Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 High School Football

Adopted Bronco:

Default 2014 High School Football

Kind of wish I had my son on my fantasy team today. 2 TD receptions, 2 point conversion, TD pass.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

One of Alaska's best HS football teams (South HS) went down to Stephenville, TX, and South HS found out what Texas football is about. 43-0 Stephenville.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Ironically, this is an article about my son's HS football team. He loves the game and does damn good at CB, regardless of the outcome of the game. It'll be his last season to put on the pads, as he is a Senior.

http://www.adn.com/article/20140904/howling-change

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Dutch Fork is where my two nephews will be attending High School when they reach that age. Ayden, the youngest, wants to play football.

Dutch Fork High School takes on Texas team ranked No. 4 in the nation

COLUMBIA, SC — After Dutch Fork won the Class 4A Division 1 football championship in December, the team knew there would be some perks.

So it was no surprise to coach Tom Knotts when various promoters pitched the idea of a national spotlight game for the 2014 season.

On Thursday afternoon, the Silver Foxes touched down in Love, Texas, in preparation for their big game against the two-time defending Texas 5A champion Allen Eagles on Friday night.

“We had four or five teams in Texas we could pick from to play and we chose Allen. We might have been a bit over ambitious,” Knotts said.

Knotts was hoping his Silver Foxes would get to play in the two-year-old $60-million, 18,000-seat Allen High stadium. But Allen is playing its games at Kimbrough Stadium in Plano this season because the stadium is closed for repairs.

Allen is the No. 4 team in the nation in this week’s USA Today prep football rankings. It has several Division I recruits, led by senior quarterback Kyler Murray, who was the 2013 Gatorade Texas Player of the Year and is a Texas A&M commitment.

Dutch Fork also has drawn its share of national attention, with high-profile college recruits such as defensive back Stephen Davis Jr., who has committed to Auburn, and running back Matt Colburn, a Louisville commit.
    Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/09/04/3...#storylink=cpy

Stephen Davis Jr. is the son of former RB Stephen Davis who played 11 seasons in the NFL with Washington and the Panthers notably. Also an Auburn alum. Jr.'s final 2 were Auburn and SC. I was holding on to hope but it was expected he would follow his dads foot steps.

Colburn rushed for 2,289yds and 36TDs last season. He's a burner with 4.3 speed. It would be a huge upset if the Silver Foxes (ranked #2 in the state but #82 in the country) won which i don't expect them too. I think Byrnes would give them a better game. Not that they would win but their a much better all around team IMO.

This is a rarity for schools in my area. They usually either go down to Florida to play other High Schools, or the Florida Schools travel here.

Adopted Bronco:

Been watching Kyler Murray for awhile. Kid is a stud...he'll look good in maroon next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Saw a pretty crazy eight-man game last week. Back to 11-man this week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Those same South Wolverines, who went down to Texas, beat Eagle River 72-0. I guess a positive was my son had 13 or 14 solo/open field tackles, maybe one pass play. Brutal!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Rifle is 3-0 and has gotten into a running clock in every game. We've beaten every team by 50 or more points. I'm telling you right now one of the best HS football coaches in the states coaches at little old Rifle. We've only lost 4 games in the last 4 years and 3 of those were to eventual state champions, all 3 of which should have technically been 4A schools(it is absolutely bogus that a school can petition to be dropped a division because of competitive reasons and then go on to win the State Championship at the lower division).

Rifle and it's coaching staff does more with less than any program I've ever seen. They are always the smaller team. We have guards and DTs that way under 175lbs year we still dominate. We played Windsor in the Playoffs in 2011 (I think) and the had 2 D1 recruits on their OL (their OL avsrages 285lbs) including a top 10 ranked kid who went to Ohio State and we had a NT that weighed 150lbs and we were leading at half IIRC.

I've coached baseball with and been around Rifle's HC for a number of years and I can tell you he is special. That man was born to lead people and he is absolutely amazing at what he does.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    null
    Dutch Fork gave it a run. The Allen defense is atrocious this year and Kyler Murray is having to be a one man show. In 2 games so far he's accounted for over 1000 yards of offense with 5 passing TD'S and 8 rushing TD'S.

12. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Watching Lubbock Cooper vs Stephenville on ESPN

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Lubbock sucks.

15. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Lubbock won.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Watching North Pole vs Soldotna in the AK medium school State Championship.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

How'd your boys do this year, Coach?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information