Thread: Northman wishes could Mock Draft this well....pre-superbowl

Default Northman wishes could Mock Draft this well....pre-superbowl

Before we get started yes, we understand players will rise and fall and we do not know what we are going to do in FA or type of defense we are going to run or our comp picks (Mo you owe me a drink you panzy) etc etc etc.

The superbowl is going to suck ass so lets have some fun with a mock instead.

Rd 1.

Kurtis Drummond FS
    He probably wont make it to us but man I freaking hope so. He is the FS we need. He will do much better than the dream (whom i feel will leave in FA). This guy is the goods and with our Corners- can help us have an elite set of DBs. This is a must pick for us in terms of needs. Best player in draft at his position = Sold to the broncos for the 28th pick in the draft.

Rd 2.

Haouli kikaha- OLB/DE
    I do not care if he fits better as an OLB. Same goes for Doom and he balled out with us. This kid can straight up harass the QB like no other. Like Doom he is smaller and will drop in the draft. Right to us I should say. We all know that size does not matter and with Ware getting older, this guy makes the perfect fit to rush the passer opposite Von. I love this guys game from what I have seen so far.

Rd 3.
    Clive Walford- TE
    Like a Julius Thomas. Not a polished blocker but better then JT, wont cost much and equally as dangerous catching the ball and getting open. I expect JT to leave and if he does we will need another TE. I would love Vernon in FA, but for now FA does not apply so Clive it is.

Rd 4.
    Tre Jackson- OG
    Dude is a beast. Road Grader. Can play LG and allow Franklin to go back to RT. Or play RG and Vasquez to play RT or whatever. Dude is a hoss and for a 4th rd pick ill take it.

Rd 4 Comp
    Arik Armstead- DE
    Holy schnikes this guy is like a Julius Peppers/Jadaveon Clowney mold. HUGE. STRONG. Quick on feet. He also sucks. I was intrigued by this guy with his measurables, but I watched a little bit of his game and he just kind of sucks. However, Elways says he does not draft All pros- They coach them up. This guy is raw but has everything you want out of a DE...Like JT he played BBall and decided to switch to football. So he has little coaching and technique. UPside guy all the way and with his measurables out of the park, he makes for a wonderful Comp pick selection. (May be a bit too soon on him, but its a comp so screw it and take him)

after Rd 4. I do not know what picks we have with trades and whatnot so we will just leave it at 5 picks for now. I understand that this mock has made your world better and happy and that you do not want it to end (except Northy who is jealous) but I must go now. Thank you and may the gods destroy both the seahawks and patriots forcing both to forfeit.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

R2. Gurley bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    R2. Gurley bro.

Gurley is interesting. He reminds me of three backs put together. He is Adrian Peterson- fast and strong as an ox. He is also Steven Jackson- destroys people and not real elusive but can run around guys. Not a cutter. He is also Chris Brown? (the old CU guy who played for Titans)- runs real upright but a solid runner nonetheless. I like Gurley a lot. Dude is ridiculous. I am not worried about his latest injury but I do believe he will have injury issues in the pros with his upright running style.

I also do not think we need him. But I would love him.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

6. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i think him and CJ splitting reps would be beast if we are trying to get away from the Manning finesse pass game.

If we took him at 2. We would still need a DE (or we could wait a year) but also then have to look at some 3rd rd DT and OL....Who would we look at then for if we took Todd Burely Gurley.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Omg, Lancane has his work cut out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Omg, Lancane has his work cut out for him.

Hopefully we can keep this going to the next two weeks or so.

So what do you have North? Gurley in 2? Perryman in 1? A Trade?
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Hopefully we can keep this going to the next two weeks or so.

So what do you have North? Gurley in 2? Perryman in 1? A Trade?

To be honest i havent had much time to dive into it but i was just quickly looking over some of the players and apparently in some mocks Houston is interested in Gurley at #16 so im not sure if he will drop into the 2nd. I know people think "what?" with Foster but he does spend a good amount of time on IR so it wouldnt be the far fetched for the Texans to look at Gurley there. I like your Tre Jackson pick, like a lot but ive been seeing him listed as going in the 2nd round so not sure if he will be there in the 4th. And Drummond was listed as a possible 3rd rounder. Are you just high on those players or do you think that is where they will be taken? Also, are you sure we have 4th round picks? I need to see if i can find a site that tells us all the picks we have this year. As for trading, not sure how i feel about it. A part of me would like to trade back and stockpile, but at the same time we do need to get some guys who will be starters either at the beginning of the year or midway. Especially if Manning comes back.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

As of right now I like the guys just not some of the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    As of right now I like the guys just not some of the rounds.

Well, we have two weeks that we need to kill. Take a round and fix it every few days.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Well, we have two weeks that we need to kill. Take a round and fix it every few days.
    Lmao

The will be gone in round 4 I think

Drummond will be there but I think he may be around in early 3rd as well.

What do you do about RT? Vasquez needs to be back at G IMO where he flourished.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Lmao

The will be gone in round 4 I think

Drummond will be there but I think he may be around in early 3rd as well.

What do you do about RT? Vasquez needs to be back at G IMO where he flourished.

Tre? Yea, he could be gone by then. Right now, rumors are that Schofield AND latimore are/were ready to play and fox did not want them too- which led to some of the tension between elway and fox. I doubt that from my film study I did on Schofield, but for now I am just going to assume that Franklin or Schofield play RT for us. (my real hope is we sign Bulaga or some other RT in FA)

Ive heard different stuff on drummond and I have yet to actually watch his games so I have no clue. If he is there in the 3rd- I have a feeling he goes first round- then id be estatic and take Perryman at 28 if he were to fall there.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Roby

Todd Gurley is not even an option in round 2. I could see the colts or patriots grabbing him in round 1. If they don't a team will grab him in the 2nd before us. He is a luxury that Denver can't afford.
    Last edited by Tebowtime2011; 01-19-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information