By Brandon Spano

I was standing outside of the Broncos locker room at Mile High after they had just lost to the Texans last Saturday night. To be honest, I was waiting for the doors to open up and the media period to begin so I could get my interviews done and go home. As I was waiting I heard a pair of media members behind me talking about Wes Welker.

Keep in mind that we didn't even know if he actually had a concussion yet. All we knew is that he got rocked, and they were looking into it. But when one of them asked, “do you think we will ever see Wes Welker play again?” I thought, “Maybe they know something I don’t know?”

Turns out, they didn’t. The two media members were just speculating. Just assuming that if Welker indeed had another concussion, he might hang ‘em up. This baffled me. But they weren’t the ones who were crazy. Apparently, I was the one who wasn’t thinking clearly. It was announced minutes later that Welker did have a concussion and by Sunday morning the world was telling him to retire.

The greatest slot receiver that the league has ever seen (unarguably) should retire after a preseason concussion? The man who rattled off five seasons with over 110 catches and possesses three of the top ten greatest reception seasons of all time, should just walk away?

I must admit, it was humbling to find out that hundreds of my twitter followers consisted of neurobiologists with an expertise in cognitive science. Business must be slow for how often they appear to be tweeting.

I mean, people are actually saying that he’s too............... (Click below to continue)

READ THE FULL POST HERE!