Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 High School Football

Well, I was just selected to work a playoff game in Jerry World. I've never been so I'll get to see what all of the fuss is about.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Well, I was just selected to work a playoff game in Jerry World. I've never been so I'll get to see what all of the fuss is about.
    That's really cool. Congrats Spiker, they only select the good ones for those gigs I bet.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    That's really cool. Congrats Spiker, they only select the good ones for those gigs I bet.
    Thanks bud, that's what I'm going to tell everybody.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

I worked the game at AT&T Stadium last night. It was impressive, but I still think I'm partial to Mile High and Reliant (or whatever it's called now). I got a great look at the field... all of the field. The score was 66-41. I ran my butt off. It was still a great time and Jim Mora Jr. was on my sideline all night (I presume scouting some players).

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I worked the game at AT&T Stadium last night. It was impressive, but I still think I'm partial to Mile High and Reliant (or whatever it's called now). I got a great look at the field... all of the field. The score was 66-41. I ran my butt off. It was still a great time and Jim Mora Jr. was on my sideline all night (I presume scouting some players).
    That's awesome bud.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Rifle moved on to the Semi Finals with a 15-0 win at Roosevelt in blizzard conditions. Roosevelt was the third leading rushing team in the state regardless of classification with 331 yards per game on the ground and Rifle held them to half that, at the most. Rifle's Defense is very good. Go Bears!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Rifle just beat Fort Morgan 35-7 to advance to the finals. Rifle dominated a pretty good Fort Morgan team. We will be going to Pueblo (barring a miracle comeback by Discovery Canyon) next Saturday for the championship game. Unless the weather is just terrible the family and I will make the trek to watch the game.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

A story on officiating and our crew was on the front page of our local paper. Some good pics and video (if it shows up).

Refs earn their stripes in often thankless job
    http://www.expressnews.com/sports/hi...=email-desktop

This message was sent via expressnews.com.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

A story on officiating and our crew was on the front page of our local paper. Some good pics and video (if it shows up).

Refs earn their stripes in often thankless job
    http://www.expressnews.com/sports/hi...=email-desktop

This message was sent via expressnews.com.
    Very Cool, Spike.

Nice blown call though....

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Rifle is tied up at 7 at the half. Good match up. Pueblo East is huge compared to our guys though. They're OL averages around 250 while ours is around 190. were hanging in there though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Interesting game yesterday. Deion Sanders was one of the coaches on my sideline.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Rifle is tied up at 7 at the half. Good match up. Pueblo East is huge compared to our guys though. They're OL averages around 250 while ours is around 190. were hanging in there though.
    How did the game turn out?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Interesting game yesterday. Deion Sanders was one of the coaches on my sideline.
    Hopefully, he doesn't coach techniques on tackling.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I drove to Pueblo yesterday to watch that game at Dutch Clark stadium. What and incredible day for football in Colorado. 70 degrees. We started sitting on the Rifle side and then moved over to the East side. Rifle beat East 56-6 in 2012 on that same field. Great game yesterday. 14-14 until Pueblo East pulled away in the second half. 30-14 to win their first ever state championship.
    Last edited by Dzone; 11-30-2014 at 12:48 PM.

27. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    I drove to Pueblo yesterday to watch that game at Dutch Clark stadium. What and incredible day for football in Colorado. 70 degrees. We started sitting on the Rifle side and then moved over to the East side. Rifle beat East 56-6 in 2012 on that same field. Great game yesterday. 14-14 at halftime until Pueblo East pulled away in the second half. 30-14 to win their first ever state championship.
    A combination of a couple mistakes and the incredible size advantage(they had a WR and 3 LBS that were bigger than all but 2 of our players) of Pueblo East wore Rifle down. The Sideline infraction call that kept Pueblo's first drive in the second half alive was huge too. I didn't get that one because I thought they were supposed to get a warning first.
    Pueblo East's QB is one helluva football player.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

29. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information