Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Orton to the Bills

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Orton was never an actual NFL QB. I know you have no respect for Tebow but I'd take him over Orton every day of the week. Orton is the worst starting QB the Broncos have ever had.
    That's just crazy talk.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I do love a good Orton hate fest.

Worst QB ever for the team. Hmm. Trying to decide if Kanell or Frerotte were worse...

Might have to go back to DeBerg for some competition for that title? Sure there were plenty of tomato-cans in the 60s.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I do love a good Orton hate fest.

Worst QB ever for the team. Hmm. Trying to decide if Kanell or Frerotte were worse...

Might have to go back to DeBerg for some competition for that title? Sure there were plenty of tomato-cans in the 60s.
    I think DeBerg was kinda decent. For the title there really isn't any competition for Steve Tensi. We traded two firsts for this guy, who ended up with a career completion % of under 43%. Unlike stiffs like Kanell or Matt Robinson he was here for four years.

His lifetime stats? Read 'em and weep.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TensSt00.htm
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I think DeBerg was kinda decent. For the title there really isn't any competition for Steve Tensi. We traded two firsts for this guy, who ended up with a career completion % of under 43%. Unlike stiffs like Kanell or Matt Robinson he was here for four years. His lifetime stats? Read 'em and weep. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TensSt00.htm
    If Orton can be unanimously crowned the worst QB to suit up for Denver in since Tensi in '65-'70 -- that's still a remarkably shameful achievement...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I don't think it'd hurt Buffalo at all if they started Orton over Manuel. Let Manuel hold the clipboard for a bit and learn under Orton. I know we all hated Orton here, but now that he is gone, he wasn't too BAD. I mean he wasn't great, but he's good enough to get you 6-8 wins, in my humble opinion. I could see him starting if Manuel craps the bed. Just my 2 cents.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I don't think it'd hurt Buffalo at all if they started Orton over Manuel. Let Manuel hold the clipboard for a bit and learn under Orton. I know we all hated Orton here, but now that he is gone, he wasn't too BAD. I mean he wasn't great, but he's good enough to get you 6-8 wins, in my humble opinion. I could see him starting if Manuel craps the bed. Just my 2 cents.
    Orton may indeed be an upgrade over Manuel. That is not and endorsement of Orton so much as that I suspect Manuel is a chump.

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Orton may indeed be an upgrade over Manuel. That is not and endorsement of Orton so much as that I suspect Manuel is a chump.
    Yup I agree to a certain extent, I don't think Manuel has been very good so far, maybe he will improve, I'm not sure. I just know Buffalo deserves a winning team, and I think Orton gives them the best chance to win right now and make this season somewhat competitive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Yup I agree to a certain extent, I don't think Manuel has been very good so far, maybe he will improve, I'm not sure. I just know Buffalo deserves a winning team, and I think Orton gives them the best chance to win right now and make this season somewhat competitive.
    The tragedy of Orton is that he will usually play just well enough to lose. With Tebow you never quite knew what would happen. You might watch 58 minutes of utter gut wrenching ineptitude followed by two minutes of brilliance and a miraculous finish. With Orton you just knew deep down inside. Somehow, some way, he would come up short in the end. A two score deficit for Denver meant you could just about chalk up a W for the opponents. A third an 8 would see him complete a check down for 5 yards. He may not have been the worst QB ever to suit up but watching him play was completely dispiriting

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

The tragedy of Orton is that he will usually play just well enough to lose. With Tebow you never quite knew what would happen. You might watch 58 minutes of utter gut wrenching ineptitude followed by two minutes of brilliance and a miraculous finish. With Orton you just knew deep down inside. Somehow, some way, he would come up short in the end. A two score deficit for Denver meant you could just about chalk up a W for the opponents. A third an 8 would see him complete a check down for 5 yards. He may not have been the worst QB ever to suit up but watching him play was completely dispiriting
    hahaha that's right. He always did enough as well to make him worthy for another start, as he'll go 24 - 34 in passing with 2 TD's and an INT, and although he lost the game on the final drive.. he made it close, and you can only assume we'll get'em next time. Except we rarely ever got 'em next time. Only notable win in my mind is beating the Patriots when they came to town. He also beat the Packers when he was playing for the Kansas to stop the Pack from going undefeated in regular season.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I didn't hate him but I never believed in the guy as starting quarterback. He also comes across as kind of squirrelly.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information