacking at rb. Denver could be a possibility but it's so doubtful, I just feel like you're wasting a spot
    Last edited by Pudge; 11-28-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    Free Hotcarl!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information