Thread: Torn....the decisions on where to play football.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Default Torn....the decisions on where to play football.

I have been hit with a rather interesting situation. I have an option to try to play football at three different colleges. I have recently played college football at a junior college. Because of the fact I couldn't play football in high school due to a nasty leg injury, I couldn't immediately play at a larger college due to money. This year I stayed up here in Idaho to finish off a few classes so I could transfer to another college so this upcoming year will be my 4th, but the equivalent to my junior. I have received offers to play at two of the local colleges thanks to my last season (1003 yards 6 TDs as a #2 WR).

Eastern Washington has offered me almost a full ride due to sports

Washington State has offered me a half ride due to sports

Boise state has not offered me any scholarships due to sports; however, they have offered me $20,000 over two years because of my 3.6 GPA in Chemistry which is good amount of money since I am an Idaho resident.

Here is the problem. EWU is a good football college, but of course it is not division I. My problem there is I am not impressed with their Chemistry program as that is my major. Washington State has a great Chemistry program although I am not sure I want to play for their football team. Boise State also has a great Chemistry program, but it is a very good football program the competition will be brutal.

I will have to decide sometime in the next few months what I am going to do since I have to prepare to transfer to one of the schools. Boy this just rips me apart. I want to play football, but I also want to continue with my studies.
    Last edited by LoyalSoldier; 12-01-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information