Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Welker suspended 4 games

Adopted Bronco:
    Alijah Holder

I'm excited we won't have him for week three. He didn't need to die on the field that game. With the bye week, he'll have five weeks to recover and be fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It's sad. Dude has Hall of Fame potential and that's likely dashed. He probably feels sorry for himself that he got busted when guys like LT and Irvin partied the same and made it. Probably others that never got caught.
    Welker already has the stats for the HoF.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Welker already has the stats for the HoF.
    Excuse me. When has the NFL Hall of Fame ever been about stats? It's about how many years you were a Steeler or Cowboy.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Let's move on with Cody Latimer and Isaiah Burse.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post

I bet Caldwell will be playing the slot.
    Bubba had never let us down. And I see Sanders as a bigger deep threat.

I think tamme and bubba see the time in the slot with Latimer get some more game time than expected on the outside.

Either way - I don't see this overly impacting on our offence in a negative way

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    Bubba had never let us down. And I see Sanders as a bigger deep threat.

I think tamme and bubba see the time in the slot with Latimer get some more game time than expected on the outside.

Either way - I don't see this overly impacting on our offence in a negative way
    More two tight end sets. Thomas, Sanders, Thomas and Tamme. Latimer on the outside when we go 3-wide.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Frankly, not much of a setback as i really dont think he was going to play most of the year anyway. If it wasnt this drug stuff im convinced he would of gotten another concussion anyway. Sanders and DT will be the major contributors this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

how great is it, to be in the position where losing a potential hall of famer, is not actually that big of a deal!!!

Spano's article says that his defense is that his drink was spiked at the derby.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Well even after I slept on it I am having a hard time giving a crap. I hate how it makes our team look and I even feel a little bad for Welker because his reputation is taking a hit. Whether someone put the drugs in his drink or not he should know better about the NFL rules and the dangers of just taking things from people when you are out especially when you know drugs are around. Other than that I felt that Welker should have been off the field until after the BYE anyway due to his concussions, and we can make the adjustments to cover for his absence pretty easily from what I understand.

Miller pissed me off because its hard to replace what he does, and Prater made me less upset because I don't thin we rely on him like we did with Tebow at the helm, but this just makes want to call Wes a dumbass and move on. I can't judge him for what he does in his personal life, only on how he affects the team I root for. As it stands I think the Broncos may be better off without him for a month while he gets his head straight both literally and figuratively.

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Spano's article says that his defense is that his drink was spiked at the derby.
    Alright, now we're getting into serious denial mode here.

16. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

I can't bring myself to believe he was doing ecstasy. Amphetamines could be a possibility. All these guys are looking for focus. He'll, even Manning huffs ammonia on the sideline.

But why would he be doing that when he was partying at the derby?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

As others have said, Adderall is widely prescribed for post concussion symptoms. I've had a concussion myself and you basically do whatever the doctor says.

Maybe I'm naive, but the coincidence of his concussion and testing positive for what appears to be Adderall seems obvious.

Who knows, I certainly don't - but when the news hit, the first thing I thought of was aderall, not molly or whatever. Again, who knows.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by blamkin86 View Post
    Maybe I'm naive, but the coincidence of his concussion and testing positive for what appears to be Adderall seems obvious.
    The positive test was in may

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

This could end up being pretty sweet actually.

Welker gets all pissed about his rep being taken. He comes back on the prove-it tour 2014. Great success!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information