Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Final Broncos' Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Right, because the majority of their profits go to employee wages. The NFL doesn't even do that, despite an aggressive union representing employees who command and get 8 figure salaries on the open market; Arby's employees will take 8 DOLLARS/hr and be grateful.
    I think they missed your sarcasm here. Just this morning, 104.3 The Fan had a segment on how the players' union "got taken out behind the woodshed in negotiating the last CBA" because of the skyrocketing value of NFL franchises which of course goes into the owners' pockets. The Dallas Cowboys are now worth well over 3 billion $ according to Forbes and the Broncos up from $1.1 billion to $1.7 billion in recent years. In fact, the increase in the value of franchises dwarfs revenue increases for the NFL.

NFL employees like Arby's employees lack bargaining power. NFL players are better off of course, but they pay for it. I recently met a guy who was a former LB for the Cincinnati Bengals. He played for 2 years and another on the practice squad with another team. That was 15 years ago. Now he's driving me to the airport in his cab. He talks about how he's in constant pain from a hip injury and can barely walk. Needless to say, he's not a rich man today. He's typical of the average former NFL player, not the Peyton Mannings of the world. Played a couple of years and made maybe the league minimum. Then out of the league and saddled with a lifetime of crippling pain.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I think they missed your sarcasm here. Just this morning, 104.3 The Fan had a segment on how the players' union "got taken out behind the woodshed in negotiating the last CBA" because of the skyrocketing value of NFL franchises which of course goes into the owners' pockets. The Dallas Cowboys are now worth well over 3 billion $ according to Forbes and the Broncos up from $1.1 billion to $1.7 billion in recent years. In fact, the increase in the value of franchises dwarfs revenue increases for the NFL.

NFL employees like Arby's employees lack bargaining power. NFL players are better off of course, but they pay for it. I recently met a guy who was a former LB for the Cincinnati Bengals. He played for 2 years and another on the practice squad with another team. That was 15 years ago. Now he's driving me to the airport in his cab. He talks about how he's in constant pain from a hip injury and can barely walk. Needless to say, he's not a rich man today. He's typical of the average former NFL player, not the Peyton Mannings of the world. Played a couple of years and made maybe the league minimum. Then out of the league and saddled with a lifetime of crippling pain.
    A company's worth does not equate to cash-flow.

And, for the one player you met, there are hundreds that don't have significant physical ailments.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I saw a few reports on Twitter that Vickerson signed with the Bengals. I can live with that.

5. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I saw a few reports on Twitter that Vickerson signed with the Bengals. I can live with that.
    Retweeted by Jeff Legwold
    Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey · 40m

According to his Instagram page, former Broncos DT Kevin Vickerson has signed with #Bengals. He did visit yesterday. http://instagram.com/p/scvAWAQLy7/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

The Bengals, however, will not sign Vickerson this week, according to an NFL source. Possibly next week. Any vested veteran (four years or more of NFL service time) who is on a team’s season-opening roster automatically has his full-season salary guaranteed.

Vickerson is 31 and coming off a dislocated hip injury, which presents enough question mark for a team to minimize its risk.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-around/29160/

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ok keeping Burse isn't so stupid anymore.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information